It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars DVDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was just wondering how the other Star Wars fans out there felt about the new changes on the DVD versions of the movies. I won't go into detail about the changes, just incase no one wants to know, but there are ways to find out online, be creative.

Personally I see no problem with Lucas making new changes. It's his vision, they are his movies, they're not the fan's movies. He can do whatever he wants. Granted he should do a release of the original trilogy, unaltered, on DVD, but that's besides the point. I own the original trilogy on VHS, so I'm all set with having a copy of the originals. So it doesn't bother me much.

For those people who say Lucas is ruining his movie, I really don't think he is. Technology has evolved, and Lucas wants to update his movies, let him. It's not going to ruin anything, because the original ones are still out there. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about because I wasn't alive to see the original movies in theaters, but guess what, I grew up loving Star Wars way before even the special editions came out. So I think I do know what I'm talking about.

So yeah, thoughts?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What were the biggest changes? I have the original and SE on vhs and refuse to shell out the money every time it is released in a new verson (shiny box). The only thing I care to see are deleted scenes anyway.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What are the new chnages? I don't mind if he spruces up some of the special FX, I still have the SE VHS tapes. As long as they are not major changes like wiping out characters or chaning polt details I don;t mind.

I heard a rumor that Lucas wants to do all the orginal films in complete CGI.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A couple major changes, I'm not sure if they're all true.

Jabba in ANH is now like the Jabba in ROTJ
The Emperor is now Ian McDiarmid in ESB
I believe they're putting in deleted scenes such as the sandstorm on Tatooine in ROTJ and a couple Tatooine scenes from ANH
Boba Fett's voice is replaced by Temura Morrison (Jango)
Anakin is now Hayden Christenson at the end on Endor (the ghosts)
They spiced up some space battle scenes I think, and lightsaber battles

Those are a couple off the top of my head. The only one that kinda irks me is replacing Fett's voice, because he's my favorite character.

There is a huge list of RUMORED changes if you go here: www.imdb.com...

So yeah...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok I read that one a long time ago thanks for reminding me.

I don't like the Anakin at the end of ROTJ or the Boba Fett ones.

The sprucing up of the lightsabers is good and the Jabba one is a really good one they did not even look alike.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I thought it was gonna be like in South Park. Where all the guns and lightsabers were digitally replaced with Walkie Talkies.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
George must love the PT to death. He's making all the changes so they conform to the PT instead of the other way around.

This is where George isn't very smart. He should've thought about these things before he made the PT. It's like he made the OT and then regretted doing the whole thing because then he couldn't be "creative" (like he's got any creativity anymore) with the PT.

The OT was great because of the way it was. Changes make it as bad as the PT.

He's an example of Lucas' retardation. If he uses Hayden Christiansen as Anakin at the end of RotJ, then that means he has to replace Obi-Wan and Yoda's ghost with Ewan McGreger and Yoda when he was 300 years old (young for Yoda). That's the only way that would make sense, then.

[Edited on 31-7-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Some of the changes I liked, others I didn't. I wouldn't care too much if he was making the original versions available like Spielberg did with ET.

I burned the originals onto a DVD from a friends laserdisc so I'm all set but its infuriating that he won't release him. He's only directed two good movies on his own and has never had a truly original concept or idea imo.

I hope directors use him as a template of how not to treat fans and thier films.

top topics

join