It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

I was appalled last night, when they were showing the sheeple jamming the streets of Washington. I mean come on, do you think this guy really orchestrated the 911 attacks? because if you do, you are the exact same Americans TPTB want running around in the streets cheering about the death of another human being. They want mindless idiots, and by the look of things currently in my country, there is no shortage

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

So anybody who disagrees with you and your stance or version of events are all mindless idiot sheep?

Now, that's Typical.

edit on 2-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
this thread shows how many sheep their still are on ATS.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeah, only a few select friends on my Facebook are actually questioning this. Seriously, the "buried at sea due to respect for his religion" is a load of crap, anybody who buys that needs some help. How many Arabic people have been killed in this war? Did we take the time to bury any of them within 24 hours of death?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So I wonder how many Americans shed a tear for the Innocent Russian casualties killed in Afghanistan Which essentially Bin Laden was created for.

Because a good Communist is a dead Communist right?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

The burial at sea was not because of his religion, it was *supposedly because no other country would accept the body. The dumping of the body at sea was *supposedly performed to religious standards, though. So, perhaps get the official story straight before dissing it, hmmm.

edit on 2-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
We keep saying Osama was not an innocent man but what has he been convicted of?

In this country you're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion. That is one of the things that makes this country great and we are slowly moving away from that ideal.

I'm sure the founding fathers would be proud.

It shakes me to see just how far removed we are from the ideals that made this country a jewel. Were setting an extremely bad precedent lately.

Don't whine or cry if you ever end up bein convicted and dumped without due process, for you cheered when others weren't.

Even the Nazis got their day in court.
edit on 2-5-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Osama bin Laden was a military target and he was handled as such.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

osama should have stood trial. everyone seems convinced he planned the whole sept 11 thing. now all we have is a story. that's it. just a story. no body. no evidence. nothing. just a story. bin laden should have been put on trial so the whole world would know the truth. all we have is a conspiracy ladden story.

*sigh*

-subfab

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Other military targets have had their day in court. I thought the law of the land extended to ALL human beings.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Military targets get one of three things:

1 Bullets

2 Bombs

3 Military Tribunals

bin Laden was given a chance to surrender to the SEALs. That was not the case.

I won't be shedding a tear over it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Some of the reporting I heard today made no mention of countries not wanting him; supposedly it was done to not create a propaganda tool/meeting place at his grave.

Though, we've seen what happens to the countries harboring/supposedly harboring terrorists so either explanation is sound.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I agree with you OP..looking at my facebook is how I found the news to begin with and found it from someone who I thought was a decent person...her post was a picture of Osama with "Rest in Hell..!&#*&# -r". Absolutely disgusting. I ususally get into big events that happen like the Japan quake for example but last night, I felt just about nothing. I felt nothing with the news and I felt nothing with the response from the idiotic public. Because it was as if I already expected the whole sequence of events and the responses. I had no idea that Osama was even alive (not that he was) but I wasn't even suprised to see the announcement. I wasn't suprised to see that big man Obama giving us his 3 dollar smile and taking credit as if he had a f-ing thing to do with any of it (if it even happened). The most that braindead puppet did was to agree with someone who told him what was going to happen. It may have actually messed up his hoops schedule for yesterday so I guess that is some sacrifice. All I know if I was going to tell everyone I know something almost unbelievable I would think they would want proof and would probably ignore the proof I told them about, even if I showed them pictures of me discarding the proof. It was all textbook and frankly so easy to see that you would have to be an idiot not to see it. We Americans need to open our eyes - you honestly think that whoever they pulled out of that ghetto crackhouse had anything to do with 9-11? Wow.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am an American and proud of it... My response to this whole thing, seems to differ from that of most....

I wrote an email to a friend of mine as I was watching the news last night. It may not be the best written letter in the world, but it is what I wrote.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Have you seen the footage of the crowd outside the Whitehouse chanting USA and singing the star spangled banner and all that? I can't place my finger on it, but something bothers me about that...

Just yesterday, these same people were talking about the unjust war and unjust occupation... Talking about how our men and women are being killed and we never even bothered declaring war on the right people...

Now today they are out there, happy and proud that we are over there.... Showing outright patriotism that I have not seen since before 9/11 when so many didn't seem to realize that the US was not actually loved by the whole world.... That the US, was in fact vulnerable to attack...

It just kind of bothers me.... Some how....I mean yes, we killed him, and that is great and all, as long as we see it for what it is... a revenge killing that took place nearly 10 years later...

It's just funny that Bush was always talking about how he is going to kill Osama and blah blah... Talking tough and them never doing anything about it....

Then Obama comes around doing other stuff, and he is like " what? Oh, well.... I guess I could do something about it some time.... Oh there he is.... * bomb*

Something about it is bittersweet for me... It is great. but at the same time... There is the risk that we have opened up a can of worms and that they will want to retaliate.... I just don't like seeing our people acting like this.... Celebrating the death of a person... I can just see people on the outside, looking in... Questioning our morality.... hating us more...

I see people saying that it's all over now... People saying that the war on terror is over... No, it's not! We are not going to suddenly pull our troops out of the middle east because we killed him! Terrorism still exists! Yes, we killed him but I assure you our government will stay there for a very long time.... And sadly, of course, the ever present risk of retaliation.... But I hope we do not live in fear of that... Let's go about our daily lives...

There seems to be a bit of... Naivety and perhaps ignorance going on... I am listening to C-Span right now.... All these people calling in saying it's over now... But I think, it is only just getting started....

Now, did you notice how NATO tried to take out Gaddafi here very recently and ended up taking out his son and grand kids instead? It looks almost like they were going for a sort of sweep, if you will...

And have you heard about Amadinijad being missing for 8 days? He left on his own in some sort of protest, suggesting that he does not like the fact that people above him are challenging his power..... It's all crazy...

Oh and to top it all off, Osama was not found in some cave.... He was living in a mansion in Islamabad! Gee... You think he was being sheltered by Pakistan?

And of course the threat level in the US has been raised....

Crazy times ahead.... But hey, just remember, if a bomb is going to get dropped on you, get under a wooden desk... Duck and cover.... Everyone knows that wooden desks are capable of with standing even a nuclear bomb.

What happened, should be a somber thing... It is not the end of anything... Perhaps the beginning of a new chapter, but nothing is ending, I can assure you.... I don't like seeing all these people celebrating.... how many people died? 3,000 people died in the 9/11 attacks... And that was a hurt like no other.... And then how many died in the middle east due to this "War on terror" ( I always hated that oxymoron)....

It's just a very somber thing.... Yeah, I guess in a way I breathed a small sigh of relief, but you will never see me dancing in the streets, celebrating, when it comes to anything involving 9/11 or our occupation of the middle east.... I just find it hard to see anything worth smiling about."

Now, make of it what you will... Call it typical. Call it irregular. Call it intelligent or even stupid.... Call it anything you like, but it is my reaction and my opinion. So be it.
edit on 2-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have to agree with OP, it's sick when people are so happy about the death of another person. I was shocked last night seeing photos of people partying and going crazy about Osama's [supposed] death. True, this man was evil and caused many other deaths, but that's no reason to celebrate his death. The proper reaction would be "at least now he won't kill anyone else," or something along those lines.
I think this just shows how brainwashed Americans really are. It seems violence is too glorified in this modern day. People need to understand, killing someone because they killed other's, is still murder. Osama deserved life in jail, no one deserves death until their time, and certainly no one should have have their death celebrated. America, you sickened me last night.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Usama was a monster, not a human. I only hope his death was very painful, along with any of these sub-human scum who helped him. Typical American response? This piece of scum killed thousands not only in America but all over the world. Mass murderers like bin laden, stalin, hilter, moa, che, and any other that springs up even though the listed are dead, deserve a slow, painful, drawn out death.

Way to go Bush, maybe you weren't as dumb as everyone thought.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by ~Lucidity

we killed Osama bin Laden, not the freakin Dalai Llama

*We* didn't kill anyone. Some members of America's Corporate military killed a man without enough evidence to do so.

Yeah, that's Osama fer sure.

We cheer the death of a mass murderer and somehow that's the same thing?

Killing is killing whether its done for duty, profit, or fun.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sorry guys, I would have put more thought into this thread, but I am sick, and fell asleep for a few hours. I didn't mean to sound like someone who sits around judging others, I just meant that most Americans are brainwashed. Seeing all these comments just made me mad, I thought I would share.

But I have felt for a while that the majority of America is just brainwashed crap. I'm not really surprised. I will be on for a little while longer, then head back to bed.

I feel like crap

NOTE: I am not saying I am above Human nature, I am just saying I am above the way our government makes us act. Human nature is nothing set in stone, Humans have the intelligence to change how they act.

NOTE 2: Also, yes he was a mas murderer, and did horrible things. But to stoop to his level, and to cheer across the country at his death just seems horrible. Cheering at any death seems bad, regardless the person.
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I think it's wrong to celebrate the death of anyone. Osama bin Laden was a terrible terrible man. If there is a God above who holds us accountable, bin Laden will have too much death to answer for. But to dance in the streets ... to rejoice in his death is exactly the same behavior that bin Laden and his ilk participated in and I, for one, am better than that. And so are you and so is America.

Proverbs 24-17: Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by nonapologetic

Way to go Bush, maybe you weren't as dumb as everyone thought.

Maybe he wasn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join