It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL stunt designed to gain support for Pakistan invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That's what I think.

It is expected that OBL's supporters will attempt revenge attacks. Where do you think they will come from?

While the Pakistani Government is an ally of the US, the people that live there are not.

Many sheeple online are angry towards Pakistan. They seem to believe Pakistan knew he was there all along. They now view Pakistan as an enemy. Remember what GWB said about those who harbour terrorists?

Articles like this one in December fuel the fire.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani: Bin Laden not in Pakistan

The Prime Minister of Pakistan today slapped down a suggestion from Gordon Brown that his country should do more to hunt down Osama bin Laden, insisting on a visit to Downing Street that the al-Qaeda head was not even on Pakistani territory.

The fact that the mansion OBL was said to have been killed in was home to many retired Pakistani military officers also adds fuel to this fire.

Oh, and don't forget Pakistan shares a border with... Iran.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well well as expected Pakistan is next after the fall of the Libyan Government. Sure benefits the military industrial complex

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Articles like this one in December fuel the fire.

2009 not 2010. In which case OBL may not have been there at that time.

I'm glad he is dead though. more power!
edit on 2-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Actually, I did think it was 2010. Thanks for the correction.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I was a little harsh in my post towards you. I have edited it accordingly. Seemed like genuine mistake!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I mentioned this very same thing in another thread yesterday.

I beleive Osama's body was either placed there or the whole story concocted to start the enxt phase in Global Conquest - which is Pakistan.

By linking Pakistan to knowingly hiding/protecting Bin Laden puts them in the cross hairs.

We all know the Special Forces have plans already in place to secure pakistans nukes when the SHTF. This is on public record.

Link Pakistan to Bin laden.......Pakistani Jihadi's cannot be allowed to control nukes.......Swift and unnannounced shock and awe campaign the likes of which not seen since Vietnam.....insert special forces at the same time in multiple locations to secure/deactivate nuclear weapons/reactors.

Indian forces to cross the border and take care of the skirmishes and protect the special forces whilst they do their job on the ground....when all done...India will be allowed to take control over Pakistan and occupy it.

Simultaneously, Iran/Syria will get attacked by Israel.

Dark horses to watch....will Turkey allow Syria Iran to be attacked.....will russia and China sit back and watch everyone else over extend themselves or step in take back back their former colonies (former soviet states/Hong Kong).

False Flag nuke could be tied easily back to Pakistan as justification aswell.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Invade Pakistan? With proven nukes? With our military already stretched thin? Why? What would we gain by that? They don't have oil, we give them a lot of aid, which could be used as leverage for what we may seek from them, and they are at least nominal allies. I don't particularly trust them and they surely do harbor some terrorists though certainly many are in areas even the government hesitates to enter but we already send in drones and occasional forays in chase, so why invade? I don't see any advantage, If anything, I think what we just apparently did might put an additional scare into them. The government itself gets attacked by militants so unless we are aiding the government, I can't see us invading, in which case its aiding, not invading.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
Invade Pakistan? With proven nukes? With our military already stretched thin? Why? What would we gain by that?

"Weapons of mass distruction" is a favourite excuse for an invasion.

And gaining more territory to invade Iran would be priceless.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Pakistan president denies anything to do with the raid on Usamas compound

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that we invade one country, which then becomes very hostile to us, in order to use that as a base to invade another country? Invading Pakistan in order to invade Iran? Why not simply invade from Afghanistan, where we are already established? Why add to our problems? And weapons of mass destruction.... they were rumors in Iraq but absolutely proven in Pakistan, which has at least 100 warheads and missiles of fair range might only cause larger problems in the region, with their enemy India right next door and watching closely. A nuclear exchange is not in anyone's interest. I still don't understand your reasoning for invading Pakistan. It seems an added unnecessary step with more difficulties if our aim is to invade Iran. which is itself imploding, so why invade them? Pakistan is mostly Sunni, and not an ally of Shiite Iran but the Pakistanis would surely be against us were we to invade. And while it is not much more than a nominal democracy famous for coups, it might still be better than a purely Islamic state such as others in the region. They are already becoming fast friends with China and I don't particularly like that idea either. China is already making moves in the Stans north of Afghanistan as well as making deals IN Afghanistan. Encouraging Pakistan to toe the line more seems like a better idea than invasion. Aid money, our better friendship with India of late.... reasons for Pakistan to help rather than hinder.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
And don't forget the OIL - the west needs access to the oilfields.
So don't be surprised if America and Britain have 'terror attacks' soon and then have the excuse to invade the oil-rich countries.
Of course there will be 'evidence' found and all that jazz - passports, drawings, plans etc found on the dead bombers bodies.!!
The script has been written me thinks folks!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
pakistan doesn't export anything better than terrorism..they helped osama whose to say 2morow nukes from pakistan went missing many years ago..screw pakistan...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
U.S. views of Obama improve with bin Laden killing: Reuters/IPSO

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110503/us_nm/us_binladen_poll_1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The killing of Osama bin Laden has given President Barack Obama a popularity boost, with 39 percent of Americans telling a Reuters/Ipsos online poll that their views of the president's leadership skills have improved.

Forty-two percent of respondents also said they now had a higher opinion of Obama's handling of the war on terrorism. The poll findings, released on Tuesday, show a lift in Obama's standing, hurt recently by high gasoline prices.

(...)

top topics

join