It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejoicing over Osama bin Laden's death is foolish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Saw this whilst browsing the internet. It's only a short entry in a blog, but I thought that it was worth posting

While it's necessary to stop terrorists, sometimes with violence, it is barbarous to gloat over the execution of an enemy. I find the chanting crowds cheering over the corpse disturbing, and the triumphal tone of our leaders is misplaced. We killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and threw away trillions of dollars, and our trophy is the bloody corpse of one old man? There's no victory in that.

Oh, there is one thing we've got now. A few more politicians will cloak themselves in the blood of our enemies in the next election, and victory will be achieved for Blowing Sh*t Up in the name of Getting Things Done. And we'll perpetuate the violence because it appeals to our citizen savages.

Osama bin Laden Dead

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I agree. Makes us no better than what we claim to hate and be fighting against. The people celebrating at the White House made me cringe, to be honest. Reminded me of those stupid "Muslims celebrating 9/11 attacks" videos that so many claimed shock and disgust over.

Posted something very similar in the main thread on this very early on and got blasted ("let the people celebrate"). Oh well.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

strange day,, last night,, seeing all the people jumping up and down,, upset me...

i thought,,"What the H@!!) ? we should not be Acting this way.. who ARE these people?
jumping like some Tribe, somewhere,, all that was missing was Automatic ak-47's firing into the sky...

THIS? IS AMERICA??

i was feeling ,saddened,, angered ,,, sickened,, and disgraced,,,,

whats next?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
and they will also say "See, we are finding and killing terrorist, so please give us a BIG increase this coming year in our expenses so we can continue" We will continue to get the job done for you as we work for you and we love who we work for." Thanks and keep the Billions coming !!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Saw this whilst browsing the internet. It's only a short entry in a blog, but I thought that it was worth posting

While it's necessary to stop terrorists, sometimes with violence, it is barbarous to gloat over the execution of an enemy. I find the chanting crowds cheering over the corpse disturbing, and the triumphal tone of our leaders is misplaced. We killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and threw away trillions of dollars, and our trophy is the bloody corpse of one old man? There's no victory in that.

Oh, there is one thing we've got now. A few more politicians will cloak themselves in the blood of our enemies in the next election, and victory will be achieved for Blowing Sh*t Up in the name of Getting Things Done. And we'll perpetuate the violence because it appeals to our citizen savages.

Osama bin Laden Dead

I agree with this post whole heartedly. This does not at all end the war on terrorism. Osama was just a frontman or the face of some extremist people in the ME. For all we know he could have retired. I mean where did they even find him? Its not like there aren't men right now planning a suicide bombing of who knows what. I swear this doesn't change anything and WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO DUE PROCESS?! He is not brought to trial for war crimes he is just killed? That should be telling that the direction of the US army is off and we might not have proper military leadership.
Where is the respect. I see the picture and the first thing I think is that can't be real b/c I guess I imagine things to be done with respect. So you decide you have to kill this guy with absolutely no trial what so ever wouldn't it be more decent and respectful to give him an execution style death??? Whats with the bloody torture for no reason?
Gaddahfi is right this is a [senseless] Crusade.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I haven't posted to but only a few of these multiple threads, but that first quote in your OP really sums up how I am feeling. The reaction of some of my friends is alarming and while I have never really believed in all the dumbing down and brainwashing conspiracies....this blind mob mentality reaction of the American populace has just convinced me. To be honest, it scares me a bit. It seems the mass majority simply doesn't think for themselves anymore...don't want to, don't care. Give me some more pills, throw some more mind numbing technology my way and keep me happy.

Anyone else feel like a spectator at a very bizarre, disturbing play???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Last night I had a migraine and was just kinda hanging out on the couch waiting for Housewives(so shoot me) and all this OSB stuff was on. The pundits were all speaking in soothing tones saying what a wonderful thing this was for closure for the American people and they were interviewing relatives of those who had died in the towers and everyone was on camera. On camera. Saying what they had to say to fit into the general mold of "oh what a relief and yes I feel better now and isn't America great and on and on and on.

It was like a funeral for all those who died ten years ago. Like now they can finally rest in peace. Whatta crock.

top topics

join