It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Other Hand Was - EPA Claimed New Jurisdiction Under Clean Water Act !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Many of us here at ATS have been wondering what we may have missed over
the last few days as the nations have been distracted by the Royal Wedding,
The Long Form Birth Certificate, and the announement that Osama Bin Laden is Officially Dead.

May I suggest that we have been distracted with Sleight Of Hand?!

April 27th! The EPA released It's Clean Water Act Jurisdiction!
This dramatically expands the authority of the EPA and the Army Corps of Engineers (Corps)
under the Clean Water Act.

That now covers any stream, ditch and pond and puddle, along with every lake, river, and reservoir!
And even on to dry land as it corresponds to the water!

The Environmental Protection Agency on April 27 released proposed new guidelines for determining whether a waterway, water body or wetland is protected under the Clean Water Act. Water bodies would be covered "if they have a physical, chemical or biological connection" to a larger body of water, the EPA said.
The guidance will apply to all Clean Water Act programs, EPA said www.naylornetwork.com...

And, we should not really be suprised that U.S.D.A. Secretary Tom Vilsack would attempt to
sneak this document through its review process given the devastating impact
it will have on America’s farmers and ranchers, and citizens
!

This is the Tom Vilsack that just greenlighted MONSANTOS GMO Alfalfa 7!

This is essentially an end run around the Supreme Court Decisions that limited EPA authority!
and the EPS had decided to ignore 170 Members Of Congress!

We have seen this time and again! Its one of the oldest tricks and must be stopped now.

“EPA and the Corps have attempted to make an end run around two Supreme Court decisions that limited their authority under the CWA by issuing a draft guidance document giving field staff a plethora of approaches to make jurisdictional determinations.www.cattlenetwork.com...

To learn more you can read here:

Stop The Clean Water Act

EPA Clean Water Act Definition Of "Waters Of The United States"
denham.house.gov...

ehscenter.bna.com...

www.dailymail.com...

Please dont be fooled into thinking that this expansion actually protects the water....as
It Does Not! Monsanto has made sure that all the provisions they need are already there!
For proof, see this:
ynative77.wordpress.com...

www.naco.org...

Perhaps this is not the only thing we may have missed, keep looking folks!

We have less than 60 days! We must take action now!

Directions here to send in comments to the EPA and the Corps

edocket.access.gpo.gov...

www.dvidshub.net...

Senate And Congressional Contacts :

www.senate.gov...

www.house.gov...
edit on 2-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'll have to read the entire source, but 2 questions come to mind.
1. Does this extend to wells for personal homes (aquifers and such)
2. Does this have anything to do with "lead" in water? (ie, fishing lures, and spent ammo)

Thanks and I'll do my homework now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In recent years we have seen some real problems occure in some States as fresh water lakes and rivers feeding huge metropolisis like Atlanta have dried up, and the Army Engineers would divert water from one state that desperately needed it, to a neighboring state(s) that did as well.

Controlling food and water supplies ultimately allows for you to control the population(s) especially in big urban environments.

So I think the thing to really ask and consider is there something big in the works, where the government feels being able to control the population is going to require the control of food and water to do that?

Many could envision such a scenario developing.

Interesting that at a time when the Federal Government can't pay for anything it wants to take on more of a mandate.

Suscpicious some would say.

Great catch, starred and flagged.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay.
Point 1. Drinking water.

•Private Wells - Approximately 15 percent of Americans rely on their own private drinking water supplies, and these supplies are not subject to EPA standards, although some state and local governments do set rules to protect users of these wells. These households must take special precautions to ensure the protection and maintenance of their drinking water supplies.

water.epa.gov...

So they aren't messing with our drinking water, IF you own a well.
That's good.

Here's the kicker though. . . .

Point 2. Lead from ammo

Polluted Runoff (Nonpoint Source Pollution)
Polluted runoff is caused by rainfall and snowmelt moving over and through the ground that, picks up and carries with it natural and human-made pollutants, depositing them into lakes, rivers, wetlands, coastal waters, and even our underground sources of drinking water. Find information on managing nonpoint source pollution.

water.epa.gov...

Bingo! We have a winner!

Nice find, OP.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well thanks, this had been in the works for sometime, and possibly we thought we had the
Supreme Court on our Side...but it looks as if "they" are circumventing that and just like Cap and Trade
has been implemented in other ways...

Why am I not supised that they have even included a way to get to the private ground waters?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't know what is more frightening. The restrictions of water by 2% for the next 13 years to decrease water usage by 26% or the sneaky way they could now ban lead as it falls under the water pollution point now.

Sneaky. And of course, no-one is asking questions.

Except here.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I believe i read somewhere that lead is fully depleted uranium, like millions of years old uranium.
I may be wrong or i may be right, it is somewhat toxic so....
Someone wants to ban it and protect me from myself.
While some fools buy gold and silver for their stockpiles, i buy another precious metal!
Lemme know when lead gets to $1500. an ounce i'll sell some.

I will say that i'm sure myself and others my age got more lead in our systems from our window sill, than anyone nowadays will get in their lifetime.
Hmmm toxic lead, whatathought.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto,

Well believe it when I say that this is not from the Onion...

I just discovered another very bizarre piece of this puzzle!

They are including milk somehow....

The EPA regulations state that “milk typically contains a percentage of animal fat, which is a non-petroleum oil. Thus, containers storing milk are subject to the Oil Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Program rule when they meet the applicability criteria" marginalrevolution.com...

I am flabbergasted! More here:

the EPA has been flexing its regulatory muscle as never before. Because of its own “endangerment finding,” the EPA is attempting to regulate carbon dioxide emissions under the Clean Air Act, a move that could have a profound effect on American industry. The agency has also been raiding New York City public schools in search of PCBs in fluorescent lighting; it recently called for a remediation plan that could, the city initially said, cost up to $1 billion. The EPA is even attempting to impose regulations on the dairy industry by arguing that the Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure program, designed in 1970 to prevent oil discharges in waterways, also applies to milk fat spilled on farms. www.city-journal.org...

fuelfix.com...
news.yahoo.com...

just wow!
edit on 2-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Water... it had to be water.

This is the single most important 'public resource' in the world.... and here comes the corporate-government to "manage" it on behalf of their "constituents" ... namely the corporate super-citizen.

Along with the Codex Alimentium, water will provide the fulcrum and lever to force the needs of humans consumption into the category of "herd management."

I must review some material... because this is not 'cut and dry' (no pun intended) by any means.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So they aren't messing with our drinking water, IF you own a well.
That's good.

Last year we had a pretty formidable drought in my state. There were murmurings about putting meters on our well heads and taxing us on our water since it was determined that our wells were apparently taking water that was owned by the state.

Potable water is the most precious commodity on Earth. Having ten years worth of food does you no good if you have no water. These criminals are well aware of that so watch for an incremental move towards encroaching upon those who have a well.

Should someone attempt to take your water supply, it is time to dispense your lead supplies.
edit on 2-5-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken this ties into the UN law of the seas treaty.... and essentially was a way to get the treaty into effect in the US through the back door so to speak....

ANd yes the lead in ammo thing is the new approach to gun control! Just like the changes they've made to policy about used brass on army shooting ranges that effectively ended surplus brass sales.

And like the new m855a1 standard ammunition which uses a tungsten core thereby making it basically illegal for civilian sale....

The whole situation is very scary and needs to be watched closely.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Very fishy indeed!

I do think You're on to something. Thank You for Your vigilance. We had better sound the alarm!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes I can imagine why they would want milk on that list too. Of course it would be too darn simple to start putting it in glass bottles again like the 'poor' nations still do.

Fortunately there is another water and milk source that is in abundunt supply here in sunny south Florida and is actually the best thing on earth for you in the way of water and milk, and that's coconut water, and cocunut milk.

Able to bear fruit up to twelve times a year, someone living in the right climate could have a very stable source of anti-oxidant, high electrolyte, and highly filtered source of water, that has the same properties as human blood.

The incredible, edible coconut.

Stock up today! Don't delay operators are standing by, dial I-WAN-ABE-ANUT now!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Indeed, it is a major inroad and opens the door for water, all water including rain water to become
a government contolled commodity.

Water will no longer be a community or individual right and resource if they are successful. Water will become a globally traded commodity subject to markets and the ability to pay, just like oil has.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Coconut milk is awesome!

I prefer it over milk any day, even in ice cream.

But.....sssshhhhh lets not give them ideas....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
nice work op as always.
S&F

I had completely missed this.
good eye

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Boon I think everyone missed it, and I think that was the intent...

I sure hope everyone gets wind of this - its a big one.

Thing is they quitety put it up on the 27th, and there are virtually no stories out there on it!

60 days goes by quick...and even then we may not be able to stop them!

In that case, we will just have to prepare.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A: This is not law, it's in the public comment period. Don't like it? Go make a comment. You have until July 1.

B: This goes back to the Rapanos case. This is defining what is a wetland. It's a very interesting case. en.wikipedia.org...

Before everyone goes flying off the handle quoting every EPA link you can find, please read the proposed guidance and discuss the actual article. This is not about gun control, it's about the health of rivers, streams, and wetlands.

And it's seriously not big enough to fling a dead Bin Laden at. Come on.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A letter I just wrote to Mike Lee, Tea Party-Utah

Mr. Lee, the EPA released it's new Clean Water Act on April 27th. I've taken the time to read through the proposals indicated within the web site. I understand that the guildlines are posted 60 days before a vote to enact the new draconian regulations. I hope that I can strongly urge you to speak with U.S.D.A. Secretary Tom Vilsack, to stop these measures from taking place.

A constituent and fellow Tea Party member,

"beezzer"

A note to Mike Lee. I worked on his campaign in Utah and still get e-mails from his office. So I dropped him a line. I used beezzer just so my real name could be protected.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What, specifically, do you have a problem with?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join