It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

So...?

now some people have a right to force their version of Morality on others simply because they disagree with it? Now where exactly does that power come from?

Some people danced in the street and some here disagree with them doing it. You and some others have expressed how you felt.

Good.

Freedom in action.

edit on 2-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Methinks you missed the point. In fact, I said quite the opposite of what you're attempting to call out here...

We have to be tolerant? Who says? Think back a little harder, because 1.) we don't have to be and 2.) we weren't.

What's your issue?

More like hypocrisy in action. They can woop woop the night and day away for all I care, but I neither have like or agree with it.
edit on 5/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Warning GRAPHIC!

Now show me your evidence that these bombs were dropped on a military base and were not intended to harm innocent people? And why drop two bombs?
edit on 2-5-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by eNumbra

Again. WE DIDN'T CHEER THE DEATH OF AN INNOCENT MAN.

On the other hand, the Muslim world cheered the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans. and recently celebrated the death of the Murder of all but one 12 year old member of the Fogel Family in Israel.

NOT THE SAME THING.

Doesn't matter if he's innocent or not, it's wrong to cheer the death of a man. It's just hypocrisy.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Not saying it's ok to dance in the streets, but if that helps people cope with what happened on 9/11, that's their right.
I just wish you people remembered how some cheered in the streets while our innocents burned alive and jumped to their deaths. Stop acting like Americans are the only evil in the world. In fact, I feel the 3rd antichrist is dead now, what happens from here? only God knows.

Palistinians along with Egyptians literally did "dance in the streets" cheer, sing songs and hand out candy. Why? Because completely innocent people (who may have not been the least bit interested in politics) were killed. When is the last time American's cheered because a bunch of innocent Muslim's were killed?

If you want to talk about sick culture's, you/re barking up the wrong tree.

And American's have the problem? Whatever.

Wait, what?
I don't think you read my post right.
I'm saying that people in the ME cheered on 9/11, and that people here are cheering because that is their right. We were attacked and our innocents died.
Bin laden, to me, was the 3rd antichrist, and I'm glad he his dead.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I didnt go out and cheer in the streets, but I am so glad the SOB is finally dead. I welcome the news of his demise and I am glad that he was not taken alive.

He masterminded the killing of thousands of INNOCENT people who did nothing but live their daily lives. Celebrating his death is totally different from celebrating the killing of all those who perished at ground zero. And I will not argue the point with any of you about it. You are sick if you think there is not a difference, PERIOD! Nuf said...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Doesn't matter if he's innocent or not, it's wrong to cheer the death of a man. It's just hypocrisy.

Opinion noted

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Yeah moral equivalence to try to prove a point with something that happened decades ago during the height of the most destructive war in human history.

Not the same thing.

The Army of then is not the army of now.

Try again.

Just to make sure, are we talking about What has happened since 9/11 or since WW2?

edit on 2-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
You are sick if you think there is not a difference, PERIOD! Nuf said...

You have a different opinion that me.

SICK!
EVIL!
TERRORISM!

You are not the end-all be all of human opinion; take care to remember that during those times when life doesn't go your way.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Are you actually comparing WWII to now?
Not comparable.
Different world.
Stop trying to make the US the only evil in the world. Every single freakin empire that has ever existed has done things to gain power and wealth. I bet every single person on this planet has an ancestor that has hurt or killed someone.
I love the selective memories people have. I'm surprised the earth is able to hold it's orbit with all the hypocracies abound.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
"The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth." - Revelations 11:10

link   

He's a figurehead and a proxy for all the deaths we have caused since 9/11, manyfold greater. Therefore, by extrapolation, what are we really cheering here? Maybe that somehow ten years and a million deaths later we finally go one bad dude? That we were RIGHT to kill all those people in retaliation? That we somehow assign judgement and values and deem someone a "bad guy." You're so certain he's the one? Yeah. Moral relativity makes for such a fun ping-pong match.

link   

What's changed, You asked for you're evidence and now I'm asking for mine. Whats changed since then? Did they have four legs?, I hope you're not referring to their mind state. You're government is still picking petty fights.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
and when they are done cheering Osama's death
the US will kill him again...
and again...and again

jeeze
talk about milking a shtick

how many times osama bin dead....?
sucker is tougher then the treminater...

pS I hear its the pakistanis that got him...
like the way the kurds actually got Saddam..
and the Iraqis resqued Jessica Lynch...

I wonder if that is true...
I guess only Jerry Bruckhiemer knows for sure
edit on 2-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

What's changed, You asked for you're evidence and now I'm asking for mine. Whats changed since then? Did they have four legs?, I hope you're not referring to their mind state. You're government is still picking petty fights.

Oh this is just adorable.

You are stretching so much your limbs are about to come off.

Come back when you can back up the things you've said.

Edit:

And by the way, I asked for evidence I am STILL waiting on.
edit on 2-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I, personally, am not cheering Osama's death, but I'm happy about it. I'm happy we finally got him. I think it was absolutely the right thing to do. And I totally understand why millions of people are cheering his death. Let them cheer and stop judging them. Each person reacted to 9/11 in their own way and each person will react to Osama's death in their own way. Let it be. Have your own reaction and get out of people's business.

It has nothing to do with how "they" act or what "they" would do in our position. It has to do with a feeling of justice being done. Of the big bad NOT getting away with the crime for once. It's about saying. "You cannot do that to us and get away with it. We will find you and justice will be served."

I really think the judgmental attitude I've seen toward people who are rejoicing over this event is misplaced. And I don't understand it at all.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

To me all governments are evil, Both sides are wrong there is no right. Stop trying to justify The U.S.A's actions. Osama was wrong as well. Read through the OP and you will understand why I posted the videos. To prove that Americans also cheer at death (Japan quake, revenge for pearl harbor). One of the posters asked me for evidence that the bombs were not dropped on military bases.......

link   

Originally posted by Nosred
"The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth." - Revelations 11:10

No offense....

That sounds about as nutty as some who quote the Koran before they blow themselves up or fly planes into buildings to me.

link   
Maybe i've been on this site too long , but the first thing I thought as soon as I heard the news was, "are there any photo's?", nearly 24 hours later I'm still waiting.

Im not saying it didn't happen, but at the moment we dont really know who was killed last night. I mean we have the government and the medias word, but most people want to see some form of evidence dont they? Surely they must have some photo's.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I really think murdering a person who not only was NEVER proven guilty..
while it has been proven the US lied about him...
well
thats the kind of hypocracy that just SUCKs

the CIA admitted to faking videos of him as was reported in the NYtimes
The [CIA] actually did make a video purporting to show Osama bin Laden and his cronies sitting around a campfire swigging bottles of liquor and savoring their conquests with boys, one of the former CIA officers recalled, chuckling at the memory. The actors were drawn from “some of us darker-skinned employees,” he said. [Washington Post 5/25/10]

The Fake 2001 bin Laden
Video Tape
YOU ARE LOOKING AT A US GOVERNMENT LIE

whatreallyhappened.com...

youze are bringing it on yourselves...

edit on 2-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join