It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

my father told me bout kent state and the chiago riots when i was 10 years old. even though i have no smyptahny for drunk college kids when the cops come bust them up. but this looks like the cops were responding to a full scale uprising. and again i will say it. dont care if i get sniped or censored # THE PIGS # THE PIGS # THE PIGS # THE PIGS

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is just more proof, that it is never a good idea to go into the woods, and poke sticks at the bear.

The cops may have taken it too far, but the drunken idiots were taunting them.

The drunken idiots did not have to taunt them, but they chose to.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I grew up on Wheeler street... IN Philly, our block parties were the #!!!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Please.. you werent there so dont even try to push this BS. All agencies have plans in place to deal with incidents like this, regardless of the size of the agency. And I can say with certainty that any town that has a college located in it, has these plans down to the detail as to what to do.

The students got out of hand. The students went to far this year. The students refused to disperse.

The students who refused actred irresponsibly.

Trying to blame the police for the students actions is a joke and holds no water.

Whats next? Blame HAARP?

With all due respect, not that you deserve any, when was the last time SWAT was called in to disperse college frat parties or block parties? There is a place and time for SWAT, such as rescue hostages from a terrorist act, stop large scale demonstrations that turn violent such as bilderberg or world trade organisation meetings, back up for fbi/atf operations on drug lords/gangs/mafia , etc.

To make matters worse it seems the whole incident was premeditated and an excuse to try out new weapons/gear for future tyranical events. Calling in so many police units is comparable to shooting an assaillant with a bazooka rather than a handgun. Totally unnecessary and excessive!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
This is just more proof, that it is never a good idea to go into the woods, and poke sticks at the bear.

The cops may have taken it too far, but the drunken idiots were taunting them.

The drunken idiots did not have to taunt them, but they chose to.

'them' did not need to be there. Leave us alone

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This is just the training sessions going on now, practicing on college kids cutting loose....

Sadly, you are probably right.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I want to weight in on IL cops being ready to act against college students, in general. I lived near Illinois State in Normal for a few years and when a Phish concert played at the arena at ISU the cops gathered around the outside in full riot gear with shields and tear gas and cop cars blocking off exits before the students and concert goers even had a chance to leave the building. When they got out and saw the cops some people flipped out and tried to get away. The resulting panic created a mini-riot that included a few windows being broken.

My ex went to Western for college and never experienced any major crime there or any rioting. Macomb is a tiny town. When you drive in on the highway the first thing you are greeted with is a tractor/combine store. It blows my mind that this happened there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Heres an idea.. Dont get drunk and break the law... Easy as that.

Also, it doesnt matter if it happens every year or not. Dont break the law..

and aside from fearmongering and trying to draw a paralell that does not exist, what the hell does kent state have to do with unfderage drinking and breaking the law by rioting?
edit on 2-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Just how many rioters did you see? maybe the two kids putting the bike on the stop sign, deal with them accordingly not tear gass and use riot police. Open your eyes to your civil rights, i 100% am sure you wouldn't have felt the same if you were there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

That's beside the point.

I am not saying the cops were right, but the drunken idiots did taunt them.

If the bear comes into your back yard, it is still not a good idea to poke sticks at it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
No lawsuits after this? No one crying out trying to alert the nation as to what happened? In the following days to come, I expect several more of these incidents to occur. It does come off as training, but objectively we cannot truly determine what was going on. If all of those college students were acting belligerent, it would definitely warrant the attention of some officers. Not sure what the ratio of officers to students was, but it definitely seemed like overkill.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon

I grew up on Wheeler street... IN Philly, our block parties were the #!!!!!

i lived in providence right smack dag in the middle of providence college and # use to get insane when they had parites. never one time did the cops call out the big boys with the big toys. also keep in mind its a small town and even though that college may be keeping the town alive. the locals may not want them there. and them the police state gose "hey we can try out are new toys in the feild and not on human test subjects in the lab. even if these kids asked for it a swat team is not nessary to keep these kids in check

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

That's beside the point.

I am not saying the cops were right, but the drunken idiots did taunt them.

If the bear comes into your back yard, it is still not a good idea to poke sticks at it.

Not if you believe you can own that bear. Besides my believes, I get you point 100%.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I do ILLEGAL/semillegal technoparties for over 15 years in CZ and Europe. I learned (and it is working in 99%) that talking to police, doing some diplomacy, is best way to avoid the conflict. In fact most totally illegal parties in Europe end without police action and with minimal fallout for EVERY party of conflict. Techno scene is in its base very political - we are demonstrating by our parties that we are very unhappy with privatisation of common field/space (street party phenomenon is very illustrative here).
In 2005 decided our brave interior ministry Bublan (former dissident!) to crack down our annual party and it turned to regular battle. Many people were injured, lot of property destroyed (police do not clean up there # after action - we do) and few tens of millions of CZK (millions of $) were wasted on the police side. The government started to be unstable after this stupid crackdown. At this special occassion the "legality" of the party is still undecided - we tried our best to do it in line with law but if you are selected for execution by authorities, you have minimal chance.
You can imagine that real technoparty is something totally different from college kids burning chair/bike/stop signs!
From long time perspective it is better to left the fire burn out then to put more fuel on it. Legality is not legitimacy. I know, LEOs are in difficult situation here, they are bound by law, but law is often against common sense.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
4. statitics have shown that a human being is more likely to be robbed by a cop than a criminal (ridiculous speeding tickets) 60 in a 55 type stuff. and then many of them go out and DO THE SAME THING OFF DUTY.

I have seen township police in NJ drive really slow on the left lane of 2 by 2 traffic lanes, just so a victim car on the right which technically should be gooing slower, gets pulled over and ticketed. If that is not despicable dishonesty and contempt of law...then I don't know what is.

7. I've seen cops steal money from suspects, snort lines, shoot steroids, drink confiscated alcohol, laugh at parents of murdered kids, lie under oath, the legendary "blue line" even existing breeds corruption.

Planting drugs and weapons in someone's car only to have them arrested when the owner shows up and use the fabricated evidence for leverage in some other unrelated case? "Either you cooperate with our investigation or your gonna be booked on illegal possession of x,y,z with a minimum of 12 months incarceration if convicted".

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I guess it's a good thing that I'm not super wealthy. Because if I were, I'd contract a group of special ops MERCS to come in next year and protect the rights of the students against the jack booted thugs. Could you imagine SWAT showing up to conduct the annual riot control only to be confronted with highly trained MERC squad who has a real bad dispostion and hatered for those who prey on the un armed....WOW hello Expendables..Man why can't rich people do the right things in the right cases...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Wait what?

Wait, wait WHAT?!

That is NOT a riot.

Not even close!!!

I was throwning keggers for the seniors as a freshman in high school. Loosely organizing a party of several hundred was no problem. Cops were cool back then (mostly
) , and common sense wasn't yet dead. You could party and not have much worries (most times
).

Then came my raver days starting the next year. These kats losely organized parties ranging from several hundreds, to tens of thousands. A lot of it was just winged as we went. Very few hickups for what went down.

These aren't riots. You've lost faith in your fellow man and woman. That's the difference between us two. I've lost faith in the government, and you've lost it in the people. Shame on you!
edit on 3-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodredux
Kent State? Please. Get over yourselves. No one was even seriously injured. Looked to me like a bunch of hooligans burning stuff, littering and refusing to obey the direct orders of law enforcement officers. You weren't protesting any wars or doing anything noble. Just being jackasses. Drunken, unruly jackasses. If this were China, you punks would be red goo lubing the treads of some big army tank.Want to impress me, come down here where the floods are and help your fellow Americans by volunteering. The police officers who had to waste their time dealing with your shenanigans could have been better put to use trying to save the lives and property of flood victims, or preventing serious crimes in your own community. When you grow up, you'll realize what a waste of community resources -- and tuition -- this whole debacle was.

I thought FEMA and State National Guards were designed for that purpose? To prevent looting in disaster afflicted areas and to help restore the community by watching the back of the Army Corps of Engineers?

I don't think I am wrong in my "guesswork" but the response to hurricane katrina, 9-11 in nyc and washington dc, the BP oil rig disaster in the gulf of mexico.....leaves A LOT to be desired from our federal government. The state govermments are NOT all that good either...perhaps with a few exceptions here and there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos

Originally posted by OldCorp

Over MY DEAD BODY (and the bodies of as many that try to take them as I can take with me. Trust me, I'm an EXCELLENT marksman.)

If the cops come to take your gun they are coming to take your gun. So yes, standing over YOUR DEAD BODY, they will take your gun. Not only will they take your gun but they will take the rest of your property for giving them a hard time to begin with. They are not going to show up asking nicely for your gun. They are going to show up 30 deep ready to take your gun.

I guess my point is this. If they want to take your gun they will. I have never known ANYONE who kept their gun after ATF showed up. Can you name a person in America who kept their gun after the authorities showed up to take their gun?

The second amendment to the constitution exists for a reason, so first they would have to subvert it somehow or more likely they will go the indirect route of making ammo very expensive, being very stringent who can and who can't legally own gun(s), how many and what type, increase taxation and registration fees, increase waiting times, etc.

If they choose the UK avenue it will be the waterloo of the american government. Americans per person have more guns than any other nation on this earth. Then add the "silent" militias ITCHING for a reason to attack authority and not to mention most if not all of the military will support the militias and tyranny will be dealt the final blow.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i was in macomb for the block party. this video is kinda bogus really. when i was there what i saw was a bunch of non western students trashing the neighborhood. the police had every right to come and do as they did. and as far as them trying to get students to come out of the homes thats a damn lie. these non students really imo should not have been there at all. residents in the area called the police to break up the damn vandalism that was going on in there neighbor hoods. the police didnt break out the riot gear until they got hit with beer bottles. normally i dont care for the police but in this situation i believe they were in the right.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unbanable123

Nice of you to join today to add your unsubstantiated 2 cents.

All of those videos posted by Xcathdra prove just one thing -- that this was an exercise to test out all of that anti riot gear that HS has paid for in every small town in Amerika.

Now as they become expert at using that stuff you all should be prepared to see it hauled out for any and every little excuse.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join