It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Osama's Death is Pure Hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I wasn't going to make a thread on this but what the hay...

From what I saw on TV was an absolute disgrace. There were images of American people celebrating and cheering, holding signs up like "Obama : 1 Osama : 0" etc etc. I also saw someone saying that he is glad Osama got shot in the face and his wife in heaven who died on September 11th will be smiling.

DOES NO ONE SEE THE HYPOCRISY HERE?!

Americans always get so angry about Afghans or Iraqis, or any other people when they celebrate the death of American soldiers and burn American flags. The American Army has caused wayyyyyy more civilian deaths than 9/11. They are celebrating the death or a man when they get annoyed when others celebrate the death of their men... yet Americans would say they are better than Iraqis; that they are the heroes of the war on terror.

I'm ashamed of all who have been celebrating. It is a good thing yes, but to take to the streets and simply mirror the actions of those in the middle-east that you are against? Are you stupid? I thought America was supposed to be 'the better man,' 'the heroes' ... seems I was mistaken.

Also as if the celebrations are just taunting Al Qaeda now. I hope you realise that these celebrations are simply going to anger the terrorists even more and potentially cause HUGE backlashes.

Frankly the better way for all this to go down would have been this:

Capture Bin Laden and place him on trial for crimes against humanity. Next commit him to solitary confinement for the rest of his life.
This way, America would have taken the moral high ground. It would have been a fantastic event to try and polish the very tarnished opinions of America. Perhaps many would have realised that they are not just blood thirsty thugs who come to your country and bomb your towns and cities.

Instead, it seems he had to be shot, and many American people have celebrated and simply showed how blood-thirsty and sick for revenge you really are.

Don't get me wrong, I realise that many in America have lost loved ones to the war on terror, but this blood-thirsty attitude is pure hypocrisy.

Sorry for ranting on, but I'm rather annoyed at all this. The Americans are just going to make their situation worse.

Last but not least, don't come crying when your people are bombed to smithereens.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I do know what you mean. The mass of ATS is being herded like sheep just like how they've always referred to 'sheeple' (who are people by the way, just like you and me, our brothers and sisters) as being herded. ATS is the other side of the 'sheeple' proverbial coin.

To glorify someone's death, even if it being the figurehead of the Taliban, is preposterous. We are all brothers and sisters and this event is going to divide everyone further.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

I totally agree with you, how can we completely trust and believe whatever we see and hear. Even though we see the proof before our eyes we know that anything can be fabricated.

Thx

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I believe some people are 'celebrating', but I also believe the media are hyping it up to make it appear as if the whole nation is celebrating.

We aren't.

We have questions, we dont buy it, we are appalled at ANYONE celebrating someone's death. That is the respnse from everyone I talked to today. But not one person has yelled "USA! USA!"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What I see is Obama getting exactly what he wanted...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i guess they are partying because they think its job done,it just reminded me of watching the muslims cheer the deaths of us soldiers since the two groups are so similiar to each other i cant figure out why they cant all just get along because they have so much in common

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I believe some people are 'celebrating', but I also believe the media are hyping it up to make it appear as if the whole nation is celebrating.

We aren't.

We have questions, we dont buy it, we are appalled at ANYONE celebrating someone's death. That is the respnse from everyone I talked to today. But not one person has yelled "USA! USA!"

Yeah I knew most people weren't celebrating. But the problem is the average joe in the middle-east will only see a load of Americans jumping and shouting with banners celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden. Those that are already on the brink of extremism, this may just tip them over the edge.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Forgive me for rejoicing the demise of a man who murdered thousands of innocent people all over the world in the name of religion.

I find something like that to be an infinitely larger hypocrisy.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
and it feels so goooooooooood

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Trust me...the little diddy you just laid out is certainly not over my head. I definitely realize the utter hypocrisy. Kudos to you for having the guts (and I mean that) to say something about it.

I already know the rebuttals you will hear, but any which way someone wants to spin it, in the end, it all boils down to we are all fighting for the same cause but are on different sides. That cause is justice. Its just that neither side can see that their brand of justice is not justice at all and only perpetuates violence. That goes for Americans and Islamic extremists.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The news will never show all those sitting in their homes feeling the weight of what has been happening in our world. We are boring to say the least.
edit on 2-5-2011 by 2gd2btru because: Shortened sentence.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

I agree totally. So many ATSers here say that they believe that the American Government caused 9/11 but from the sounds of the celebrations here lately it would seem they believe in something else. Frankly I am a little disgusted with it all. IMHO of course!

I'm waiting to see what happens next because its all getting pretty crazy lately.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Last but not least, don't come crying when your people are bombed to smithereens.

Make sure you don't either!

You can say what you want, it's not hypocritical.

"Ding Dong the dude is dead"! lol!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz

Yeah I knew most people weren't celebrating. But the problem is the average joe in the middle-east will only see a load of Americans jumping and shouting with banners celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden. Those that are already on the brink of extremism, this may just tip them over the edge.

JUST like how the US media broadcasts a clip of unidentified muslim men yelling hysterically and burning a flag and tells us it's "All muslims'.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2gd2btru
The news will never show all those sitting in their homes feeling the weight of what has been happening in our world. We are boring to say the least.
edit on 2-5-2011 by 2gd2btru because: Shortened sentence.

Exactly. They arent seeking out the more tempered responses form people.

I'd say most Americans I know dont even buy the official 9-11 story, and yet not ONE person interviewed in relation to this 'death' has brought up that point.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

I find myself to an extreme at this moment in my life. Never before have I had such a desire to renounce the current system of hate, greed, and destruction which is absorbing each precious soul it can reach and devour within our current world climate. Honestly think about this, are we, as Americans (for those from US), any better than the purest form of evil today? We literally celebrated death, death without indictment or due process. While being involved with operations that killed a head of state's son and three grandchildren. No matter what the reasoning.

We've been spiraling down a rabbit hole for sometime now, and I see a rope reaching out within the distance. Unfortunately not everyone is there just yet, but our numbers grow in strength, as more see through the lies and corruption. Reminds me of this recent thread which contains an excellent video, The Revolution has Begun!. That is why I am increasingly becoming more open with my message to others. Everyone has the capacity to love, and if they don't have that avenue just yet, they yearn for it. Yet violence is practiced in the light of day while love is practiced in the darkness of our homes. No longer I say! Please take your message and let it be known, as long as it is carefully thought out from the heart, your words will resonate with those around you. Reread Martin Luther King, Jr's quote and you have my answer OP, thank you for this thread.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Exactly. They arent seeking out the more tempered responses form people.

I'd say most Americans I know dont even buy the official 9-11 story, and yet not ONE person interviewed in relation to this 'death' has brought up that point.

JUST like how the US media broadcasts a clip of unidentified muslim men yelling hysterically and burning a flag and tells us it's "All muslims'.

It just goes to show you how powerful the mainstream media really is. It's such a shame because they could really make a difference in shaping a better future for us all... but sadly war and suffering make for better ratings than cute cats in hats...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree. OBL murdered nearly 3,000 INNOCENT and unsuspecting civilians. Pop on over to the 911 forums and watch the people jumping from the burning towers, then tell me you are disgusted.

Justice was served. OBL got off easy, died too humanely IMO. You are naive to think we'd not face same repercussions if he was tried in court and served life. They'd still be looking for revenge, so be it.

This is vindication for America. This is justice, period. We took out one guy and his cronies, we didn't nuke a whole country.

New York Firefighters who lost several of their own learn the news:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e90b6bae016.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Agree: To have a public trial means the govt has to produce evidence and prove its case . After years of slowly unfolding the mess that is 911 does anyone really think they can go there? Of course he will never see trial.

He is our "Goldstein". we are to "hate". and while screaming our blind hate we can't reason and question.I hate mob mentality whether its "usa;usa";or "yes we can;yes we can". There's never any room for thought, behind it just chanting.Life is never that black and white( clear and simple").We are not always good they are not always bad.
Sorry; I don't blame Iraqis for trying to remove our forces from their neighborhoods.

Even if dancing on Osama's grave feels good do you( anyone) really think we are going to fold up our security apparatus and go back to pre 911 days?? Personally I don't.

If he's dead Who knows when he died or how?and does it matter? the effect has been the imposition of a "security state" we are not to question 'less we find ourselves diametrically opposed to those entrusted with the law and the guns.
edit on 2-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I respectfully disagree. OBL murdered nearly 3,000 INNOCENT and unsuspecting civilians. Pop on over to the 911 forums and watch the people jumping from the burning towers, then tell me you are disgusted.

Justice was served. OBL got off easy, died too humanely IMO. You are naive to think we'd not face same repercussions if he was tried in court and served life. They'd still be looking for revenge, so be it.

This is vindication for America. This is justice, period. We took out one guy and his cronies, we didn't nuke a whole country.

New York Firefighters who lost several of their own learn the news:

edit on 2-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Hmm ok answer me this... so where is the justice for the thousands of familys all over Afghanistan and Iraq who have had family members killed from collateral damage from US bombings? They are perfectly normal human beings just like the ones who died in the 9/11 attacks.

I never said America wouldn't see the same reprecussions; however perhaps it would make many people in the middle-east thinking of joining the 'terrorists' have second thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join