It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i was tased for the first time.......................

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
my actual intention concerning the topic of this thread is,
have you noticed the mood and attitude of our fellow humans heading down hill at a fast rate as the economy continues it's downward spiral?

i'd like to relate an experience that happened to me. please share yours and i'll add more if the thread goes anywhere. i'm a vendor at flea markets, craft shows, gem and mineral shows etc.....
so my crossing paths with hundreds of people each weekend puts me in a place where it is very obvious to me.
this first story has nothing to do with that though.

i was heading back from a 2 week pack trip into the gila wilderness. i pulled off of i-25 in a small new mexico town for some gas. walk into the gas station and a biker dude has the cashier by the front of her shirt.
blaming/ yelling at her for the insane price of their fuel.
i walk over, tap him on the shoulder and say,'are you seriously ignorant enough to think this woman has anything to do with that?'
''someone needs blamed, so it's this 'n' .
he lets go of her shirt, turns and just cold cocks me right in the jaw. my legs buckle and i go down on my knees.
i'm not a little guy, 6'1/225, and this dude is at least a few inches taller and quite a number of pounds heavier.
while i'm still on my knees i look up to the woman and tell her to get out, lock herself in the office, bathroom. she grabs the register keys and splits.
i can obviously smell booze on the biker, so i knew this situation was far from over.
i stood back up, waggled my finger at him and said,'ok, nice shot, bring it on.'
he moves towards me and i kicked him right in the nuts. as he doubled over a bit i grabbed his hair and broke his jaw with my knee.
it was like a freakin' freddie kruger movie, he looks at me, smiles and just plows into me like a line backer.
we went over backwards and took out an entire shelf of chips. the rack broke and i felt a sharp piece of metal slice right into my lower back. out of the corner of my eye i see a gentleman in a cowboy hat walk in, turn around and leave.
great, the only guy who can help just bailed.
the biker starts just pounding me, i grab his testicles and squeeze as hard as i can. he shrieks and backs off a bit.
i stand up, feeling intense pain in my lower back.
biker dude punches me a few more times, i get in a few good ones and suddenly he drops to the ground.
rancher is standing behind him with a large pry bar.
points it at me, i throw up my hands, and 4 cops come bursting through the door.
i didn't even know what hit me.
when i came to the woman was standing between me and the cops, pleading them not to hurt me anymore.
the cops wanted me to wait for the ambulance, but the rancher said he could get me to the clinic much faster.
a dozen or so stitches later and some other work done rancher walks in and asks if i'm ok.
monica, the lady at the station showed the cops the video and totally stuck up for me so i was in the clear.
rancher dude drives me back to the station, insists that i drive my r.v. to his ranch and spend the night.
very nice folks, his wife changed my bandages a few times and fed both me and my dog so i didn't have to get up.
sad to say the one thing on my mind was the clinic bill, i only had 500 on me, no insurance, and that was only about a third of the total. first thing in the morn, while i'm lying in bed sipping coffee the ranchers wife brought me a cop car followed by a pickup pulls up next to my rv.
'damn, i thought this was over!'
they both come into the rv with my permission, he introduces himself as the owner of the station and says to me,' we really appreciate what you did, would it be ok if i take care of this?'
he hods up my hospital bill.
i say, 'sir, s*#t happens, i have no intention of suing you.'
'sorry, that is not what i meant, i feel obligated to help, monica told me what happened and the surveillance tape says it all.'
'i'm sure not going to argue with you, but i could pay it off myself.'
he hands me the 500 i put down on the bill, shakes my hand and wishes me a speedy recovery.
i spent a second night at the ranch, bill and sue were their names, drove back here and am now sitting here with a numb leg, doc said the nerve damage should heal, two fingers that were dislocated and reset, another finger that was broken, one tooth gone forever, another that is barely hanging in there and most likely will not make, a bunch of stitches in my back, a black eye and bruised face.
i'd do it all again tomorrow if need be.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Great fictional story, you could be an author.
Maybe.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I believe you're story it's a situation I've been in many times, Last week I got attacked by a gang of over 20 guys because I stopped them from beating up a 14 year old kid? And at the end the cops wanted to arrest me.

link   

Originally posted by PoopDawg

Great fictional story, you could be an author.
Maybe.

lol, one vote for b.s.

link   
I have been in a couple myself for sticking up for people,never been tazed but been pepper sprayed before.(no not by the cops either for all the cop haters here)
Good for you man....i hope you heal quick and have a speedy recovery.

Sometimes there is a silver line to the cloud when people are as good as they were to you.
I won't criticize as others might.
Good for you.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You sound like a good person..yes, people are blaming the wrong people for what is happening...I only see it getting worse in the days ahead...I hope I don't get tased any time soon....lol......glad you weren't hurt any worse and hope you heal quickly....
edit on 2-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

i need neighbors like you!!

good job!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

i don't blame them for tasing me. if i was in their shoes, busted through the door and saw the situation, i would have tased myself.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

i surely have no problem with citisism, was there something else you'd like to add?

funny thing about the first reply, if it was fictional, i don't think the story would have been about me basically getting my ass kicked..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

oh, and just to add, this is new mexico, people coming to the aid of others is the usual. it's not like big cities where people tend to just walk by and ignore things.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

These types of things happen all the time. Thats why I try to handled things myself if possible rather than call the cops. People make fun of me and I always tell them they have no idea how many times victims call the police for help only to get arrested, beaten and sometimes even shot. The police are not there to sort anything out they are there to control a situation. Their attitude often is shoot first ask questions later. If your able then explain it to the judge.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I live in a big city and i usually walk away when i see 2 morons getting into it.
If its a woman then I don't mind stepping in.

If she has attitude when I ask if she needs help then I walk away and say welcome to women's liberation...were equals now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

My scenario was more of a beat down. I stood up to the first ten guys and after that I just couldn't handle them and I was getting pounded. It was 30 or more guys and all of them were in their 20's trying to beat a little 14 year old.

On a lighter note I have been tased by a friend of mine!
, His uncle was a cop and he stole his taser.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

they are there to control a situation.

exactly, that is why i don't blame them. i'm assuming monica called from the office, or wherever it was she went.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Mister OP, you sir are someone I wouldn't want to f*** with. It sounds like you handled yourself pretty well in a fight with a drunk biker that was by the sound of things, quite a bit larger than yourself. But once you made contact to his nuts, you should not have let up even for a second. You've got to keep those fists flying man. Only let up when he's unconscious...and even then maybe throw a couple more elbows.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

actually i do agree, i made mistakes, no doubt about that.
it's funny how things work out sometimes, i've had a bit of martial arts and other training, and hate to admit that i could have done things much differently.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

OP I have done a lot of martial arts, But when the crowd attacked me it's like I'd forgotten every single thing. I was throwing hay makers like an idiot before they knocked me down. I had a guy in a headlock for ten seconds and was receiving heavy blows and kicks from 9 other guys at once before his back up arrived. 10 guys + call 20 guys back up just incase = 30 guys vs me and my pal (He's also done martial arts). I remember getting up after the fight with a smile on my face and saying to him:

"Hey don't worry about it, Even Bas Rutten would have had a hard time staying on his feet"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

in your situation it sounds like the beating was already occuring.
the more i think about mine, the more i wonder if maybe he would have shook her a bit more and maybe just have walked out.
in other words maybe i escalated it.
who knows for sure.

btw, i just got off the phone, the owner said he'd send me a copy of the tape. will be interesting to watch and maybe i'll post it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Don't post it, I wouldn't do that if I was you. The beating hadn't started, They were threatening him and I got into some sort of negotiation with them and after about 5 minutes of talking it seemed they would not let him go (Get this because of the way he was looking at them badly), So I lost my cool and I said a few things that agitated them and they attacked me, I tried to defend myself and I know that beating was worth it because I probably saved that Kid from one hell of a beating. Now my back is sore, Finding it hard to sleep at night.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

i'll post it only if my face is not really clear.
i'll see what it looks like and decide.

i've never been in a brawl like yours, but in the past have been in quite a few situations. mostly just drunks while i was bouncing at clubs and concerts.
it is a different story when one is not the only one though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join