It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surges in "Patriotic" music and themes on radio and TV since Osama's "Death".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The manipulation of the American Populace has already begun. In order to direct the bulk majority of the peoples attention away from the facts of behind the supposed death of Osama, the TV and Radio has begun playing patriotic themes and songs. This is a basic PhsyOp. This triggers an engrained patriotic feeling that has been taught to us since we were in kindergarden saying the Pledge of Allegiance. It is an expected but unwelcomed ploy considering the circumstances. Since I woke up this afternoon I have heard "God Bless the USA" (a patriotic song) played twice already on various stations.

What are you all seeing as far as this goes in your areas?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
something else, Obama can take credit for..... That is what America has become... Obama taking credit for everything after the fact.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

edit on 2/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Funny! I was just at Menard's and when I walked in, Lee Greenwood's, "I'm proud to be and American" was playing over the loud speaker. I saw several flags put up on the outside of people's houses on my way there and on my way back. One guy that worked at Menard's come up to me out of nowhere and had to mention "Obama" not "Osama" Obama had been killed so gas prices should finally go down now. I corrected him and was about to go off on this guy but my girlfriend grabbed my arm and squeezed so I didn't. It's too bad people can't pull themselves away from the T.V. and they stay content on being told what to believe without doing their own research.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Great day to be an American!

Obama deserves credit for continuing Bush's policies. ie. keeping Club Gitmo open, and continuing the pursuit of Osama bin laden.

Very bad day for truthers, and the blame America first crowd.

A new term will be coined because of this....forget about the "birthers" welcome the "deathers" (people that refuse to believe the Muslim terrorist, Osama bin laden is dead.)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
With all the division in the US over the past few years, I actually find it a bit refreshing that there is something that ties us all together as a nation. Are all the patriotic songs going overboard? perhaps...but, remember, radio stations take requests...and I am sure there are lots of Americans feeling proud today and I imagine these songs are being requested in high volumes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
With all the division in the US over the past few years, I actually find it a bit refreshing that there is something that ties us all together as a nation. Are all the patriotic songs going overboard? perhaps...but, remember, radio stations take requests...and I am sure there are lots of Americans feeling proud today and I imagine these songs are being requested in high volumes.

Drink a little kool-aid lately? Wow. You are doing exactly what I was posting about. Creating and believing in a false sense of patriotism to an event which seems really staged.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Drink a little kool-aid lately? Wow. You are doing exactly what I was posting about. Creating and believing in a false sense of patriotism to an event which seems really staged.

Am I wrong? Are Americans a bit more united today than they were the day before? How is making a statement such as I did make me a "kool-aid drinker"? I made an observation...and a damn accurate one at that.

Maybe, just maybe, you are the one who has the false belief.

False patriotism?
Staged event?

You make these accusations with no proof...Seems to me that you are the one that's been drinking the paranoia kool-aid.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
The manipulation of the American Populace has already begun. In order to direct the bulk majority of the peoples attention away from the facts of behind the supposed death of Osama, the TV and Radio has begun playing patriotic themes and songs. This is a basic PhsyOp. This triggers an engrained patriotic feeling that has been taught to us since we were in kindergarden saying the Pledge of Allegiance. It is an expected but unwelcomed ploy considering the circumstances. Since I woke up this afternoon I have heard "God Bless the USA" (a patriotic song) played twice already on various stations.

What are you all seeing as far as this goes in your areas?

Proof that the majority of the American people sadly are stupid sheep. I wont use the tv or radio so I can't tell you what's playing here.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The US killed a mass murder of our citizens, am I the only one who cares ? Im glad hes gone. Im proud to be an american. I more or less believe what the govt said about it. Im not super paranoid it was faked because it probably wasnt. Govts hide stuff or fudge the truth but i dont see it happening right now with this.

top topics

join