It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I did not justify anything, liar.
I SAID, that everyone has been guilty at some time in history, and that you need to stop making the US the only evil, because that is not true, period.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Nosred
"The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth." - Revelations 11:10

No offense....

That sounds about as nutty as some who quote the Koran before they blow themselves up or fly planes into buildings to me.

That's what I thought too, but it's exactly what is happening right now.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think, if anything, this thread shows

nobody should add you as a facebook friend, lest you snapshot names and faces and run crying on internet forums!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I did not mean you, I meant the other posters. From the line saying read the OP, that for you!
misunderstanding sorry.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Agreed.

Not to mention that some of these people appear to be under the age of 18.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Judgmental attitude or simply counter-reaction and/or disagreement? Someone asked the question, so people stated their own thoughts and opinions, which, of course vary. .

I'm relieved this was announced as a done deal. Now they can't use him to scare little kids anymore. Unless there's a Zombie version in the works...oh wait there is. Someone or something will take his place.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

It's ok.
BTW, I'm very sickened by what they did to Japan in WWII. And in that same breath, the saying "War is Hell" could never be more correct. But until men let go of their God "money/power" wars will always exist, always have.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
you are my hero as of now!
Was thousands of deaths, billions of dollars and 10 years really worth one man? and the escalation of a nuclear threat?

Well, the thousands of deaths and 10 years was really about terrorism as the mainstream media suggest's

This just gives us a reason to re elect obama, Not like voting matters anymiore but still...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You should 'defriend' those idiots

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
He killed 3000 innocent civilians and he deserves to be killed and murdered in the most painful way and to rot in hell with the dogs he fought with. He was a coward and one of the lowest beings on the face of the planet. He tried to shield himself with a woman who he called his wife. He is a piece of trash and I will always be glad he is dead with US bullets in his head and chest.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

There is no right and wrong side in war, Both sides are always wrong. People will never understand that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Judgmental attitude or simply counter-reaction and/or disagreement?

Pretty much judgmental attitude:

Originally posted by WillNiendick
I think it's safe to say that Americans are disgusting.

Someone asked the question...

What question?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

1. Again...opinionated attitude or judgmental attitude with overtones of a moral argument? All I was saying is that I'm not quite sure how to discern the two, as one is a sort of integral part of the other. This person feels that it's disgusting. I can see that point of view clearly and see where it comes from even if I don't agree with it.

2. Okay...the OP made a statement and didn't ask a question outright. I inferred that..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Typical American response to death of Osama Bin Laden? There have been a lot of people and families affected by the acts of these madmen, and they were happy to hear the news. Not all Americans were out in the streets banging pots and pans, or howling at the moon after the President made his announcement last night. Did the OP go to every major American city, town, neighborhood or household to see if people were celebrating the death of this man?

Once again, painting Americans with a broad brush. This remains one of the most diverse countries on the face of the earth with practically a kaleidoscope of humanity living here. There was celebrations in the streets after World War II, and what some 60 million people were killed? It was not just America celebrating, but the world after the war ended. It is immaterial to me if he is dead or alive, because either way his message has spread to the four corners of the Muslim world.

If people want to celebrate his departure from this earth, more power to them. If it brings some closure or healing to those affected by his message of violence and mayhem, let them have their day in the sun. A lot of Muslims were killed as result of his poison as well. Apparently, the mood among those in Muslim world about Osama Bin Laden has soured over the years.

Muslim world had soured on bin Laden since 9/11

Though large swaths of the Muslim world cheered Osama bin Laden after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, there has been relatively little sympathy expressed for him from those quarters since his killing Sunday - a testament to the dramatic falloff in global Muslim support for the al Qaeda leader in the last decade.

However, with his departure, there will continue to be disgruntled young men from the Muslim world who will continue to take up arms against the west. There will be others to take his place. Still, it is irresponsible to crop all Americans into one stereotype or distinction, because that is the furthest thing from the truth. Just my two cents on the topic at hand.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
pretty confusing to watch americans celebrating the death of OBL. Do the people on the street at ground zero screaming U -S- A really believe this? If so ,then they deserve what they get, a propoganda puppet president. thats right, a PPP, and they will be the ones that vote obama back into office. FOOLS

edit on 2-5-2011 by scratcher because: repost from other thread

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Really doesn't matter if the guy was killed. The message is still there and the extremists will continue on and the people will continue to be fearful.

And that is what is all about fear.

So go ahead and declare another mission accomplished. Have another round of drinks and continue on with your stuper. All of this resolves nothing.
edit on 2-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I thought the general opinion amongst people here on ATS, was that 9/11 was an inside job?.......in fact I thought that was the opinion of a lot of Americans in general?

How many people posting on this thread think bin laden was behind 9/11?.......if you think he was, then I can understand you being elated that he has been brought to justice..........but if you think 9/11 was an inside job, and your cheering his death, then why?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
America is "winning" the war on psychology

second line: "winning" as in losing, as in being led towards the cliff.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I find it funny, that when a bunch of Americans are gathering in the streets cheering and shouting it's some weird form of patriotism. Yet all the time MSM is happy to show you people in the middle east doing the same BS, and yep, you guessed it, label em terrorists.

Regardless if he is responsible or not, don't act like the people you label terrorists, or you might just have to take a long hard look in the mirror. If you are going to say you're nothing like a terrorist, don't act like the ones you see on T.V, screaming and shouting in glee, at the death of Americans.

P.S

I'm not generalizing all Americans cause this is an individual issue, each individual is responsible for their own actions. I was just stating an observation how it's a bit of a double standard. Lets not mimic the people we dislike if anything, we should do the opposite.

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't get it.. His God told him that if he killed non-muslims (or muslims with slightly different views than his) he would be assured of a spot in heaven. This guy is a super star eh? He's been ordering the deaths of people all over the world, in accordance with the instructions of his prophet. Shouldn't we be cheering for his spot next to his peace loving God and prophet?

Yay!!! He's dead!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join