It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Obama photoshop?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Looking at the pictures on different sites I came across the NY Daily News. Look at Obama and look at the rest of the people!

NYDailyNews

Everyone else looks normal to me except Obama, am I wrong here? It instantly looked off.....If it is, then why continue with this photoshop Crap? What do you guys think?

Still looking and still not sure, if im wrong then he really is funny looking....

sorry mods if wrong forum
edit on 2-5-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

Still looking and still not sure, if im wrong then he really is funny looking....

It's the ears, man, the ears!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I just saw this photo on a aus news site too. This is really funny but also very troublesome at the same time.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In my opinion I don't believe Obama looks photoshopped. What makes you think/say that?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

He definitely looks out of place. I am not totally sure what it is but he does not fit in that picture at all. I think he looks darker than everyone else.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Glad to know we're not going crazy.

His head seems smaller, shoulders broader, it just isnt going together for me, like he doesnt belong....

My thing is, if that photo was fixed, is WHY continue doing this? Is it a smack right in our face AGAIN?! I mean honestly all of this is getting pretty ridiculous imo.

And yes notsofunnyguy, it's the ears!!!

edit on 2-5-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
such a propaganda picture, it was pre thought i feel they are all posing computers turned off so we cant see whta they were looking at probably solitaire, guy with his hands folded then the 2 either side looking all nervous like they arent sure how to stand or pose, obama in regurlar clothes like hes a hip president that was called in from his night out with his family at the movies, hilary the coldest one of them all with a worried look on her face (whatever) and buddy on his computer doing some tweets,

just my opinion i could be wrong, i did study propaganda and this pic doesnt sit right.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

it looks like he's sitting at the Kiddie table.
all of those security advisors ... and Obama can't have the big comfy chair. "Here Mr President, sit on this footstool"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
His head looks smaller (relatively) than everyone else's.
I don't know how tall Biden is but he looks shorter than Joe here despite the posture.

After some more looking you are right!
Study the depth of field - what's in and out of focus.
Maybe he wasn't inserted but somebody was!
(Since Obama is further away from the camera his head should be more out of focus than the general at the end of the table).
edit on 2-5-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Glad to know we're not going crazy.

His head seems smaller, shoulders broader, it just isnt going together for me, like he doesnt belong....

Nahhhhh. I am not seeing any of that.
He just looks darker.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I don't know how tall Biden is but he looks shorter than Joe here despite the posture.
(Since Obama is further away from the camera his head should be more out of focus than the general at the end of the table)

Obviously this edit causes his head to look even more smaller, but judging height would be very difficult since it looks like he is leaning forward, with his hands on his knees.

Another obvious- The entire image lost some detail since I enlarged it, but to me, all 3 faces appear to be the same focus. I don't think Obama's head is any more or less focused.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d645b410b6b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of that sesame street song, "which one of these doesnt belong"?
Seriously, most men in this shot have a light reflection on the top left side of their foreheads, Obama has a shadow on that part of his head. Differing light source.
edit on 2-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2011 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses guys.

Last night I figured long day, I had waaaayyy too much of Obama and Osama for one day, MAYBE my eyes were fooling me. Had a good night sleep, now im back and take a fresh look at the photo again, Obama still looks off to me! I cant ignore this photo because it just ties in with all the other b.s going on, all the other fakery and fabricated nonsense and im still thinking WHYYYYYY

edit on 3-5-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So you want to know why he stands out and looks so much different than everyone else in the room? I'll give you a little analysis:

If you were in that room, watching live footage of that raid, how would you be sitting? What would you be thinking and feeling and how would it be relayed on your face????

Notice now that Obama is the ONLY one in that room who is leaning forward towards the monitor which is supposedly out of site? In fact, about half or more of the men in that room are sitting or standing with thier arms folding across theirs chests, sitting or leaning BACK....slouched. Is that really how you would compose yourself in that situation?? Heck...I am more engaged in a scary movie than those people are in what they are watching....supposedly the most intense take-down ever captured on video.

THAT is why he looks different. It is because he is the ONLY one in the room that looks like he might be watching something dramatic. Oh, Hillary seems to be having some sort of emotional response, but still, look a the rest of her body language. Her other arr/hand relaxed, her shoulders/back relaxed. Look at the standing people at the back of the room. That one guy has a GRIN on his relaxed face. That silly short woman looks like she is trying to see around the crowd at someone blowing out thier birthday candles.

No....there is definately something wrong with this photo. A lot of bad actors. At least we know Obama is a decent actor, right???? Isn't that a requirement nowadays for a US President???

edit on 3-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Photoshopped? Not seeing any indication. Bad actors? Really? How you suppose to determine that from a sinle still shot? Should they all be clued to to the monitor fighting for a better view while drewling with bloodlust eyes??? I see 0 indication of fakery on this. Btw, Obamas face might be bit blurred. Just a little. The depth of focus starts to go off around him. Look at the stuff that is behind him and it's obvious.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't think it's a photoshop job, let me address some of the questions posed thusfar:

1. Reactions. Everyone reacts differently to traumatic events. It's really hard to judge the veracity of the photo on that basis. We don't even know exactly what is happening on the screen. This could be any point in the op, from gate crashing to inspecting the corpse(s).
I would venture to guess (being too lazy to research, that is) that many of those people have sat in on live ops before, and having done so would 'steel their nerves' so to speak.

2. Lighting. Pres.Obama's right side is against the wall. You can see on the wall there is a directed lightsource running down the wall. This is going to change the lighting on him compared to others in different positions, especially those standing who are closer to overhead lighting. Wiki has a good picture of the lighting scheme of the room:

Sit. Room Lighting

3. Height/Position. This was my first question as well. If photoshopped, it was done with no strange pixels left over, no incongruities to see. But why have him low in the corner? Also, I saw the back of a chair behind him. Why is there a kiddie chair in the Situation Room? So in researching the room, wikicommons had the answer:

Low Chairs

I imagine the low chairs are for aides and the like, who are positioned lower/out of the line of sight of the people directly involved in the briefing. (Most likely to minimize distractions). Since this was clearly not a normal/formal meeting, Pres. Obama probably grabbed the low chair so he could sit right next to the uniformed IT/Comm guy, and see his screen up close at some point. The big armed chair would have been awkward in the corner, and the President wouldn't have had as good a view of the screen.

Sometimes a picture is just a picture. While much of what they give us is lies, not everything is.

edit on 3-5-2011 by blamethegreys because: strange leftover words from my draft

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn[/
This picture was shown on msnbs all day yesterday,and bammy wasn't in it.Why is he being in it today?.
The other thing i noticed was the wood paneling doesn't really match, the hight is different on the left wall as to the wall behind him.

top topics

join