It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where we now stand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not to much surprise today, the news was dominated by Bin Laden’s death. While there certainly remains a lot to be debated about this case, I found it interesting to see the passionate reactions of my friends, family, and co-workers.

I often forget that we live in a rather different world than most of public. When this story first broke last night, we (ATS) immediately questioned its authenticity, and the threads were buzzing:

“Hasn’t he been dead for a long time?” “Why wasn’t he taken alive?” “Did we get any information?” “Why was his body dumped at sea?” “Was there any physical visual evidence that any of this took place yesterday?” These were but a few of several questions that have been raised.

Most of us can only guess at these answers, but the point is, we questioned what was fed to us. Because what I observed today made me realize that most of the public does NOT question what they hear, and that we still have a long way to go.

Today was probably a tough day to watch, to see people on the news and people we know blindly rejoicing. It was a cold reminder that we are, unfortunately, still in the minority.
But at least it paints a clearer picture of where we are and what we must do to get everyone thinking for themselves.

The best thing we can do is to try to enlighten the people we know. When you are in conversation with them, whatever the topic, just try to add a question or two to peak their curiosity. For example, today, you might could add to the office chatter: “Don’t you think it’s odd that they buried the body at sea so quickly?” And just leave it at that. They probably won’t think anything of it, BUT, on the other hand, it just might get them to start thinking for themselves and lead to them questioning other things. Also, do not try to educate them or give them your version of the “truth”. This will only make you come off as a nut and can easily offend someone, and besides how is your truth any more valid than theirs? Remember, the goal is to get people thinking. I’m sure most of us can recall that first moment when our eyes were opened. If this can happen for the rest of the population, then the sky is the limit.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Most of the Sheeple have had their eyesees pecked out long ago.
Not much chance of their eyes being opened.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
s&f from me! I unfortunately had to witness my grandmother in such happiness of the current events. It really honestly saddens me to see these sheep led to the cliff edge!

link   
First question: Can I have my civil rights back now?
Second Question: Can we leave Afghanistan now?
Third Question: How stupid do they really think we are? Dumping the body at sea? OMFG Who in their right mind would actually believe a damn thing they say?

link   
star and flag for you, a very good point, it was the same in my circle, "bin ladens dead" or" theyve caught him at last", absolutely no questioning that this could be incorrect. Yes there is a long way to go, the trouble is, do we have enough time?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
First question: Can I have my civil rights back now?
Second Question: Can we leave Afghanistan now?
Third Question: How stupid do they really think we are? Dumping the body at sea? OMFG Who in their right mind would actually believe a damn thing they say?

I would say about almost everyone here in the U.S.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The quick disposal of his body is what troubling a lot of people I know, even those of the nonconspiracy mind. It was just too fast. I live in an area with a high Muslim population, and yes the burials are quick, but when there have been accidents, murders, anything other than an old person dying it is not within 24 hours. Furthermore, from what I have been reading it doesn't sound like from the time of his death to his burial was more than a few hours at the most. The question I keep hearing is " so they confirmed it was him, killed him, confirmed it was him again, called a bunch of Muslim countries to see if they would bury him, received no's from every country, prepared him, shipped him off and dumped in the sea.......within a few hours?"

I don't have any real answers at this point. I've been operating under the assumption he's been dead for a while....so IF that was correct there was no need for all the other stuff, and the story could have been made up in a few hours. If I was wrong, and the story is more or less what happened, I doubt they attempted to contact anyone, other than to say he's dead. Regardless of the person, I don't see a point in refusing burial. I know they say they don't want a shrine at his burial spot, but that isn't likely to happen anyway, Muslims don't do burial shrines or anything like that, and if his supporters want to build him a Rocky style statue, they don't need the body to do that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
lmao.......his death changes nothing about our current military conflicts. They have known, by their own admission, they figured and were tracking Pakistan since August or September, have we left Afghanistan or Iraq since then? Nope.....and from what I've seen Israel is conducting military drills in Iraq?! Iran here we go

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In 2003 when Uday and Qusay Hussein were killed by U.S. forces, the U.S. Administration prepared, and photographed the corpses, and released them for all to see as proof. The same was certainly done when Saddam Hussein was captured in a hole in the ground some time later.

However, the man allegedly responsible for the death of thousands of American civilians and soldiers, found and killed no less than ten years after this all started, was not photographed? That unit knew they were going after a HVT, and as a result would have been prepared to document the scene, or at the very least take multiple photographs from different angles of his corpse.

Sensitive Site Exploitation fail, or what? For being considered the best military unit in the world, this team seems to have missed out on that particular detail involving the capture and killing of the HVT of all HVTs. That's all I got.

-In before "developed" photographs of Osama bin Laden's corpse. Too late, now.

top topics

join