It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Majority in Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Sure lets hitch our wagon to the titanic
thats a real good Idea

I forcast this, and I wll say next:
Goodbye Canada
Harper and Ignatieff were both bilderberger stooges
Harper still is

Not to mention for Harper to go to heaven means
Canada can't still be here at that time...
He's a Christian who's principle allegiance isn't to Canada
it is to Israel
(well he certainly harmonized that with the puppet rulers in the US)
Funny, when we find out there is no Canada
Harper will be finding out there is no heaven either.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I see.

And what direction do you think Canada should be going that it isn't?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Dont forget to call anyone who disagrees with you a sheeple.

On the contrary. I welcome disagreement, that's how we as a species learn believe it or not. What I am not up for, however, is some prick trying to tell me I'm being "vague" because my view of the world doesn't line up with the bullsh*** political side of things

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Again, then why are you even posting in this thread?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Judging by the US credit rating ( bankrupt since 1933),
dollar index, ( within a buck of its major collapse point)
and international reputation for integrity and honor ( Canadians can wear their OWN flag on their knapsacks when travelling)
and the American Christian right's rampant armegedonism
I can tell you which direction we shouldn't go...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I see.

Hate to interrupt but I feel I have something to add. Canada should be doing literally the polar opposite of what it's doing right now. Right now we're already looking at healthcare being axed soon, the military is in ruin (not that any of u civvies care about that), we're playing ball with the most corrupt corporations on the planet..Do I really need to go on. What we need to do is stop being such suck-up, weakling apologists and set our own goddamn destiny for once. We have the capability to do great things, but we throw it away to gain favour in the eyes of the devil. At the risk of sounding blatantly anti-american (something we canadians are a little too good at), I think we should cut our own trail. Let the states die, they're crumbling anyways. The only way we can salvage Mexico and Canada right now is if we (almost literally) cut ties and start from scratch. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

We need to NOT put
having armegeddon
before having health care...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I feel you xXxinfidelxXx and Danbones!

I think you right on it and why don't the rest of Canada don't see it the same way is a damn mystery to me.
Before Harper, we had every right to be proud of our country's image in the rest of the world. The image of Peace.
Before Harper, we actually managed to attain zero deficit! Which was killed by making a stupid war.

He just doesn't give a damn about this country, he just wants to have his spot in NWO and be rich, that's the way I feel.

Didn't Canada lend some of the Scandinavian politic ideas back before Harper was in? I remember how we praised the ideas that made Sweden the number 1 country in the world for the "happiness" factor. I don't remember the details perfectly but things like health care, education, job opportunities and family wealth...Sweden got it really well.

Now, well we can lend some ideas from are neighbors that are failing from the greedy people on top! -_-

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I can tell you which direction we shouldn't go...

Yes, you've made that clear. But what I asked was what direction you think it needs to go.

That's the problem with negative politics. It's easy to be against something, but you also have to be FOR something. The Liberals ran on being 'Not the Conservatives" and they saw a huge loss. This morning on the talk shows they are already blaming the Conservatives for their loss. Which is, of course, the sort of pass-the-buck, 'blame the other guy' attitude that lead to their loss.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I see.

Hate to interrupt but I feel I have something to add. Canada should be doing literally the polar opposite of what it's doing right now. Right now we're already looking at healthcare being axed soon, the military is in ruin (not that any of u civvies care about that),

LEt me get this straight. You complain about harper spending money on the military, then turn around and say Canada needs to spend more money n the military?

we're playing ball with the most corrupt corporations on the planet..Do I really need to go on. What we need to do is stop being such suck-up, weakling apologists and set our own goddamn destiny for once. We have the capability to do great things, but we throw it away to gain favour in the eyes of the devil.

So you think the NDP might balance that out a bit? I get you arent happy about Harper's win, but do you have some specific policy and party ideas for how to implement your ideas?

At the risk of sounding blatantly anti-american (something we canadians are a little too good at), I think we should cut our own trail. Let the states die, they're crumbling anyways. The only way we can salvage Mexico and Canada right now is if we (almost literally) cut ties and start from scratch. Just my 2 cents.

LOL> Canada would collapse if the US does This notion that Canada can exist in a separate reality fro the massive superpower to their immediate south is just nonsense.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
sigh
very very bummed today.
i have never been so nervous going forward as i am now. as everything i am for, my government is against (and vice-versa)

i'm appalled at this whole situation.. i said as soon as the government fell; what a mess, he's in contempt, and he's gonna end up getting a majority.. man, i hate being right

only 40% chose him, yet he get's a majority.. that's messed up too IMO (and we think the american system is flawed?)

so gutted by this. but oh well, i'll most likely be in jail soon and wont have to worry about to much fallout. y'all can house my arse just because i smoke marijuana and well, we're probably going to see his mandatory minimums now.. cause ya know, it works so well for the americans.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Election 2011 Live Results
Ontario:

CON..... 44% - 72
NDP..... 26% - 22
LIB....... 25% - 12

Hmm... 44% of the vote, yet twice the seats of the next two parties combined.

Gerrymandering maybe? Kinda looks like it. We'd have a rather different political landscape if there was proportional representation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
canada literally just became a two party system with no way of recovery

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I wish the people could vote for 50% in everything and leave the other 50% to the elected...not gonna say more on this type of subject atm

I think it's a really bad thing to only have 1 right wing party.
61% of Canadians favor the left, but the 39% got the type of government they wanted.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've been saying all along that a Tory majority will be a bad thing for the people of Canada. C= Corporate not Conservative imo. I just hope I'm wrong. And I'm conservative. I liked what the Con's proposed in their platform. Money later once the deficit is erased. It's Harper i don't trust. If he uses Parliament now like he's used the party in the past, breaching no dissent, lord knows what type of policy he'll put forth. This is one of the few times that I'd prefer an American style system. Vote for your party and then vote for the PM separately.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Actually, Tory majority might be good for Canada in the long-run. Let them do what they have been trying to do for a decade so the people can respond.

Of course, that may just discredit actual conservatism enough to ensure an NDP gov next time around??

It's interesting how the new seats reflect a serious divide in policy. The center fell off the map.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
im thrilled and unhappy at the same time when it came to this election. i hate the conservative majority, but i am thrilled with the ndp become opposition for the first time, as well as the green actulay getting an elcted seat.i think that this is a sign of change and it will play out differntly next time

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Sure lets hitch our wagon to the titanic
thats a real good Idea

Harper and Ignatieff were both bilderberger stooges
Harper still is.

i have looked into the harper builderberg connection.

i found he only attended once(according to jim tuckers list) he has not been there since.
so that means one of three things.
1. they told hime everything he needed to do
2.they give him instructioins via online
3. he didnt like it and has not attended since, or they didnt like him and stoped inviting him

i hope its the last one, but its proabaly one of the first two

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join