Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 4
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A reasonable man would not choose sides but instead step back and see this for what it is; that both sides feel the other side is evil, that both sides feel that they are in the right, that this is a matter of perspective, that both sides are equally disgusting.

An ignorant man would quickly choose a side and perpetuate the hatred, celebrating the death of another human and relish in the continuation of war claiming it is in God's good grace.




posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa
 


I made no distinctions about which "side of the fence" the guy was on, but simply saying he (IMO) got what he gave and in that, his life ended as it was lived. Good riddance.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
I guess the folks who celebrated VE day and VJ day were evil too??


VE and VJ day were the days the war was officially declared "over".

Are you saying this is VT(terrorism) day?


Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
A reasonable man would not choose sides but instead step back and see this for what it is; that both sides feel the other side is evil, that both sides feel that they are in the right, that this is a matter of perspective, that both sides are equally disgusting.

An ignorant man would quickly choose a side and perpetuate the hatred, celebrating the death of another human and relish in the continuation of war claiming it is in God's good grace.

THIS.
edit on 5/2/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99

Originally posted by projectvxn

I was illustrating that the people in Gaza have TWICE danced in the streets over the murder of innocent people.

9/11 was one, the Fogel family was the other.

To the Palestinians, the Fogels were not innocent. The Fogels were living on land (Itamar) that was taken from Awarta village in 1984. And Mr. Fogel is an officer of the IDF.

Itamar settlement


Oh..

I guess that make it alright to murder the children and his wife then?

I love the double standards displayed here.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi
 


You're making no sense to me, So we should celebrate the deaths of people on both sides of the fence, i.e the terrorists and the soldiers?. At the end of the day you know this is all politics.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans
 


Victory in Europe and Victory in Japan is very different to killing a messenger, while the message survives. Extremist Islam is still alive and just the same problem as it was 24 hours ago.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


Is it right how NATO are bombing the whole of Libya right now including childrens schools? Just to try and kill one man.

You're the one with the biased opinions. You're doing the same thing you hate to see, The same thing the middle eastern people were doing in the videos you posted. Celebrating at death.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
regardless of nationality or affiliation.

Is that so hard to understand?




This has nothing to do with "nationality and affiliation"- this has to do with pure evil........

Is that so hard to understand?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa
 





posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
This has nothing to do with "nationality and affiliation"- this has to do with pure evil........


Though few if any can disagree that he was anything but, where do we draw the line that defines pure evil and regular evil?

Fed bankers? Politicians? Lawyers?


You don't celebrate death.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69
 


What a tough guy eh? Should have joined his troops down in the middle east if he's into kicking doors!



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by projectvxn
 


Is it right how NATO are bombing the whole of Libya right now including childrens schools? Just to try and kill one man.

You're the one with the biased opinions. You're doing the same thing you hate to see, The same thing the middle eastern people were doing in the videos you posted. Celebrating at death.


Libya is a waste of time.

Again, it is not the same thing because we're not celebrating the death of innocent people.

News flash ALL opinions are "biased" look up the definition will ya?

And lastly, how's that video evidence coming along?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


You mean the dancing Israelis? Oh yeah that was just propaganda right? Lol



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


How about some and I repeat some Americans saying Japan deserved to have an earthquake and it serves them right for what they did at pearl harbor? Deny that ye old chap!



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by projectvxn
 


How about some and I repeat some Americans saying Japan deserved to have an earthquake and it serves them right for what they did at pearl harbor? Deny that ye old chap!


Changing the subject now are we?

Yes, I saw those, and that WAS disgusting.

But is it the subject of this thread? No.

Still waiting on that video evidence of Americans cheering on the deaths of Iraqi civilians en masse in the streets.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by projectvxn
 


You mean the dancing Israelis? Oh yeah that was just propaganda right? Lol


You got the arrest records for that?

Video evidence?

Mug shots(They were arrested, as the story goes)

Got anything other than conspiracy theory sites?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


I can't be bothered right now, And now I'm not changing the subject. Some cheered when tens of thousands of Japanese died...Because of pearl harbor? What about Hiroshima and Nagasaki?......

I watched people cheer when the bombing first started and my father was one of them. I was disgusted, All my friends cheered........and the comments I've read and heard about middle eastern people is shocking. But without a doubt in the world it did happen, People cheered.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


We have to be tolerant? Who says? Think back a little harder, because 1.) we don't have to be and 2.) we weren't.

In addition, what are you really saying here? Because they act this way, we should? From where a lot of people in the world sit, we've killed far more people in retaliation than were killed on 9/11. We could play this tit for tat game all day long to try to excuse our hypocrisy.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa
 


Where's your evidence that those bombs were dropped anywhere but on intended military targets?

I'm not saying NO civilians were killed in Iraq, but the US military does NOT intentionality target civilians as a matter of policy.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 


Again. And I don't know why I have to keep stressing this:

1 we killed Osama bin Laden, not the freakin Dalai Llama

2 The ME cheered the deaths of innocent people

3 We cheer the death of a mass murderer and somehow that's the same thing?






new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join