It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

How is it that Arabs rebelling against their dictators is encouraged by this administration, but college students having a party get attacked by riot police?

This bears repeating, it's the best point I have heard this week

I would head back to the drawing board then....
How is an issue in a community in the State of Illinois anywhere near the authority of the President of the United States?

Ahh I get it..
The President only jumps in to help the citizens of other countries..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

LOL... Again, I ask what the legal definition of a riot is. When you figure that out, then come back and try to make your legal argument.

Until then, learn the law before you attempt to make an argument using it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What's the matter, you were never cool enough to get invited to any frat/block parties back in the day? This is pretty damn tame, we were lucky to have a run of a local farm for our parties, the cops wouldn't DARE try to bust em up. The good old days, all was fine as long as we didn't burn down the barn and we cleaned up the mess....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Dude let me explain something to you, the PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE.

That's right, to assemble, that you would prefer it to be in groups of no more than three little old ladies on park benches with walkers, is just absurd.

It looks like a college block party, an anual rite of passage, a tradition held year after year, in houses that are still there, where no one gets killed, and the only ones who evidently get seriously hurt are at the hands of the police who are afraid of any situation that they can't control.

Here is a news flash, the people don't want your control.

If we need you we wil call you!

What's that number again 3-1-1?

You can tell I call it a lot huh?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hell to the motha friggin yeah - this didn't look that big or crazy compared to a couple I've been to...seemed a little bit light on the headcount.

Michigan State knew how to party back in the day. Haven't been up there in years though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 2-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

LOL... Again, I ask what the legal definition of a riot is. When you figure that out, then come back and try to make your legal argument.

Until then, learn the law before you attempt to make an argument using it.

Oh that's Easy

Weebsters Dictionary

Riot, epitomology 3rd Century Rome:

1. Most common definition Xcathdra's posts on ATS

Blaacks Law Legal Dictionary,

Riot,

1. Most common definition Xcathdra's posts on ATS!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

awwww!!!!

"work within the system to change it"

why vote when my vote doesn't count
or gets changed by the voting machine.
why become politically active when that just paints a target on you

suuuurrre play by your rules in a game that's rigged

by getting off my butt and getting active do you mean like this:

fbi-entrapment-targeting-innocent www.grandestrategy.com...

Yusuf Sneed, a Caucasian Muslim convert to Islam and one of those who resisted this entrapment, writes in his blog about how he was given money, computer, free broadband internet and other facilities by FBI Agent Adam Morales. He was then pressurized to print extremist material and watch videos that he then refused. Other unfortunates who printed these materials are now being treated as terrorists.

as an anarchist i don't give a flying f for government or politics or politicians or their minions

you sound just like the principal at grade school when after three months of following your "advice" i went and knocked 3 teeth out of a bully's mouth; bottom line that bully never messed with me again nor did anybody else think that just cause i preferred the library to the gym or the hoops that i was some sort of pushover.

Memo to the Victims: You Yourselves Will Pay for the Crimes of the Ruling Class

Focus on the critical sentence: "Yet, when a victim explodes or acts out in unacceptable ways, these same officials are shocked and indignant."

What exactly are these "unacceptable ways" of exploding or acting out? Who decided they were "unacceptable"? Why is it that "reluctant school officials" will not "take definitive action" against the bullies -- thus tacitly conceding that the bullying itself is not all that "unacceptable" -- while the same officials are "shocked and indignant" when the victim protests too strongly?

This pattern, and certain of its origins, will be found throughout history, in every culture around the world. The pattern is a simple and deadly one: the oppressor -- that is, those who are in the superior position, whether they are parents, school officials, or the government, or in a superior position merely by virtue of physical strength -- may inflict bodily harm and/or grievous, lifelong emotional and psychological injury, but the victim may only protest within the limits set by the oppressor himself. The oppressor will determine those forms of protest by the victim that are "acceptable."

You see this pattern with regard to many helpless, lonely children in addition to Billy Wolfe...
The oppressor may inflict unimaginable cruelties on innocent victims -- but the victims may only protest in ways which the oppressor deems "acceptable." The profound injustice is obvious, but not in itself remarkable or unexpected: this is how oppression operates. But ask yourself about the deeper reason for the prohibition. This is of the greatest importance: the victims may only protest within a constricted range of "permissible" behavior because, when they exceed the prescribed limits, they make the oppressors too uncomfortable. They force the oppressors to confront the nature of what they, the oppressors, have done in ways that the oppressors do not choose to face.

Take some time to appreciate the unfathomable cruelty of this pattern. You may be grievously harmed and even permanently damaged by the actions of those who hold unanswerable power -- but you may only speak about this evil and its effects within the very narrow limits set by those who would destroy you. If you are killed, the identical prohibitions apply to those who still manage to survive and who would protest the unforgivable crime committed against you. In this manner, the complacency and comfort of those who possess immense power and wealth are underwritten by the silence forced upon their victims. The victims may speak and even protest, but only within severely circumscribed limits, and only so long as their rulers are not made to feel too uncomfortable, or too guilty. Anything which approaches too close to the truth is strictly forbidden.

save that BS for the brain-damaged

trust me
you do not want to see me become "active"

ps nice try

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
riots =riot police
new toys or not.
I miss block parties
those were the days.
It'll be banned next year IMO

Well I'm so fed up with everyone's apathy. This is not something where we say, well, it'll be banned next year. This, along with a mind boggling insane list of never ending thing that are beyond understanding and acceptance, along with the 40 000 children dying each day from the starvation of a Corrupt Pyramid system, should mean we gladly, with honor and real anger, ALL everyone, stand up, don't go work and really in majority crowds, dare them to test their new weapons out, and refuse to ever ever ever ever, even if they let lose back down, because this is for freedom and we don't leave until all the bloodlines, the royal families, bankers, paramilitary, black ops, and dumbs are GONE.. Period.

Since people are so passive the other thing to do is to get groups, by the millions meditating around the world for this wake up, for this awareness, for this general strike, and for these changes, and for daily opportunities to come that will lead us to this, to new skills and new abilities to say No, ie. phone calls, letters, emails and meeting in the town square with many others.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

...snip.... im to lazy to vote so ill just make excuses as to why I shouldnt vote.......

Go wine to someone else about how you dont think the system works.

link   
crazy its like a full out assault on your rights and freedoms

where do they get these nazi cops

they brainwashing them or what? who goes out a terrorizes a bunch of kids...

epic catch OP ty FnS

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You know what, there is an angle that might really get some college and HS kids involved. We need to start spreading the news to the REAL party towns, that partying is now considered rioting and illegal. Then watch some real protests take place.
edit on Mon, 02 May 2011 22:02:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

As I said in toher threads.. When you 3 learn how our system here works, then you can partake in these debates and not sound like a complete uneducated person on the topic.

When I asked if you knew what the definition of a riot was, I was not refering to the dictionary. If you were familiar with our system you would know this.

Assembly of 3 or more people who engage in activity that incites others.

With the amount you guys defend Hamas killing a 16year old, I would think you would not the difference.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Why don't you try to stick to one topic at a time, it makes you look kind of silly to be bringing up other topics like that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Or are a few of you going to continue to gloos over the videos im posting because it doesnt support your side of the argument?

And the videos didnt come from any police sources.. They came from the students..

Drunk students, fires, bottles being thrown, people fighting.

Police arrive and REFUSE to disperse, as you can clearly here in 2 of the videos...

You guys dont get it... The number of students outnumbered the cops.. You are being told to disperse, you disperse. Its not like there was no warnings as to what was going to occur if they did not disperse.

When its 35 cops vs a few hundered drunk people,m there is not much room for negotiation..

its simple

disperse as told or go to jail.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Those videos are fantasic! Thanks for posting them. That said, this block party is a yearly event. It's known that college kids get drunk/high and do stupid things. They burned a bike, trash, and I think a Stop sign

Yes, the police can look at all these drunk students and feel they are a threat but doesn't marching down the street in riot gear only ask for trouble? I think it certainly does and once they began to march the beer bottles were thrown. Now, I'm not defending the bottles being thrown at the officers but again, I understand why they are being thrown. You can argue either point till the sun comes up, which very well may happen, but at the end of the day you gotta ask yourself, was all this police, riot gear, mace, SOUND Weapon Tech really needed for a annual college block party?
edit on 2-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I just now called my old landlord from WIU when I lived at 318 Wheeler. He owns 8 houses on that block alone. He says there was no damage to any of his houses from the block party. The mess was cleaned up the next morning by students who live on the block and a couple "student activity groups from campus" that clean up the area every year helping the students who live there. He's says all the trouble started after the "riot police" formed up, including the small fire shown in the videos. Riot police were not from local agencies of which there are 4 in Macomb(state police HQ, Macomb city, McDonnough county-Macomb is county seat, and OPS-campus police) I majored in Law Enforcemnet at WIU for 2 yrs before changing my major. WIU is know for it's Law Enforcement program and maybe 1/3 of all men at WIU go on to be cops and I'm sure there were several hundred future police officers at the block party. Several guys I went to college with are on the Macomb police force.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The 3 or more thing is actually "attempting to incite a riot"...the riot comes later
But - this was not a riot...you maybe could have charged the idiot with the stop sign with the attempting and made it stick but you don't need a whole squad of the areas finest to do that...
Wonder how much tax money was wasted here...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Care to explain how a local matter for a community in the State of Illinois is anywhnere near the authority of the PResident of the United States to be involved?

He didn't seem to have a problem with that when it involved a friend of his:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac439b1bdb06.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d923528f130a.jpg[/atsimg]

Typical attitude among left-wingers. Civil rights only matter when they are yours.

As far as your earlier statement asking why, since I was an "expert," what the police did was wrong, I'll say this: did you even listen to the student who was being interviewed on Skype? He said those pigs were macing people sitting on their own porches, and attempting to force them out of their homes so they would make better targets. That is a clear violation of the 4th Amendment.

Do you not believe him? Didn't you know that it's racist to call a black man a liar?

As far as "excessive force" goes, I don't have to be an expert to see that attacking unarmed, peaceful kids - who weren't protesting a thing btw - with LRADS, Mace, and nightsticks is WRONG! Are you defending their actions?

ETA: If LEOs on ATS are slow, or refuse to respond, then they are cowards. And YES it matters what they say. I have NOTHING against an officer doing their job PROPERLY. I just wonder if any have the balls to say what these PIGS did was out of line.
edit on 5/2/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This is what I am talking about.. Exactly where do these students get the gumption to think their behavior is acceptable? Not all of the houses are student housing, and not all of the students attended the party.

The party got out of control, the police arrived, and it continued to go down hill..

Its irrelevant if they have had the party one year prior, or 200 years prior. Its not an excuse to act in the manner they did.

Also, your "rights" only go as far until they start to interfere with the rights of others. Namely the people who arent students who had their peace disturbed, the blocking of the roads, the debris, thrown items etc etc etc.

The bahavior is not acceptable. The collge students are adults, and should act like one.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Obviously it's SS Amerika in action, 'cos no students have ever had riot police called out to unruly annual parties anywhere else in the world.....

www.stuff.co.nz...

oops.....
edit on 2-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join