It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Studies Link GMO Foods to Organ Disruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Holy Smoke! People wake up. I keep telling everyone how concern I am about this stuff and they just reply telling me to shove it. What kind of thank you is that, they are already doing cows with breast milk.

articles.mercola.com...
www.fourwinds10.com...

As Jeffrey Smith, founder of the Institute for Responsible Technology states:

"Only two studies reviewed in this new publication were over 90 days—both were non-industry research."

In the latest review of genetically modified organisms (GMO) -- an analysis of 19 animal studies -- it was revealed that nearly 10 percent of blood, urine, organ and other parameters tested were significantly influenced by GMOs, with the liver and kidneys faring the worst.

The studies involved animals fed GM soy and corn, which comprise more than 80 percent of all GMOs cultivated on a large scale, and exist in virtually every processed food sold in the United States.

Clearly the danger posed by GM crops is no longer theoretical, yet because GM foods are patented inventions that are protected under copyright and proprietary information laws, the corporations controlling the seeds only allow them to be studied under very limited conditions.

Rarely (if ever) do they permit them to be studied for safety by anyone but the USDA (who hasn't yet seen the need to conduct rigorous long-term studies), and rarely are they studied beyond 30 or 90 days.

In this interview, Smith also mentions an Italian study where they fed BT corn to mice. As a result, the mice expressed a wide variety of immune responses commonly associated with diseases such as:

Rheumatoid arthritis

Inflammatory bowel disease

Osteoporosis

Atherosclerosis

Various types of cancer

Allergies
Lou Gehrig's disease

In addition, Smith has documented at least 65 serious health risks from GM products of all kinds. Among them:

* Offspring of rats fed GM soy showed a five-fold increase in mortality, lower birth weights, and the inability to reproduce
* Male mice fed GM soy had damaged young sperm cells
* The embryo offspring of GM soy-fed mice had altered DNA functioning
* Several US farmers reported sterility or fertility problems among pigs and cows fed on GM corn varieties
* Investigators in India have documented fertility problems, abortions, premature births, and other serious health issues, including deaths, among buffaloes fed GM cottonseed products

edit on 2-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Never a fan of reading third or fouth hand accounts of things.

The link you posted has text linking to newspaper articles, but I've like to read "the paper" that the article starts off by mentioning.

Link the original source, pleae.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Thanks for the heads-up. GMO was never a good idea for The People...if true, this is disturbing stuff.

Incidentally, the source is fine with me - I appreciate being alerted to such things and don't have any serious issue following leads to original sources, all by myself - stops me getting lazy and relying on others to do all the work, I suppose.

join