It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web's bin laden photo is fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Web's bin laden photo is fake

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com

The bloodied image of a man with matted hair and a blank, half-opened eye has been circulating on the internet for the past two years. It was used on the front pages of the Mail, Times, Telegraph, Sun and Mirror websites, though swiftly removed after the fake was exposed on Twitter.

It appears the fake picture was initially published by the Middle East online newspaper themedialine.org on 29 April 2009, with a warning from the editor that it was "unable to ascertain whether the photo is genuine or not".

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
photoblog.msnbc.msn.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
All I have to say is wow. I cannot believe this, then again, i knew since the moment I saw it that it was fake. Common Sense, plus I saw the photo in....Photoshop class. Yes, what an unlucky medium. Then again, the photo was never official in the first place, but now we at ATS know what NOT to look for

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

They say the body picture is "really really graphic". So slap a view at your own will sticker on it and let's see.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bdizzl3

I'm sorry I can't understand what you're saying

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yeah, we kinda already knew it was fake. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see a poor photo shop job.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wow those Editors sure can Google Images, eh?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Can't this be put into one of the other 20+ threads on this very photo. Seriously!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought we had all gone over this already. That photo is obviously months old and fake...

/thread?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ill throw my 2 cents in here.

I will state that logic persists that the photo has still to be proven 'fake', this is not because i believe it isint, but with the US government saying they are 99.0% sure Osama's dna is a match to this alledged body they had. (I havent seen proof) Or and the fact they dropped the body into the ocean never to be seen again (again I havent seen proof) or to allow further tests.

Im a sceptic for each side of the debate, no hard evidence from the photo or from the US government. It will be like most conspercies lingering in the back of my head but never openingly admitting it to people, but you know as a person with his eyes open to the way of the world that there is that 0.01% chance that Osama is rite now shagging a sheep in the antartic for fun.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
here's the footage just after the announcement

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f172282f239b.gif[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join