It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do you have to say about that Pakistan ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have herd it reported that this " compound " that Osama Bin Laden was killed in , is a stones through away from Pakistan's military school , there version of West Point .

If true , then it's a pretty safe bet that the government of Pakistan new full well were OBL was hiding . I find myself wondering what's going on behind the scenes right now between Pakistan and the US ?

It will be very hard for Pakistan to claim ignorance on this one .

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I am sure Pakistan is trying to clear it's name with the U.S, while the U.S is ignoring them and going on with their agenda.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I am sure Pakistan is trying to clear it's name with the U.S, while the U.S is ignoring them and going on with their agenda.

Sending drones on bombing missions over Pakistan ?

Pakistan could be the first country that we are half at war with .

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It went one of two ways:

We went in without informing anyone of our plans. We succeeded and then Obama got on the phone with Pakistan to tell them what we did and to give Pakistan an option.

1) Jump on board with us and back our mission plans up and then Pakistan can save face for not contributing very much help in locating him.

2) Deny any involvement(either harboring, or assisting the US) and the US will have reason to place sanctions for harboring a terrorist.

I think they chose option 1 in order to save face.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Or #3

the US and Pakistan knew all along he was there and allowed him to be - the US just bid its time until now...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Why does every single thing the government does have to have a stupid conspiracy attached to it. I agree the government does not tell us every thing but at the same time waiting for something like this makes no sense at all.

That is not to say now that he is dead, the political shenanigans are coming alive but most likely the actions now are just opportunistic and after the fact. By removing him closes doors and even opens new ones.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Maybe Pakistan knew, but think about this. How would people in pakistan react if their government went in and killed him, or gave him up to the US. It was probably a more stable move to just let the US go in and do it. Having the pakistan govt involved in anyway would have put a major divide in the people and could have been a spark that ignited something worse. Pakistan may have known he was there, they may have been the ones who told us he was there. Killing Bin laden isn't as popular over there as it is in the US. I doubt any politician in pakistan would want his name anywere near that operation. Just my thought.

Also as far as the person who actually killed Bin Laded, we will probably never know, nor do I think we should, if the name of some navy seal gets credit for the kill you cn bet he/she and their family will be a target for years to come.
edit on 2-5-2011 by rbilly001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by rbilly001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The better question is: What does PAKISTAN have to say about Pakistan?

*crickets*

new topics

top topics

join