It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for all our advanced technology!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, I have what I consider an expensive Cannon digital camera. I have had this camera for about 2 years now and I take it everywhere with me. Well, I wanted to take some pics of our new puppy last Thursday, and I turned on my camera and got the message: Lens error, reset camera. WTH? So, I play with it, get the book out, no help.
I happen to mention this to a guy I work with and he starts laughing. He tells me how he and his wife just bought their third digital camera, because the previous two had the same error message. So his wife gets on the internet and starts digging. I have no idea where she found this info but a website tells her to smack the camera hard, on a hard surface.
Again WTH?
Guess what? It works!!! I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but he now has three working cameras, and mine is working perfectly!!!
So, does anyone remember their parents hitting the old t.v.’s to get them to work? With all of our “advanced” technology, why does beating something still work?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Funny!!

and it Does work! T.V.'s,,, Cameras,, small children,,

hit em once and they never act goofy again..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i hate to admit it but its very true, im an electrical engineer and have used this technic quite often aha...its the case that sometimes electrical and mechanical parts fuse or stick! crazy but true, always give your electricals a good wack before calling me out, or you may find you got an expencive call out bill for absolutly nowt ahahaha

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sema sema
i hate to admit it but its very true, im an electrical engineer and have used this technic quite often aha...its the case that sometimes electrical and mechanical parts fuse or stick! crazy but true, always give your electricals a good wack before calling me out, or you may find you got an expencive call out bill for absolutly nowt ahahaha

If only they put that in the instructions book.

Troubleshooting: The hit it hard technique.

new topics

top topics

join