It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
Well....ouch. I'm new to ATS, but I discovered very quickly that there is a general disdain for Americans. Americans are said to be stupid, blind, illiterate sheep. Disgusting, greedy, selfish, arrogant bastards. Fumbling, bumbling morons with a fat checkbook but an empty bank, jackbooting around waving their military in everyone's faces while poking their bulbous capitalist noses in everyone's business, sniffing for a buck to make, a people to exploit, an ecosystem to ravage. Meanwhile, their shifty eyes remain ever vigilant to spot an opportunity to further their evangelical/zionist schemes.

I'm an American too, so....ouch. Not fun to be so thoroughly drawn and judged, sight-unseen, so often by so many people. Especially when the mechanism for the judgement is my nebulous attachment, through U.S. citizenship, to the other 300 million-odd U.S. citizens--most of whom I do not know, I assure you--and half of whom disagree so vehemently with the other half that we may as well be from separate planets.

I just posted a quote from 1984.
I dont want to per-say blame or be angry at US citizens.
Because, they have been under some devious brain washing.

I truly blame those that are leading (US) Americans.
The President. Current & former, is celebrating the murder of their supposed enemy.
I doubt George Washington would do that. They set the bad example.

The US media has always presented these conflicts and wars like football games or video games.
They are setting the bad example.

A man, his family and staff, has been supposedly executed without trial this weekend.
Dont forget, the FBI has not listed Osama Bin Laden as the master-mind behind 911.
We don't even know for sure if this man or his family were even Osama bin Laden and his relations!
Who was buried at sea?

This has all been conviction and execution by Media.
Why couldn't they capture him alive?
Have a trial?
Find out if he was truly guilty for 9-11 and other crimes?

US Americans should not be celebrating if they believe their country to be a country of laws.
They should feel cheated that their leaders took the easy way out.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by warbird03

Tell that to the families who had loved ones killed on 9/11 and then watched the Muslim world dance for joy about it.

We kill OBL and apparently it's wrong to be happy about it?

Ok, Mr. high and mighty, how should we feel about it?

Oh you are gullible!
I thought everyone knew that all the stories of Palestinians dancing in the streets about 9/11, were MSM lies, all cobbled together from file footage?
Vicky

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

And your evidence is?

www.snopes.com...

Looks like the person who originally made that claim has since recanted.
edit on 3-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
reply to post by Nosred

We aren't celebrating "murder". We are celebrating a big step in the right direction,

Really? That's not the impression I got from all the people saying, "Woohoo Osama's dead!"

A very bad man killed thousands around the world.
He can no longer do this.
Isn't that a good thing? If it's not, do you think the US should have left hitler to his own devices and stayed out of WW II ?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Serizawa

I'm not saying NO civilians were killed in Iraq, but the US military does NOT intentionality target civilians as a matter of policy.

Sorry, but from here it looks as if you do. (It was certainly policy in Vietnam, to kill civilians, and it's pretty damn useful as tactics go, hey?)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
... And I totally understand why millions of people are cheering his death.

Millions? Doubt it! The world is not the USA
Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic Each person reacted to 9/11 in their own way and each person will react to Osama's death in their own way.

In my case, scepticism, right from Day one.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It has to do with a feeling of justice being done. Of the big bad NOT getting away with the crime for once. It's about saying. "You cannot do that to us and get away with it. We will find you and justice will be served."

Justice? What do Americans know about justice? I just heard some Australian reporter saying on our TV news "the architect of September 11th". My niece born 1986, who's dumber than toast might believe that, and only because she's grown up on all we get here in NZ, American television, but anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that OBL had nothing to do with 9/11, except in the eyes of Bush, Cheney and the other dickwits.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Why is it bad to celebrate the death of OBL as Americans young and old, but we all have to be tolerant of rabid Jihadist Muslims who dance in the streets when they kill Americans? Or pass celebratory pastries around after they murder a Jewish family in Israel?

Because thats what makes us better than them. we dont want to compare ourselves to those who cheer the death of people, we are the civilised ones and shouldnt stoop to their level.

Woodward, you are my favourite poster. Every time I see one of your posts I star and nod in agreement.

America has lost the war, lets not kid ourselves. When you lower yourself to the level of your enemies you've been conquered.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
the intelligence of some seppo's amazes me "God Bless The USA" ffs "thou shalt not kill"

Dancing with flags and celebrating their blood lust.

sorry but this eartling sees why your war loving nation gets so much crap off the rest of us 6 billion unamericans.

rid the free world of us bases ..... theres a start to the end of terrorism considering those flag loving morons keep inciting it ..

edit on 3/5/2011 by Burgo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I am thinking my original post might have been miss-interpreted..

The main message I was trying to convey;

It's okay to be happy that Osama cannot murder anyone else, but it's not okay to be so obnoxious about it. I am not claiming to be better than anyone here. Please don't make me out to be a bronze head..
edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
Americans are said to be stupid, blind, illiterate sheep. Disgusting, greedy, selfish, arrogant bastards. Fumbling, bumbling morons with a fat checkbook but an empty bank, jackbooting around waving their military in everyone's faces while poking their bulbous capitalist noses in everyone's business, sniffing for a buck to make, a people to exploit, an ecosystem to ravage.

You said it!

Really, I have been alarmed reading this thread, to see some of the remarks made by Americans here..
Ignorant, hateful and frightening.
Last night I had the frightening experience of having two Americans I thought were friends, attacking me on Facebook, because they didn't like that I was unhappy about the murder of Ghadafi's family.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
motherboard.tv...

Also, there is a video someone made about the death of Bin Laden.

At the end of the video, Osama is forced by Satan to be gang banged by pigs in hell.

I am not joking.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Vicky32

And your evidence is?

www.snopes.com...

Looks like the person who originally made that claim has since recanted.
edit on 3-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

No, not just Snopes!
Maybe it helps that I am not an American, so I don't have any bias towards belief in whatever the MSM says, especially if the 'villain' is foreign, female or dark-skinned..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
1. Again...opinionated attitude or judgmental attitude with overtones of a moral argument?

Split the hair as finely as you want.
There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and throwing a blanket of judgment over those with whom you disagree.

A disagreement would sound like: "I don't like the way Americans are celebrating OBL's death. I think it's sad that so many are happy and cheering in the streets. I don't understand it, I don't agree with it and I don't like it."

But the judgmental attitude I am speaking of is: "Americans are disgusting", "They're sheep", "mindless idiots". That is not disagreement, Lucitidy. That is negative judgment and name calling. And all I said is that I believe the judgment is misplaced. That's MY opinion.

Originally posted by Argyll
...but if you think 9/11 was an inside job, and your cheering his death, then why?

I think elements in our government knew and were complicit, but Bin Laden was the leader of the group that actually did the dirty deed.They are both equally guilty and I would love to see Bush/Cheney pay their dues. I would cheer. They're both all happy and praising Obama. That's because they know that killing OBL takes the heat off of them.

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Now today they are out there, happy and proud that we are over there....

I think I'm starting to see the reason that the cheering is upsetting some people. It's because you are associating the cheering for the death of OBL with other assumptions. For example, I'm glad this has happened, but that, IN NO WAY, means that I am happy and proud that we are in Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan. We should not be there! Nor am I naive enough to think that this means that the war is over or the threat of terrorism is over - or anything like that. Nor does it mean that I buy the official 9/11 story. I don't.

Nor does it mean that I am "brainwashed". The OP assumes that people who are cheering are brainwashed. It's possible that some are, but I don't think it's a given.

Being happy that Bin Laden is dead is, for me, in no way associated with patriotism, team spirit or my love of war or country, or to our presence in other countries. It is simply *SOME* amount of justice for the people who were affected when planes crashed into buildings full of people. But if some people DO feel any of the above, I can't fault them. I don't live in their minds and it's not for me to dictate their reactions. I don't agree with their display, but neither do I condemn it. They are justified, IMO. This country was badly hurt on that day and I know I was wounded. If cheering gets people by, then let them have it. That's how I see it.

Then Obama comes around doing other stuff, and he is like " what? Oh, well.... I guess I could do something about it some time.... Oh there he is.... * bomb*

We didn't just happen across Bin Laden. This operation has been planned and executed over months if not years. It was one of Obama's objectives.

The Promise:
“...And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out. We will kill bin Laden.

Source

I don't think we have "brought down al-Qaida" by any means. We did one thing right for the first time in a long time.
And I am happy about it.

Yes, Osama was being sheltered by Pakistan! It's pretty obvious, I think.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Question:The Muslims danced in the streets on 911, Americans are dancing in the streets today. How is this any different ?

On 9/11, 3000 innocent people died.
Sunday, one man, who was at least partially responsible for it, was brought to justice.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
Millions? Doubt it! The world is not the USA

Do you think there were less than "millions" cheering Osama's death? Considering there are over 300 million in the US alone, plus there were celebrations worldwide. I don't understand what you doubt.

In my case, scepticism, right from Day one.

I was also very skeptical at first. I still have some skepticism left, in fact.

... anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that OBL had nothing to do with 9/11...

You're skeptical of OBL's death, but not skeptical of that statement? I think your bias is showing. We can't be certain that OBL had "nothing to do with 9/11". That's just your belief. People who deny the official story without scrutiny are the same as those who buy the official story without scrutiny.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Some times I don't like being an American, Sunday night was one those times. Watching videos of people celebrating in the streets reminded me of a passage from the Book of Revelation.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Disgusting. I'm ashamed to be an American.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

all you saw were random clips of muslims celebrating..remember how they staged the celebration with the sadam statue back in baghdad?..no you didnt !?..that was staged....i believe the documentation which shows that crystalclearly iis called faces of war...

please show me a clip with evidence that this celebrating happened genuinely on 9/11 and was not by radicals...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"You're skeptical of OBL's death, but not skeptical of that statement? I think your bias is showing. We can't be certain that OBL had "nothing to do with 9/11". That's just your belief. People who deny the official story without scrutiny are the same as those who buy the official story without scrutiny."

man this is just rhetorical blabla of yours and means really nothing...

people who deny the official story of 9/11 without scrutiny may not be wise, but dead right anyway...

but people who believe the official story without scrunity are just plain stupid and/or indoctrinated with a certain kind of false patriotism..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
people who deny the official story of 9/11 without scrutiny may not be wise, but dead right anyway...

but people who believe the official story without scrunity are just plain stupid and/or indoctrinated with a certain kind of false patriotism..

In other words, if people agree with you, they're right and if people don't agree with you, they're stupid or brainwashed. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I think just as critically about the conspiracy theories as I do about the official stories. And I don't fully believe either one... But then, I'm not invested in being right. I just want the truth.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Vicky32 - I feel like there are just a few of us who actually get it and no matter how much you try to tell people, they never seem to. At what point do you give up trying to convince everyone? I am close but still fighting

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join