It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items that will contine to function after a collapse.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

you probably know that a gallon of water poured quickly down the toilet's bowl will cause it to "flush" in the normal manner.

it took one of mine 5 gals to flush it this way ~~!! Thx God we had the extra!!!

2nd to be sure

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

I have heard a rumor that an older tube type radio would survive a much bigger EMP strick than a new moden radio would. I do not have any way to test that rumor.

Somewhere I have plans my grandfather gave me that US prisoners of war had in WWII European theater. It was plans for a radio made out of a prisoner's red cross package.

Cardboard tube of oatmeal - used for forming the wire coil.
copper wire- stolen from around camp.

Sulfur (in the kit as a disinfectant) would make a solid octagonal crystal when dropped into molten lead (picked from window frames or old batteries). The crystal would make a crystal radio receiver.

I remember it used everything; including a brass button from an officers uniform, for the tuning contact on the coil, to candle wax to insulate the turns of wire on the coil.

I'll try to find that... could be handy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dr Strangecraft
I would love to have seen that engine test. That is what we need is more testing. By the way speaking of radios from WWII have you ever heard of the Razor Blade Radio or Foxhole Radio?

Radio plans

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by XmikaX

the meat-eaters diet as fertilizer is not good for plants and such. have you ever heard similar?

no never... I did a lot of research on compost/dry toilet few years ago but never came across that info... +myself being vegetarian you've scored out of my scope here. Meat-eaters are also using my dry toilets, i never observed any problem in composting process... i'll have to upgrade my knowledge on this i guess.

however and whatever, the most important thing to people to understand after decades of programming and brainwashing is that we cannot release our human waste in river and ground-water tables. It is unnatural and just plain ignorance of how is functioning our ecosystem.

If we keep to massively do that after tshtf as the op suggests it is slow, painful death through hardcore stomach/intestine diseases guaranteed for everybody in short time. so granted, you flush your s***, you don't see it anymore it feels so hygienic...

But where is it going after it's flushed ? hum ? short-sight consumer thinking...

survivalist shan't forget :

THINK GLOBAL, ACT LOCAL, unlike the OP THANKS

on another hand we can also speculate that fertilizer from meat-eater cannot be as bad as chemical fertilizer on the middle/long term (at least) for the All. chemical fertilizer are poison to All.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

lol and what are you proposing in your OP ?

-> "keep using your toilets after TSHTF !"

and where is going your s*** after you flush it ?

true you made me angry with so much short sight and i'm sorry for being angry.

your OP is amazingly ignorant and dangerous, that's why i'm angry, not against you as a human but this idea you've put in words.

Now if you, as a human, are here to deny ignorance just follow the links provided and READ and THINK.

if you're on an ego trip, well good luck man (and all the people that will live downstream from you after tshtf)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

you put 30 pounds of air pressure in your pressure tank and its set, there is no need to represurize it unless your pressure tank is bad
I have a 240 well with 80ft of casing running 140 ft in on a 1/4 horse red devil 240v pump and thats how it works

now as far as power, thats another story

you might consider building a portable drilling rig that can drill 100 ft and you can either put a hand pump on it or an above ground primer pump if you were close to a shallow water table..i can hit water at 25ft so its not a big deal

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

i don't know what's going on with this thread; plain gross ignorance from sheeple that never lived outside of the grid, that always got their water from the tap or is it pure disinfo campaign organised by some psychopath that don't want survivors to organize themselves in a sustainable way after tshtf...

and so they get out of bunker full power : "here sheeple, come here, obey our laws and work for us and we'll save you"

i know full paranoia; so come on OP, prove me paranoiac and wake up on the matter; there is no problem in being wrong; much more in not recognizing it; as we say in french, only idiots never change their mind;

deny ignorance now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

well since the ground water will be full of the s*** flushed by those top-notch survivalists i suggest you look for another source of water

drill for oil instead lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

What are you going to plug into the generator after an EMP strick? As pointed out in other post almost every thing is chipped now days.

My main concern is that I have the ability to maintain my and my communities wells.
The tanks and pumps are 20 feet below ground, the generators are not.

As I mentioned, we have solar ability, but that requires inverters and panels, which I'm sure could be damaged.
And the fact that solar isn't always reliable here in Wisconsin.

Thanks for the link, I read it once, but will need to read it a few more times to digest all the info.
Again, thanks for info.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance, but what about "classic" cars? In the movies (I know, I know...) the hero/heroine finds an old car that will start. We have a 1979 MG. Would it survive an EMP or is it still too "modern"? Just curious...And don't flame me! I don't know anything about cars except how to check the oil!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX

i know full paranoia; so come on OP, prove me paranoiac and wake up on the matter; there is no problem in being wrong; much more in not recognizing it; as we say in french, only idiots never change their mind;

deny ignorance now.

Frankly, I don't think you understand English well enough to grasp what I have been saying.

This thread is oriented toward immediate survival in the wake of a catastrophe, rather than long-term survival for a large number of people.

My point is simply that, just because a toilet won't flush when you pull the handle, does not mean that it will no longer remove wastes from your home from that moment onward. Instead, if you ad water manually, it will manage to remove wastes from the building where you are seeking refuge until a storm passes, or until radioactive fallout is no longer above lethal doses outside.

This is not a long-range strategy. It applies only to people in a large city where the power and water have been cut off, who are waiting to be rescued or who will have to hike out on their own. But the manual supply of water to a toilet after the tap no longer automatically produces water could keep you from getting sick until you secure a better toilet, by removing the necessity or habit of simply relieving yourself outdoors.

As I have said three or four different ways now, after a disaster like a tsunami or hurricane, when survivors cannot flush a toilet, many of them will simply crap in the yard or in the street, simply because the toilet no longer flushes when the handle is pulled. Obviously, if the sewer system is no longer maintenanced, it will eventually fill up and back up the pipe.

And with that, I am done with toilet talk. If you are some kind of poop-activist, why don't you start your own thread on that topic.

It's time to move on.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lolliek
Please forgive my ignorance, but what about "classic" cars? In the movies (I know, I know...) the hero/heroine finds an old car that will start. We have a 1979 MG. Would it survive an EMP or is it still too "modern"? Just curious...And don't flame me! I don't know anything about cars except how to check the oil!

My impression was that it would start. Of course, if it is the MG midget, you could always push-start the thing, if the starter was fried (it's what we did in college, on a midget that had no starter at all.)

My understanding is that the problem is with long circuits like antennas or power lines, or long loops of wire such as in a starter coil. And of course computer chips are even more sensitive than that.

But I would think that once you got it started, it should run as long as the battery is operational, and the alternator allowed current to complete a circuit....

In other words... I don't know.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Looking forward to those WWII radio plans. That sounds awesome!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

I do not know how to answer your questions about EMP effects on smalll engines and power systems all that well. The probelm is there is little real data to go on. Until some one does some real world testing by hitting a small gas engine and such things with an EMP we just do not know for sure. We are just guessing base on what we do have which is not much.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

i would not expect it to start - and IF it does the alternator diode pack :

picture

will be dead

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join