It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Water Lines of Nazca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Nazca lines often rumored to be landing stips for UFOs are nothing of the sort. In reality they serve as a indicator of aqueducts. You should probably read this hee knows more than me.

Studies of the four valleys within the Nazca drainage all led to the same conclusion: the Lines of Nazca consistently chart the source and course of aquifers. They are a text without pages imprinted into the landscape, providing the inhabitants of the region, both past and present, with the solution to their water problems.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Interesting, but the author didn't mention that the Nazca lines form images of hummingbirds, spiders, monkeys and other shapes. Do the aquifers just happen to follow those shapes?

Here's a link to some aeriel pics of the Nazca lines.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I watched a very good program with regards to the Nazca lines the other day.They have recently unearthed lots of cloth buried in the area with the same images on various pieces as those seen on the ground depicting a monkey,birds etc.

The experts now think that each image represents a family living in the area at the time.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Sariel]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I heard the water line theory and think it stands up pretty well In Search of History on the History channel did a special on them. Apparantly the images were part of a religious movement meant to get the gods attention and to encourage rain.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I used to be somewhat accepting of dowsing, but after watching several professional dowsers (and reading Randi's site), I've become increasingly skeptical.

So I'd like to see some better proof and better geology. I'll stick with the "cultural symbols" story.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nasca was indeed an air base I guess you would call it.This was pre-diluvian times (there was more than one deluge) and that area was thrust upwards while,not Atlantis,Lemuria sank.That is the reason for the Easter Island statues.they are tombstones.
Now in Nasca,the symbols indicated where you agreed to land. The launch ramp was confusing to me.I thought they had plain levitation methods,but some thrust must be neccessary.

"Cannot explain at the moment.It was a launch ramp.If directed straight up,you would find yourself quickly at extreme altitude and asphixiate from lack of oxygen.
There were many methods of flying."2IC

"Right.It is the only ramp of its kind that I know of."

"There is another in Yucatan."

[edit on 6-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I saw a rational documentary that put forward a good arguement that the lines were offerings to their Gods in return for the rains to fall in the hills to keep their rivers flowing. As the shamans understood the cycles of nature he knew the signs that preceeded the rains, so the shamans made it look as if it was them that made it rain. They reckoned that instead of being a landing strip for ufos (like as if ufos need landing strips) they were walking lines, that the faithful would follow uttering their chants and exaltations to the gods. As the time between the rainy seasons grew ever longer the people got more desperate and worked up bigger chant lines, thinking this would do the trick. Appart from the animal glyphs the lines seem to be scale models of the hills in the distance and the stars in the sky above them. So they walked their scale model of nature, thinking as people still do today, that somehow man was special and had influence over nature. If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Preposterous,how stupid you think primitive people were. Shamans ,like myself I guess,get communicated with and are not given nonsense to repeat.But you make the Shaman's son a shaman,when he does not have the ability,so he has to ad lib or perform.
Now explain the ramp,the superbly cut stones,the pier, and why the figures can only be viewed from a height.
Explain why such a culture,without the wheel ,could do this,yet return to savagery.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Preposterous,how stupid you think primitive people were. Shamans ,like myself I guess,get communicated with and are not given nonsense to repeat.But you make the Shaman's son a shaman,when he does not have the ability,so he has to ad lib or perform.

You blurt it out like you think you know best. Yet you don't even know that you don't even know. Don't confuse my amateurish writing style for the format in which the educational documentary was put forward. You show your ignorance by the stupid questions like, "how could they make shapes only visible from the sky?" Ever heard of scaling a drawing up? Ever heard of the ancient hot air balloon? Ever thought that they were intended for their Gods eyes, not Human eyes? Do your homework you fool and you'll find very earthly explanations for all your points of ignorance. You finished off your masterly thesis by asking how they achieved all this without the wheel and then returned to a state of barbarism. You nut.....their prayers were never answered, the rains never came, they had to move on to greener pastures. BTW the wheel was known to them, they used it in other applications. The South Americas had no large beasts of burden to make the wheel of any substantial use for transport. How do they know the lines were used for walking in meditave prayer? The practice is still alive and well today. The biggest joke of all is that you find the chipping and shaping of rocks so mind blowing. Now go crawl back into your comforting little hole of uneducated ignorance.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
No,the climate changed drastically. But if they wanted rain,there was cloud forest and rain forest just on the other size of that mountain range.Did THEY develope a civilization? No. Savages. The temerate zones is where WE do best.
You can make up all the theories you want,even get some respectable old fogey to utter them.I want to know what the original natives said they were for and what happened.For whatever they said so angered the Conquistadors that they were executed,not laughed at like you did.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

No,the climate changed drastically. But if they wanted rain,there was cloud forest and rain forest just on the other size of that mountain range.Did THEY develope a civilization? No. Savages. The temerate zones is where WE do best.

St George I almost feel sorry for you, put down the book of fairy tales for a moment and read a history book for a change. They had a thriving civilization and were far from the savages you think they were. Anyway, the Nazcans best days were hundreds of years in the past by the time the Spanish looters arrived.

You can make up all the theories you want,even get some respectable old fogey to utter them.I want to know what the original natives said they were for and what happened.For whatever they said so angered the Conquistadors that they were executed,not laughed at like you did.

That statement would be laughable if it wasn't so sad in it's ignorance. The Spanish wiped out all before them in the "conquest" of GOLD. Those who didn't die from the Spaniards gold fever, died from the flu and the pox the Spaniards brought with them....so who were the real savages? I didn't make up any theories of my own, it is recorded history...it is no mystery. BTW, I'd put an 'old fogey' up against a mental patient anyday.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Conquistadors were after gold? How did they know there was gold there in the first place? Rumour? You do not launch an expedition on rumours.They were probably scouting for new territory,but did some plundering.
If they wanted gold,why did they not hit on Treasure Isle (Oak Isle).Did they know about it?
"No. Inaccessable.Rumours of booby traps.Stick to the tropics. Bad winters anyway."2IC

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If they returned with some treasure,did they get a percentage or something?

"No. Salutations.Likely promoted. No more life on the High Seas."2IC

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
If they returned with some treasure,did they get a percentage or something?

Yes, in fact, they did. And they thought they would find India (with its spices and treasures) there ... remember, they had no idea there was this huge continent between them and India. They thought it was just clear seas.

Going on an expedition was the best way for a young man to make his fortune (particularly if born into a poor family.)

Once they landed in the Americas, they found resources to exploti, including new spices and a lot of gold (Montezuma and the Aztecs) and the rumored Fountain of Youth.

We know quite a bit about the Nazcas:
reference.allrefer.com...

The "do they mark aquifers" argument actually IS a valid one in archaeology:
www.usatoday.com...
I haven't seen any updates to Donald Proulx's research so I don't know what was concluded after they mapped the wells.

top topics

join