It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Everyone already has heard the news that Osama bin Laden has allegedly been killed, and his body quickly disposed of at sea. Some accept that this is indeed what happened, and some do not believe that Osama was killed yesterday, and they feel the convenient dumping of the body into the sea was a cover for the fact that he was already dead.

I fall into the second camp for various reasons not important to the rest of the post. Suffice to say, I think that what we are being told right now is not the truth, and for those of us who believe this is propaganda, it begs the question, “why?”

America has been put on high alert, and the media is already spreading two memes. One, more positive, that we are all one people, and this event should remind us of 9-11, and unite us. Which is a wonderful thing. Who doesn’t want us to come together as a people? Well, normally, the MSM and the PTB don’t. Divide and conquer is their more typical strategy. It is a strategy long used to keep a populace from turning their eye, and their ire, towards their leaders.

But now, we are being prompted to unite. When is that strategy of uniting a people normally used? When there is a lead up to war.

The second meme that is being spread is that we must be on heightened alert, as there may be retaliatory strikes. This would make sense if we really had just killed Osama, but, if what many of us believe is true, and Osama’s death right now is propaganda, then warning us of the possibility of retaliatory strikes could also be ground work for a false flag attack on the US. Which also would lead one to suspect they might be planning to take us to war. If America were attacked, many people and nations would support our defending ourselves, much like they did after 9-11.

It would also have the effect of reinforcing the first meme, and “uniting us as one people, like 9-11.”
Since I have already said I am in the second camp, those who believe this is propaganda on the part of the US, I suspect that what we are seeing is the groundwork being rapidly laid for war. It would likely be preceded by some false flag attack, and then the remaining question is, “who are we going to war with?” I think there are two very likely targets, and I believe those targets to be, 1) Iran, and 2) Pakistan. Of the two, I lean more heavily towards Iran, by far. In this thread, I will focus on what I consider the most likely target. Iran.

The case for Iran.
That Iran is on America’s hit list is no revelation to anyone. A nation on the “axis of evil” the MSM has been for a very long time providing us with reasons to distrust, dislike and fear Iran. I wont go into all the arguments, as you surely know them. Nukes, religious fundamentalism, terrorism, mistreatment of his people, making dogs illegal, etc. So the fact that Iran is a likely target should surprise no one. What someone might legitimately ask, however, is “why now?”

The speed and sloppiness of this propaganda campaign means, to me, that they sensed an opportunity that wasnt there before. Some opening that, if they could capitalize on with speed and certainty, might ensure their success. The trigger in this case, may be internal conflict, made even more fortuitous by the current climate of uprising in the Middle East.

www.minews26.com...

TEHRAN (BNO NEWS) -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday appeared at a cabinet meeting following days of absence from his official duties, state-run media reported.

The state-run Press TV and Fars news agency both reported that Ahmadinejad attended the meeting on Sunday, following speculation in Western media on Saturday that an internal power struggle could be underway.

In addition to internal conflict, there is another variable that makes Iran look like a possible target for takedown right now.

www.securecomputing.net.au...

Police, parliament and ICT ministry attacked.
The infamous Anonymous hacking group has crippled a string of Iranian state websites including those of the Office of the Supreme Leader, state police and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards in attacks launched yesterday. The coordinated Distributed Denial of Service attacks were launched at 5am GMT and targeted more than a dozen Iranian Government sites under the so-called Operation Iran.

So, someone on our hit list is crippled right now by both attack from within, and without. Whether the outside attacks are indeed from the Hacktivist group know as Anonymous or the CIA posing as Anonymous, we may never know. All we know is that Iran is highly vulnerable right now, and, our government has placed itself in an ideal position to capitalize on it.

Reports are coming out of Iran now that Iran is both criticizing the US for their claims about Osama’s death,

www.latimes.com...

As word of Bin Laden's death spread Monday, Iranian officials and state media alternately disparaged the news as a fabrication, labeled it part of a cynical conspiracy or cited it as a reason why the U.S. should now pull its troops out of the region.

And claiming that if it is true, then the US should have no problem leaving now, (from the same article)

Another commentator, addressing the U.S. directly on state television, said: "If Bin Laden was your major problem in the region, you should withdraw your troops from the region now."

While the US, also from the same article, is highlighting links to Iran and Al Qaeda,

Some intelligence analysts have long accused Iran of providing logistical support to Bin Laden and his allies, a charge Iranians have denied. But despite their ideological differences, Bin Laden served Tehran's interests. He whipped up anti-American sentiment in the region and urged his followers to kill U.S. soldiers, activities in line with Tehran's strategic agenda. His injection of scripture into political rhetoric fit in well with the Iranian political elites' melding of the messianic and the mundane. Both Iran and Al Qaeda opposed the influence of the region's native secularists.

In addition to this escalation of rhetoric, we are also getting reports that Iran is accusing Israel of massing military might in Iraq. Something the US and Iraq denies,

www.rferl.org...

May 02, 2011
A report from Iranian state television suggests Israel has been gathering military aircraft at a U.S. air base in Iraq in preparation for an attack on the Islamic republic.

Iran's Press TV sourced the report to an unnamed person believed close to prominent Iraqi Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

So, fellow ATS’ers. My case for the possibility of war in Iraq. Obviously, I am no psychic and this argument relies on speculation. There is a very real possibility that this will turn out to be untrue. But I present you with the case nonetheless.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well said. It is hard to believe that even on this site there are people that are brainwashed by media prpaganda. Didn't the former Pakistani leader Benazir Bhurro claim Bin Laden was killed years ago. Not long after that comment she was assasinated.
I also just read that Israel are getting ready to strike Iran. But then again I hear that a lot on alternative news sites.
Lets see what unfolds

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Good post. The only question you haven't asked, though, is "Why war now?". I believe the real bottom line is in answering that. Wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, while major for the region, are not world wars. An attack on Iran would likely turn into WWIII. I believe the answer to "why war now" is that we are on the verge of an economic collapse and all the US has left is military. If the dollar collapses before a world war begins, then our nation will collapse permanently.
edit on 2-5-2011 by DeusVult because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Your whole thread is based on your opinions. Isn't there supposed to be a link to facts to back this up? Here's the problem with your theory. If the clown wasn't just killed why would the leaders of his terror network be now claiming to seek revenge. Or are they in on it too? It's not like they would play along or wouldn't have known who they were getting their orders from.

I'm sorry but to think that 9/11 was a false flag well it's like suggesting that actually aliens flew those planes into the word trade center. I'm not trying to be rude. But it defies anything close to logic. Something like that is way too big for a conspiracy and then you have the people that were said to have done it. Admiting it. So they're in on it too? Why for money? We had 25 million dollars bounty on Usama and not a single Muslim went for the dough. If you have put intelligent brain waves into this. Then I feel very sorry for you.

War with Iran is going to happen. On that we agree. It has too. I would suggest nuking them, that's what they hope to do to us. But nobody is asking me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
Your whole thread is based on your opinions. Isn't there supposed to be a link to facts to back this up? Here's the problem with your theory. If the clown wasn't just killed why would the leaders of his terror network be now claiming to seek revenge. Or are they in on it too? It's not like they would play along or wouldn't have known who they were getting their orders from.

I'm sorry but to think that 9/11 was a false flag well it's like suggesting that actually aliens flew those planes into the word trade center. I'm not trying to be rude. But it defies anything close to logic. Something like that is way too big for a conspiracy and then you have the people that were said to have done it. Admiting it. So they're in on it too? Why for money? We had 25 million dollars bounty on Usama and not a single Muslim went for the dough. If you have put intelligent brain waves into this. Then I feel very sorry for you.

War with Iran is going to happen. On that we agree. It has too. I would suggest nuking them, that's what they hope to do to us. But nobody is asking me.

I rest my case on the point I made above

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This resume my opinion about it (posted on the OBL thread originaly)
War with Iran was planned from the start

How many innocent muslims died because of the OBL quest
how many innocent americans Civilians/Soldiers died because of the 9/11 false flag operation
to create this War on terror .... because of one guy who masterinded the most impossible attack on US soil
from a cave with only a few AK-47 combat experiences on rocky ground

they are all together covering things up for the ABC plan

A: 9/11... was for Afghanistan and Irak
B: ME suspicious revolution... is for a few more arab oil countries
C: OBL death false flag retaliation.... will be for the final push again Syria and Iran

Global arab occupation domination for the oil
im sure some in Washington are dreaming of this since the beginning of time

starting to understand the OBVIOUS patern here ?

all of these events are NOT coincidential
these are long term plan to be effective
it take time to apply or they will get to many people against them and the chance of winning are reduce...
its always the best winning strategy that counts when trillions(tax payers) are invested ..
time is not a problem ..if they have to wait a few decades .. they will certainly wait

9/11 was the start of WW3 .. theoricaly speaking
the point of no return

History will remember the WTC to be Reichstag #2
did anyone though of that before ??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

i cant stop the war so let it happen need some more good news lets play nukeem

edit on 2-5-2011 by john1287 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I believe you have made a very great point here. That being on their may be possibility of war on Iraq / Pakistan, I also think that Osama may have been killed previously, I do not believe everything the media says. They say he went out in a firefight, I somehow doubt that. He was most probably negotiated with, and I am certainly sure he would not be buried at sea.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ijust wanted to add on to what the title of the thread had mentioned, that being that last night on al jazeera a correspondent in pakistan had reported that Osama was taken down in a helicopter operation consisting of possibly 4 apaches. one of them he claims was shot down. no deaths on the part of the US forces were mentioned, but he did say that men from the shot down helicopter had been taken to a nearby hospital. I just want to point out that when Obama addressed the nation last night he had said there were no americans harmed. im not sure if political dictionaries now define harm as dead, but i find it very disrespectful on the part of the President to keep that information, if true, hidden, and not give his regards to all that participated and those who were indeed harmed.

EDIT: Fox is now mocking Osama's death due to reports that a woman had ether jumped in front of Osama or was pulled/pushed in front of her during the attack, and of course they were both consequently killed. But Fox is pointing out that while Osamas "henchmen' are being killed in battle, he was killed in a home using woman as protection. In other words, hes a poohsy and a coward. Nice going fox.

edit on 2-5-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2: um idk what happened but i guess i added this to the wrong thread lol
edit on 2-5-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by john1287
reply to post by Dezero

i cant stop the war so let it happen need some more good news lets play nukeem

Nukeem? Sounds like a new muslim video game!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeusVult

You could very well be right. In all honesty, the idea of WW3 scares the snot out of me. I suppose thats why I didnt let myself look past what might happen in Iran. But there is a very good possibility that if we attack Iran, it could quickly spiral out of control.

Clearly, it seems to me, our government is rushing to something, and if they are rushing into war, I certainly hope they have at least taken the time to consider the possibility that this fire could end up an inferno.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It is possible that we are going to war with Iran, the question is on what grounds? The build up in Iraq (if true) is a tell tail sign that war is imminent.

I have a theory on the Libyian war being a ruse to go to war with Iran.

Great thread, I will be staying tuned.

ALS (S&F)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Your whole thread is based on your opinions. Isn't there supposed to be a link to facts to back this up?

The thought that Osama was not killed yesterday is my opinion. Its also the opinion of a fair number of members. And yes, if you do not accept that opinion, the rest of the thread will mean less to you.

I did link to facts to support the body of my argument that we are in a lead up to war with Iran. Our government has made it equally impossible for us to prove that Osama was killed yesterday or was not. For most of us, all we will ever have is hearsay evidence on that. Its going to come down to individual judgment calls on the part of each person.

I'm sorry but to think that 9/11 was a false flag well it's like suggesting that actually aliens flew those planes into the word trade center.

No where in my OP is there any argument at all over whether or not 9-11 happened, or how it happened, or who caused it to happen. Its simply not part of my case.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
It is possible that we are going to war with Iran, the question is on what grounds?

Thats what concerns me about this Osama announcement and the press warnings that we may be the target of retaliatory strikes. It opens the door and sets the stage for a very believable false flag attack.

That would give us grounds to go after them.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

you have analyzed the situation so carefully. I see that you are well informed too. This is my question : what are the multinational and war companies going to do after having no reason to stay in Afghanistan ?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I suppose which companies you mean matters a lot. Many of the "war" companies also have other things that they do.

All multinationals will never leave the region. Some that are specific to war will. Others, like mining companies, oil companies, companies to rebuild infrastructure will remain. Once you topple a government whose policies have been keeping you out, and install a "democratic" one, in which the outcome of the democratic election can be influence by the media or other means, (like the allegedly rigged elections of Mubarak,) you have it made.

Get the big international bankers in there, to control the economy, or manipulate it, and then have the puppet government award "contracts" for oil minerals, infrastructure whatever. "Democracy"controlled in this way is much cheaper and more popular than war.

The nations on our hit list tend to be those who are not playing ball with the globalists, and who are keeping their banks and control of their resources under state, not capitalist, control.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

So, fellow ATS’ers. My case for the possibility of war in Iraq. Obviously, I am no psychic and this argument relies on speculation. There is a very real possibility that this will turn out to be untrue. But I present you with the case nonetheless.

you research so much that your brain has become smarter than you. it tricked between Iraq and Iran.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

A well laid out case indeed. S&F
The clincher would be for me, if Israel is massing forces on a base in Iraq, the order
has been given. If its true war is near.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This thread deserves a bump.

2nd line

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
War with Iran,maybethe goal alright......
The amount of arab countries who would ally with them is nil.
Should Syria be attacked as well....thjey would have nohelp at all.....
Isreal is facing the rafia crossing being opened by egypt,and the prospect of a convoy comming to Palestine.
Im sure they would sink it if, they were already at war....And thats maybe what they are counting on....nobody would protest too strongly....if they did.
Starting from Iraq they have a very good chance of striking effectively at the iranian nuke plant....
And getting home safely...
They will use nukes if they do too, probably tactical size ones......
here we go again for zion......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join