It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Osama's Death is Pure Hypocrisy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

I know exactly what you are saying. I've been saying to myself since hearing about this that I could never rejoice in the killing of any person. God forbid it. I don't care how much evil this person is responsible for, I can't put myself in that place of judgement. I thought I was probably the only one who felt that way though. I am not watching anything or reading anything about this, I want nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
I saw was a bunch of twenty-somethings snapping photos of how cool they looked in a crowd and twittering. Celebrating in the same way that disgusts Americans when those in the middle east do when one/some of our people are killed.

Exactly, did the OP notice it was crowds of young kids...
Most people I know are happy he's gone but they aren't dancing in the streets. It was a bunch of school kids who were looking for a reason to stay out late and miss class the next day, that is all.

You say "That is all" like this won't really have an effect on anything. Those images are now all over TV in the middle-east and have probably radicalised more people than you could imagine. They won't realise its just a few college kids having some fun.

Obama should have said something about not celebrating. How they should take the higher morale ground.

Also I have just been watching a few videos of the celebrations. Does this remind you of a scene of celebration in Iraq/Afghanistan?

www.liveleak.com...

Honestly if you compared it to a flag burning event it'd be almost exactly the same but with less alcohol and exploding fireworks.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My apologies, and I will try to edit my original post, but the Martin Luther King, Jr. quote is a bit off.

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy."
- Jessica Dovey

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

My apologies for originally quoting it as being all MLK, Jr., simply heard it from someone and thought it was immediately warranted in sharing no matter who said it.

<< 1  2   >>

join