It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Unexplained airplane "accidents or incidents" in the last 72 hours.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

maybe it is nothing and just a normal day in the USA.
I was looking for earthquake data but instead was caught up on all the airplane symbols all over. They date from 4/29 to 5/1.
When you click for details, there are none given, I went to the FAA site and they don't even say a thing about any incident's since Feb 2011.
So whats up? Stolen planes? Perhaps another terrorist attack at hand. Seems fishy, especially with the whole Obama announcement.

Maybe I am crazy and their are always air accidents, but I just never noticed them until today.
edit on 2-5-2011 by outandopen because: sp

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think it's normal. Somedays there are more accidents, other times barely anything happens...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

It does seem like a lot of incidents but I have never checked to see before so I don't know what a normal day looks like on there. It does say 0 people affected on all of them, so maybe just minor malfuntions or something. Thanks for the info though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It happened earlier this year too, there were a bunch of accidents in a short period of time....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
probably every little miss-communication is reported.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

the site seems to list all " notifiable incidents " - these cover a vast array of circumstances - they are not NESSECARRILY accendents

all acidents are notifiable incidents , but not all notifiable incidents are acidents

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Something odd - I'm clicking on the aircraft symbols in north america and then clicking for the details, they all seem to be Farichild A-10 (the tank busters)... Clicking the ones in the rest of the world gives me a variety of aircraft... Odd that, but is probably a glitch.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This might have something to do with it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

NoGlitch....A lot of a 10s crashed there for a while....nobody knows why.....maybe they are gettingf to the end of their service life.....????

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
WOW thats kind of strange I've never seen 9 Airplane Incidents and 6 Airplane Accidents all in the U.S. and with in 24 hour time frame on RSOE. There are some big storms in the south east but only a few accidents where the storms are.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's normal.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I try and keep an eye on it every day. The most I have seen in 1 day over the U.S. is 26. But like others have said, they report any and all incidents, malfunctions, etc....not necessary crashes...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i wouldnt be surprised if they counted things like broken bathroom door handles and chairs stuck in recline as accidents.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm no expert but that does look like a lot more than I normally see there. Also notice that it differentiates between 'incident' and 'accident', the icons are different. When you first click on them they do show many different types of craft involved but when you open them to see the detail they all say A-10 Thunderbolt, which is probably just a software glitch.

We did have quite a spate of accidents in a few week period a couple of weeks ago, I had been meaning to try to and see if someone had been able to tie them all together as most of them were 'in the air' and forced emergency landings due to lost pressure, at least that's how they were reported. I noticed at the time they they seemed to be kind of brushed over by the MSM which made me kind of suspicious.

I do remember a thread somewhere, maybe here, that suggested perhaps a connected cause at the time but not sure if anyone ever came up with a viable theory.

I'll dig some more and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks OP!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
No terrorists, no stolen planes. Just the usual list of screw ups. If you go to the right place the details are provided.

I.E.:

Aircraft landing; landed with landing gear retacted; vidalia, ga

Aircraft landing; upon landing ground loop; bend, or...

A hot air balloon a-140; impacted side of mountain due to wind conditions; park city, ut

Aircraft take-off/climb out; upon departure aircraft made off airport landing under unknown circumstances; pulaski, wi

Go here:
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Or, the FAA
www.faa.gov...

edit on 5/2/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I did a search for "unexplained plane crashes" and found your thread. I have been noticing too many small planes and helicopters crash landing. Some have been fatal. What is going on?

Here's links for the 2 most recent in my area.
www.wptv.com...
www.wptv.com...

Here's a site worth checking into...
aviation-safety.net...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yesterday, 12/28/2011, was not a good day for small planes in my area...

www.wptv.com...

www.wptv.com...

Is anyone else noticing more plane (and helicopter) crashes, engine failures, emergency landings?

top topics

join