It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Question:The Muslims danced in the streets on 911 , Americans are dancing in the streets today.How is this any different ?

I think what you saw on the streets wasnt so much celebrating his death it was more then that. It was the release of frustration. Look the Afgan war was started to go after the terrorists. The only reason the Talibahn was attacked in the first place was they were harboring al-Qa'ida.Then the US gets the dumb idea to start a civil war to replace them just so we can go after Osama. Now after all thats occurred lives lost the further attacks the body searches in the airport, And guess what nothing to show for it nothing at all.

Then the president makes his announcement for the first time since 2001 the people see some kinda result. This was a major release of anxiety and frustration caused by 10 years of nothing in fact less then nothing. At first i admit after watching the presidents speech i was a bit put off by it but then i realized in any war victories are measured.Up until that night Americans had nothing they could say was even close to a victory and for the first time it proves that terrorist can be destroyed.So guess what Im saying is celebrate America it was a long time in coming.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
Truly, I've never quite understood the irrational patriotism that is ingrained in North American culture. Osama's death doesn't spell the end of terrorism, nor does it herald the end of the Middle Eastern war. Seems to me as though he has become just a figurehead, and not a lot more.

hmmm. so no other countries are patriotic? We both know that's VERY wrong.

And I don't believe any American, which I am one of, believes this is an end to terrorism. That would be just stupid.

But at the same time, many people celebrated the death of hitler and many other EVIL figures throughout history.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by warseng
who REALLY won? Osama is up in heaven with his 72 virgins right now.

Yep.
72, 45 year old guys playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons while wearing spock ears and drinking mountain dew.
I'm sure osama will have a blast breaking them in

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Question:The Muslims danced in the streets on 911 , Americans are dancing in the streets today.How is this any different ?

Are you serious?
You don't have the basic logic skills to figure out the difference between the 2?
REALLY ?!?!?!?!

1. Not all muslims danced in the streets so your blanket statement is FALSE.
2. The United States receive an outpouring of support from muslims all over the world and condemnation for the attack.
3. People were dancing in the streets when hitler died. Do you consider him a good guy too?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've got to admit, I'm a tad confused but then again that's a semi normal state for me. Did I miss the absolute proof somewhere that OBL was responsible for 911? It seems to me the US PTB and media pointed in that direction but did the proof ever come home to roost? I never knew the man so I really don't feel anything knowing he's dead. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that makes him stand apart from many other bad historical figures. If you take 911 out of the loop, he was nothing more than a disgruntled sand jockey with an attitude for the west and lots of friends in bad places. He was a man with beliefs he fought for right or wrong, he took it to the streets! so he gets respect for that. I don't want to guess how many innocent lives were lost directly or indirectly that one could attribute to this man. Before I can put on the cap of hate though I find myself reminded of another set of beliefs held by other men, perhaps Bush, or Obama...Again how many innocent lives were lost directly or indirectly that could be attributed to these men? Violence is wrong on all levels so there can be no celebration of any of its forms but sadly that vision falls to the wayside due to the fact that the majority still believe that a given set of circumstances render violence acceptable. I don't know, celebrate, pound back the scotch, dance in the streets but keep in mind, the death of OBL only changes the dynamics of the game. The game will continue, the next "Bad" guy will surface.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by warseng
who REALLY won? Osama is up in heaven with his 72 virgins right now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97a70eaa49a3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
reply to post by Nosred

We aren't celebrating "murder". We are celebrating a big step in the right direction,

Really? That's not the impression I got from all the people saying, "Woohoo Osama's dead!"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by dalan.

I suggest you go watch the real video of his confession and you will see it is him. This video that claimed he was someone else deceived you on purpose. First they blurred the picture to remove detail then they shortened the vertical pixels making his head appear more rounded and distorted his features(or to some it up they purposefully made him look different so people could go see that wasn't Osama). But apparently you fell for it dont trust everything you see on a web site.

Don't trust everything you see on television either

You said that "they" manipulated the video footage, who is "they?" Muslims that wanted us to believe that Bin Laden wasn't behind the attack? Conspiracy theorists desperately grasping at straws to prove a moot theory?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Show any evidence Osama was behind any attacks, you cannot.

Sorry Slayer your video shows no different than before, SO easy to realize it is not him... and whats more you got no bloody idea even what the vid is about.

I am truly amazed at the incredible levels on NUB of this thread, a whole lot of people who believe everything they see on TV, no questions asked at all.

And yet not a SHRED of the last 10 years is remotely provable, or even PLAUSIBLE.

No way this guy pulled off these towers annihilating themselves or anything else, it just does not fit in any way.

But go ahead and prove the OP...... TYPICAL AMERICAN RESPONSE TO DEATH OF OSAMA.

And every other story that you swallow.

edit on 2-5-2011 by GrinchNoMore because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well....ouch. I'm new to ATS, but I discovered very quickly that there is a general disdain for Americans. Americans are said to be stupid, blind, illiterate sheep. Disgusting, greedy, selfish, arrogant bastards. Fumbling, bumbling morons with a fat checkbook but an empty bank, jackbooting around waving their military in everyone's faces while poking their bulbous capitalist noses in everyone's business, sniffing for a buck to make, a people to exploit, an ecosystem to ravage. Meanwhile, their shifty eyes remain ever vigilant to spot an opportunity to further their evangelical/zionist schemes.

I'm an American too, so....ouch. Not fun to be so thoroughly drawn and judged, sight-unseen, so often by so many people. Especially when the mechanism for the judgement is my nebulous attachment, through U.S. citizenship, to the other 300 million-odd U.S. citizens--most of whom I do not know, I assure you--and half of whom disagree so vehemently with the other half that we may as well be from separate planets.

However, it is my understanding that as U.S. citizens we are all, each in our small way, responsible for the actions of the nation as a whole, both internally and as a global political entity. This is easy at times(when the guy I voted for wins election), not so easy at others(when he doesn't). But, in subscribing to the system of electing governmental leadership we imply an acceptance of the results...and thereby a responsibility for the consequences. (Unless, of course, the system has been secretly and/or covertly "fixed" or otherwise manipulated or usurped...a subject I'm sure is under discussion elsewhere on this website; I need to remember to look for that when I have time, hehe)

I have heard, from various media/news organizations, of distaste for the U.S. all over the globe; something to be expected in some places but is (to me) both saddening and alarming if it is true of nations with which we are supposed to be allied.

While I have met (and usually avoided later) plenty of Americans who could very easily and justifiably be tagged with some of the...errr....descriptions...listed in the first paragraph of this post, there are also plenty of Americans who do not fit any such description. This, as I understand it, is the way it is with humans everywhere, regardless of race/nationality/creed: some will be jackasses, some won't.

I'm sure by this point it is clear I am interested in involving myself in discussions of this subject, hehe. But....I don't particularly want to get involved in a fruitless firefight. The OP content and topic, as well as some subsequent posts, seemed deliberately inflammatory to me, as though the intent was to lure Americans to respond in the thread so they could be further denigrated. But this could be a result of my own bias and/or expectations from experiences elsewhere, so I ask: Can we discuss this with at least a minimum of modern norms of social politeness? Or should I move on before I get burned?

....wow, this was way longer than I had initially expected. Too late and too tired to proof for error; my apologies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

as any good educated cowboy would do to any well achieved bogeyman

hang them high & tight or the power of the crowd

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

nobody danced in the street after 911, pure lie and disinfo.

the Palestinian footage shown by the bbc on 911 was well proven to be a fake (from 99 or 98, some completely unrelated thing) as soon as 912, raising already big suspicions on what was going on; maybe the big mistake from ptb that started the 911 movement (in my case at least)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
you guys do know that he was CIA his code name was tim osment

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
just realizing i'm answering some software here

i should have much better to do than that

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
My faith in my fellow human beings was actually restored a bit when I logged onto facebook because 90% of the posts were suspicious. People arent buying it...well...not everyone. There are those who need a little more than an american ego stroke these days, considering all that has happened. I feel pity for those who are celebrating because they want it to be true so bad that they are willing to let even common sense fall by the way side. I cant really blame them. This ugliness has taken its toll on us all. But no mater how much I want to believe that a corner will soon be turned for the better, I wont allow myself to be snowed. Its a slap in the face to all the people who have died as a result of the greedy machinations of a few evil people. My mother, after 10 years of doubt, is now a believer. My brother sat her down and made her watch several documentaries on the shadiness of 9/11 and it blew her mind. Most people who still cling to this american idealism have not allowed themselves to do even that.... entertain the possibility that they have been lied to. So I can only shake my head sadly and hope that the next catastrophe purposely orchestrated wakes a few more people up. Because nothing less is going to do it. My countrymen are not going to see the blood in the streets until they have to literally wade through it like so many other nations have had to.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
That is the beauty of free speech! I personally do not agree with the "who's your daddy now" celebratory approach but people have a right to express how they feel, even if they don't have the slightest clue as to what it really means.

Sheep on!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

I got that as well today. People who normally look at me like I am crazy when I express my theories were actually commenting today on how this "just didn't seem right." I feel proud to witness the awakening of others. In this case I am proud of several people close to me, who are finally starting to get it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by warbird03

Tell that to the families who had loved ones killed on 9/11 and then watched the Muslim world dance for joy about it.

We kill OBL and apparently it's wrong to be happy about it?

Ok, Mr. high and mighty, how should we feel about it?

What dancing muslims?
And why are you bringing religion into it?
Why not also say then dancing Jews?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The most savage yells of all came from the schoolchildren. The speech had been proceeding for perhaps twenty minutes when a messenger hurried on to the platform and a scrap of paper was slipped into the speaker’s hand. He unrolled and read it without pausing in his speech. Nothing altered in his voice or manner, or in the content of what he was saying, but suddenly the names were different. Without words said, a wave of understanding rippled through the crowd. Oceania was at war with Eastasia! The next moment there was a tremendous commotion. The banners and posters with which the square was decorated were all wrong! Quite half of them had the wrong faces on them. It was sabotage! The agents of Goldstein had been at work! There was a riotous interlude while posters were ripped from the walls, banners torn to shreds and trampled underfoot. The Spies performed prodigies of activity in clambering over the rooftops and cutting the streamers that fluttered from the chimneys. But within two or three minutes it was all over. The orator, still gripping the neck of the microphone, his shoulders hunched forward, his free hand clawing at the air, had gone straight on with his speech. One minute more, and the feral roars of rage were again bursting from the crowd. The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed.

The thing that impressed Winston in looking back was that the speaker had switched from one line to the other actually in midsentence, not only without a pause, but without even breaking the syntax.

–George Orwell, 1984

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

Sheeple. It's our job to wake them up, not to judge them.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join