It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full video of Anarchist / Love Police Charlie Veitch's arrest on 'allegations' -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
4therecord.org...

1st video

OR

www.youtube.com...=810

I think it's a very interesting video, the police are open to some questioning by Charlie and his girlfriend, and everyone handles it really well. The video is quite peaceful but does reflect on the current state of affairs in the UK whereby freedom of speech is no longer available when faced with political or royal events.

No longer can a man have an opinion against the monarchy or the current government. His girlfriend by all accounts studies law at Cambridge and tells the police that they are engaging in 'political targeting' - The video contains some interesting dialogue from the two police, who are 'only following orders' but also admits to possible corruption within the police force.

What are your opinions on the video and the current events.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Forgive me because I'm def out of the loop when it deals with the royal wedding & protests, but did any protests end up in violence? I mean, I don't recall every reading about any protests about the wedding ending badly?All
I read was about a flag burning, which is a powerful statement but no one should ever be jailed for it. There's so much going on the world it's hard to keep up!

Great find btw! Ty for posting
edit on 2-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by mr-lizard

Forgive me because I'm def out of the loop when it deals with the royal wedding & protests, but did any protests end up in violence? I mean, I don't recall every reading about any protests about the wedding ending badly?All
I read was about a flag burning, which is a powerful statement but no one should ever be jailed for it. There's so much going on the world it's hard to keep up!

Great find btw! Ty for posting

Hi Swills.

I've not really looked for anything besides this video, although I dare say if events did happen they were ignored by the media, and the mainstream networks. Not much chatter at the moment, although i'll have a root around and see if I can dig anything up.

All I know is that some of the more vocal activists were arrested pre-emptively on strange charges and allegations even after some of them tried to get themselves cleared like Charlie Veitch attempted at Scotland Yard, he asked if he had any outstanding charges or warrants and was told No. The next day he was arrested.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I got to love the cordiality of the arrest. In the United States it would not have been as polite. The order came down from on high and it was executed. I don't know why they would have expected any differently - it has been proven that a Western city can turn in to Nazi Berlin overnight with a similar order from on high. No right thinking police officer is going to jeopardize their job by questioning orders.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Well, I got to love the cordiality of the arrest. In the United States it would not have been as polite. The order came down from on high and it was executed. I don't know why they would have expected any differently - it has been proven that a Western city can turn in to Nazi Berlin overnight with a similar order from on high. No right thinking police officer is going to jeopardize their job by questioning orders.

I agree our american police can bring the pain but now a days everyone is being filmed, so you have to be on your best behavior, well most of the time. Also, if the police used real force against them it would only create more sympathy for the protesters. So if you were targeting them politically, you don't want them to get any sympathy.

The police don't even know the specifics. They have the charges and make arrests. I'm not a cop but shouldn't they be more informed about the arrests they make because people will always ask "why am I being arrested?", or do they always have to be 100% trusting of their higher ups? Because we know corruption doens't exist, especially at the top

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I've not really looked for anything besides this video, although I dare say if events did happen they were ignored by the media, and the mainstream networks. Not much chatter at the moment, although i'll have a root around and see if I can dig anything up.

All I know is that some of the more vocal activists were arrested pre-emptively on strange charges and allegations even after some of them tried to get themselves cleared like Charlie Veitch attempted at Scotland Yard, he asked if he had any outstanding charges or warrants and was told No. The next day he was arrested.

Being Americans we are out of the loop. But I've been asking around on other forums and I got this so far. Not your usual source for info, but I love it lol

I asked a couple of Brits I play eve online with about Charles Veitch, apparently he publicly announced a while back he was going to protest the wedding, so he was ordered to be arrested so the wedding could go off without a protest being staged. He is apparently part of some movement that is upset with the costs of the monarchy [?] He was an idiot for pre-announcing it [or leaking the info] if everybody had kept their mouths shut, he could have gone off and protested to his hearts delight.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
wrong thread sorry
edit on 25-5-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join