It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typical American Response to death of Osama

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct
reply to post by WillNiendick

Kinda reminds me of this.......

"Ring around the rosy
A pocketful of posies
"Ashes, Ashes"
We all fall down!
Meaning of "Ring around the Rosie"

When we sang that and when other children sing that are they "disgusting"??

-Alien

What has that 340 year old poem got to do with international terrorism?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Question:The Muslims danced in the streets on 911 , Americans are dancing in the streets today.How is this any different ?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
Truly, I've never quite understood the irrational patriotism that is ingrained in North American culture. Osama's death doesn't spell the end of terrorism, nor does it herald the end of the Middle Eastern war. Seems to me as though he has become just a figurehead, and not a lot more.

you'll understand one day when an attack on Sydney or some other city kills 3 to 5 thousand non-combatants.

I expect then to see you front and center on camera telling all the Aussies out for blood to be calm and forgiving less we sound like Americans.

BTW, could you explain "irrational" patriotism vs "rational" patriotism. Lets hear it from the superior Aussie point of view, since by your own admission you have 'never understood the irrational patriotism that is ingrained in North American culture.'

edit on 2/5/11 by TrailGator because: misspelled words

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Question:The Muslims danced in the streets on 911 , Americans are dancing in the streets today.How is this any different ?

Muslims were celebrating the deaths of men, women, and children.

That's the difference.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by warseng
who REALLY won? Osama is up in heaven with his 72 virgins right now.

I'd be more than happy with all the terrorists of this world being dead just as much, while celebrating their "victory" with their imaginative 72 virgins in heaven.

You could say they won as much as you'd like, I'd be happy "losing" while pissing on their graves and living in a better world.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Celebrating the death of others. Read the link I provided.

-Alien

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

How is that poem "celebrating" the death of anyone?..........absurd!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

The difference is we dance for DIFFERENT reasons.

-Alien

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

How is that poem "celebrating" the death of anyone?..........absurd!

Well it might not be as blatant but it does appear to be a celebration when happy laughing dancing children sing this lullaby.

Origins of "Ring around the rosy" in English History Connections to the Bubonic Plague (Black Death)? The words to the Ring around the rosy children's ring game have their origin in English history . The historical period dates back to the Great Plague of London in 1665 (bubonic plague) or even before when the first outbreak of the Plague hit England in the 1300's. The symptoms of the plague included a rosy red rash in the shape of a ring on the skin (Ring around the rosy). Pockets and pouches were filled with sweet smelling herbs ( or posies) which were carried due to the belief that the disease was transmitted by bad smells. The term "Ashes Ashes" refers to the cremation of the dead bodies! The death rate was over 60% and the plague was only halted by the Great Fire of London in 1666 which killed the rats which carried the disease which was transmitting via water sources. The English version of "Ring around the rosy" replaces Ashes with (A-tishoo, A-tishoo) as violent sneezing was another symptom of the disease. We recommend the following site for comprehensive information regarding the Bubonic Plague.

EDIT: to add link....Ring Around The Rosie

-Alien
edit on 5/2/2011 by Alien Abduct because: to add link

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by projectvxn
Who's disgusting?

everybody who's willing to celebrate somebody's death, regardless of nationality or affiliation.

Is that so hard to understand?

I understand what you are saying. People (on either side) that celebrate death of another human being are the reason why these wars will never end. War is a terrible thing and should never be celebrated, except at the end.

Don't get me wrong, OBL needed to die, but I will not celebrate his death.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

It was 350 years ago......children singing it now do not know the origins.......nothing about that song relates to international terrorism or peoples reaction to it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Muslims were celebrating the deaths of men, women, and children.

That's the difference.
The mental state is the same no matter how much you try to use the innocent to explain it away.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

The difference is we dance for DIFFERENT reasons.

-Alien
Does that make it OK or you just being fachisious(SP)?

Second line.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Do you expect us to grief over it psshht!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

Your right, so sad he had to die. Its to bad we couldn't put him in rehab with Paris Hilton. Maybe then he could have been reformed and able to understand that its not cool to kill thousands of people. And maybe then he could have lived a normal life here in America, side by side with us.

We forgive you Osama and we are so sorry for killing you how ignorant of us. Please, just learn your lesson and come back to us here on earth and live with us, spend time with our children, teach our adults........yada yada yada.

I'm in my back yard celebrating along with 50 other people. You don't like it? Come suicide bomb us then!

-Alien
edit on 5/2/2011 by Alien Abduct because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Because we're supposed to be better than that. Do you really want yourself compared to someone who kills civilians?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Tell me what exactly is wrong with it? Give me the long not the short I need some insight and my skull is thick its gonna take a bit to get it.

-Alien

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
They could have shot him in the forehead and made a beer bong out of his skull for all I care.

The man was a butcher of innocent men, women and children and he is a huge reason why we have been living in the dark ages for the past decade.

All due respect, but 'eff him and the two humped camel he rode straight to hell last night.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Better than what?? Do you think those guys were the first to celebrate a death? haaa!

Its a natural reaction.

We aren't celebrating "murder". We are celebrating a big step in the right direction, we are celebrating the fact that there is one less masterminding suicidal-bomber orchestrator.

-Alien

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorrillaz

lol hahaha this is funny it took america 10 years to kill osama and all of america is celebrating like they did something great wow everyone lets give them a standing ovation

Yeah it's a shame our allie harbored an enemy of most of the free world.
That same spot was in the middle of a foreign country and surrounded by pakistani police and military.
Let's be honest...we've all known he's been hiding in pakistan with the help of factions of the pakistani government.

on killing someone who NEEDS a dialasis machine

Do you know that for sure? Even if that were true, who cares???
He's directly responsible for murdering thousands throughout the world.

better watch your backs though al quaida is going to be seeing red

So? We're not afraid of a bunch of cowards who hide in caves, blow up schools, innocent women, children and the elderly. Those aren't freedom fighters...they're cowardly terrorists.
If their god is as great as they claim, why don't they put on a uniform and stand and fight? Surely their god will protect them and ensure a victory against the infidels. But they'll never do that because they know better. They know their god isn't really "their god" and does not condone anything they've done.

Game over osama !

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join