It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now official, they will blow up the Birds Point Levee by midnight tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just watching the live conference, they gonna do it.

They're blowing Birds Point Levee between 9 and midnight tonight.

Corps set to break levee near Cairo, Ill.

All appeals have failed :

Meanwhile, the nation's highest court has refused to halt the action. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito issued the ruling Sunday evening, responding to a last-ditch request by Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster for the high court to prevent federal officials from blowing the two-mile hole in the levee.

What's saved :

Activating the floodway would prevent a breach in Cairo, Ill., where historic river levels were threatening the town of 2,800.

What's lost :

Federal officials stressed that changing conditions could avert the destruction of the Birds Point levee and 130,000 acres of farmland.

Koster argues that flooding would leave a layer of silt on the farmland that could take as much as a generation to clear. The floodway - the third largest in the world - is 35 miles long and varies from 4 to 12 miles in width.

130 000 acres of farmland is probably worth billions of $.

Ill., Mo. Battle as Flooding Washes Over Midwest

The Democratic governor had predicted that 135,000 acres and “a couple of towns” would be washed out if the dam were blown up. The corps says only around 100 homes are in the flood’s projected path.

In submissions to Alito, Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster said: “The water will rush over farmland, destroying homes and outbuildings, taking agricultural chemicals, petroleum tanks, diesel fuel and propane tanks stored and in use with it,”

edit on 2-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That flood silt is what gave rise to the fertile Nile river valley. It will destroy current crops but the silt will actually increase the production capacity of the farmland in the long run.

Not advocating for or against, just debunking the disinfo of that one guy about silt.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I remember not long ago, only a few months, dudes coming into ATS and saying we were gonna have record flooding this year, and everybody swearing up and down that it would be no worse than every year....

But here we have it....

Dudes were right.

Where is their cookie?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
That flood silt is what gave rise to the fertile Nile river valley. It will destroy current crops but the silt will actually increase the production capacity of the farmland in the long run.

Not advocating for or against, just debunking the disinfo of that one guy about silt.

Well that's good then. But how long will it actually take to give more fertility to the land? A year? A decade? Any timeline?

Thing is, diesel and all those chemicals are gonna wreck the land.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
when marsh lands flood they get this silt, which makes them a breeding ground for things like moss.

It's good for the soil and natural.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Why would they want to clear out flood silt? That is what makes the soil fertile in the first place. I understand the concern of the land owners; however, homes are more important than land, especially when the land will benefit from the flooding.

Here's a hint to those in the flood plane: MOVE

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well that's good then. But how long will it actually take to give more fertility to the land? A year? A decade? Any timeline?

As soon as the water recedes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I live in St. Louis and have been following this story. We are in the middle of food prices going up because of dollar devaluation and we going to destroy 135,000 acres of farmland??

The town of Cairo, IL is a flood prone city,
Cairo, Ill., Prepares for flooding--again----March 17, 2011

Pretty sure you need to have flood insurance on your home. GEICO can't provide the crops that will be prevented from being grown and sold.

Do you know how many areas will be affected by the loss of that vast farmland?

But wait!!!!! FEMA is having the NLE 2011 right in that area, all this week. They will make sure the Missouri farmers don't have any weapons to defend their property.

FEMA--National Level Event 2011

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Who gives a sh*t about silt, or even basements getting flooded after 130, 000 acres of water is flooded across the New Madrid Fault Line. The US Army Cord which was deployed into Cairo, Ohio yesterday forced it's entire population of 3000 people to evacuate by midnight last night. They reinforced this by going door to door to make sure the town was emptied out. You can read the official newspaper articles here:

Entire town of Cairo, Ill. evacuated by massive flood threat; Ohio River surges after record rains
www.nydailynews.com...
and

Announcement on Birds Point coming at 5 p.m.
www.semissourian.com...

Why is nobody mentioning the US Army has planted explosives over the Madrid Fault line area, and now confirmed, that it will detonating over them by midnight tonight sending out the weight of 130, 000 acres of water across it. Ummm, hi? has everyone fallen asleep? The NWO has now begun it's steps towards inducing the massive New Madrid fault line earthquake that 'quacks' and 'crazies' have been talking about for months. If the explosions today, or the weight of 130, 000 acres of water doesn't set off a quake today you just watch between now and the May 16-20 FEMA National Exercise concerning a New Madrid mega quake and see what happens.

They said it was coming in May, I can't believe it's really real.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I don't understand. They evacuated the town yet they are still going to lay waste to 130,000 acres of land, not to mention all the chemicals, hydrocarbons etc that will be spread about.

This is about the most cockeyed scheme I have ever heard of. I am inclined to think you are right. There is an agenda here.

Edit: but the article says

The breach will flood about 200 acres of prime farm land in Mississippi County,

Who is right?
edit on 2/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The insanity is real. 'They' are inducing an epic disaster to enforce draconian Marshall Law. Debunk this. With science. The drilling. the fracking, the build up of supplies, manpower. If you live anywhere near this area, will you allow yourself to be rounded up, herded like cattle into pens? Endtimes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

well anyone that has ever planted anything in there life knows you need that six or so inches of good top soil to make anything grow if you wash that away or cover it with dirt and debris your not going to grow crap tell you make the bad soil good again and that takes a long time or costs a lot of money, ether way these poor people over there are going to lose. Wow 3rd biggest in the world and there going to blow it. We got anyone from around there that can tell us whats really going on is this the only choice they got or what? I really hate to see people lose everything like this! Yeah and then there is this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-5-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: I suck at typing fast sorry lol

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jrstock

it really is true, and i am actually kinda of shocked this conspiracy stuff is actually all turning out to be true. the world just went to hell in a handbag today.

like seriously people, the US Army is detonating over the Madrid Fault line today by midnight. They are sending out 130, 000 acres of water over the fault line. WE know that is a lot of weight to be sudden flooding over an fault line even FEMA is telling us is unstable. Like What The F*ck lol. Their actually going to begin killing us off starting today.

Bye, bye, 'old earth' this shall be an interesting time indeed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Incredible flooding where I live in upstate NY. Never had anything like it before.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

did you read both articles? the 200 acres is what will be saved around Cairo! by blowing up the Bird Point levee they will be allowing the water it holds back to flood 130, 000. i can't remember the names now but i was reading about multiple detonation levee sites around the Mississippi River/fault line on another page. i will try and find it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

i live in Winnipeg and we haven't even 'crested' yet and the rivers running through the city are up around 45 ft above normal. the Mississippi flows north up to Hudson Bar and on it's way comes through here. normally we should have crested by now, but because the Mississippi River - and those branching off it on its way north - have become so flooded and over capacity that the rivers are actually beginning to stand still and flow back south. this is even being reported by the mainstream media. the US national weather service has also reported over 50% of the US has already seen or is currently experiencing damaging floods. it's crazy. it was 20 degree's here last friday, and then in an turned into a -15 blizzard by the evening, and once Saturday came there was 3 inches of snow covering everything. and now today everything is melted, green, and it was 15

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

It would appear from reading the PDF file linked to in the article that this has been done twice before without setting off the NMF. In fact the section that they are going to blow was designed for precisely that purpose.

In terms of weight there would be far more concentrated inside the levee than when it is spread over the flood control area.

edit on 2/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have an ongoing discussion/awareness thread here

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

Let's try to keep the news in one spot?

Anyways I have starred and flagged you OP for updating the world on this "under the rug" issue!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

A small video showing the explosion.

join