It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of these Gosh Darn OSAMA BIN LADEN threads are they going to allow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Can we put these all in a seperate forum?
I find it ridiculous there's like 300+ threads on this topic and I am honestly sick of hearing everyone's POV on it!
Personally it's a waste of breath and space!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A few more after yours...

edit on 5-2-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Well mine isn't a discussion it's asking a board question. And how they are going to fix this idiocracy.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
useless threads should be removed by mods straight away. whats the point of making a new sub forum for osama bin laden, what are they going to call it? bin laden? if they do that then every media-hyped event will eventually get a sub forum just like BP oil spill and japan EQ

having a good amount of mods watching the forums should be able to keep it clean

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Righto! I thought surely that when I got up this morning there would be a new Bin Ladin Is Dead Forum!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
useless threads should be removed by mods straight away. whats the point of making a new sub forum for osama bin laden, what are they going to call it? bin laden? if they do that then every media-hyped event will eventually get a sub forum just like BP oil spill and japan EQ

having a good amount of mods watching the forums should be able to keep it clean

You're right.
But I can count at least 5 threads about the same discussion about OBL right at this moment where is the sweepers?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I agree, it is getting a little ridiculous.

They should create a bin laden forum and when the traffic dies down delete it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

And if you think I am exaggerating just see here:
This one
This one too

And this
This one too
And last, but not least

Talk about overkill!!!!

These are all discussions about the very same thing Bin Laden not being dead for real.

edit on 2-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: fixes

edit on 2-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: to clarify.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 2-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Not much you can do once they start to flap their gobs.

Just let them flood the board with useless threads, they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Let them make pricks out of themselves.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

About as many as they allowed on the Obama birth certificate. It's ridiculous! The good news is that this will fade after a couple of days; however, in the mean time, we have to sift through the repeats on the "Recent Posts" page in order to get to the "other" topics.

The MODS always say "if you see something, then report it". Well, it's been reported....not to mention that there is no way to miss the fact there are so many repeats....a blind man could see that.

My advice: take an ATS break for a few days. When you come back, there will be a new topic that has 100s of duplicate threads.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

About as many as they allowed on the Obama birth certificate. It's ridiculous! The good news is that this will fade after a couple of days; however, in the mean time, we have to sift through the repeats on the "Recent Posts" page in order to get to the "other" topics.

The MODS always say "if you see something, then report it". Well, it's been reported....not to mention that there is no way to miss the fact there are so many repeats....a blind man could see that.

My advice: take an ATS break for a few days. When you come back, there will be a new topic that has 100s of duplicate threads.

I hear you, I think the same thing about the BC threads but held my peace but today I am at the end of my rope!!!!
So true about taking a break and seeing a new 100 repeated threads on something else!

Can't win for losing I guess.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One answer to your question:

How many members are going to continuously create "new" threads?

If we adopt an aggressive stance - someone is going to accuse us of bias.

Here's an alternative idea: ALL threads declaring the BC is false AND ALL threads saying otherwise go to the HOAX forum.....

In fact, Every mention of the BC in anyway should be HOAX material... also, all material either in support of, or criticizing, Obama, or his life and conduct. should be immediately banned....

Wait, I have an even better idea.... Let's ban all points of view entirely. Let's only allow discussions that the entire community votes on as 'acceptable.' From this point forward, no one posts anything ever, because we all know there's always a dissenting opinion - and that shouldn't be tolerated since it represents disagreement and that implies pretty clearly that one party must be wrong.... since we seem to have a large group of people that consider anyone being wrong as being a hoaxer, or a liar, or generally evil, why run the risk of anyone posting anymore?

............ OK, OK..... /end sarcasm.

---------------------------------------

A note to all concerned;

We are all going to have to learn to deal with the idea that we don't have the freedom to deny others the opportunity to discuss their opinions and understandings in accordance with the Ts&Cs.

There is no mandate that says you must visit or respond to every Obama thread you see. And if you do, you should be contributing to it's content; not detracting, distracting, or engendering grief because of partisan fervor, zealotry, or schadenfreude.

-------------------------------------

Partisanship may be the final deathblow to this country if we don't agree to discuss matters rather than mounting campaigns to silence each other... that's what political parties do.... let's not join them in their disingenuous ways.

By the way, the best way to counter the successful proliferation of topical threads is to stop posting in them, and stop posting "about" them...... is that so terribly difficult?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The staff is working overtime (and still not getting paid
)... So please bear with us. The staff is busy reviewing all the existing threads (there are tons of posts to review) and closing the duplicates.

Simply alert the staff on new duplciates as they arrive and we'll get to them as soon as we can.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
The staff is working overtime (and still not getting paid
)... So please bear with us. The staff is busy reviewing all the existing threads (there are tons of posts to review) and closing the duplicates.

Simply alert the staff on new duplciates as they arrive and we'll get to them as soon as we can.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
I just see a lot of repetitive opinions starting new threads is all.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

It's one thing to express an opinion but if a member sees a thread on the very same opinion or on the same lines why not just post to that original thread? Why start a redundant thread? Just saying. I value opinions but why start a new thread for every one when there's already a thread of the same opinion? I am not trying to attack anybody's POV, not at all. And I don't post to them...honestly I loathe the discussion personally. But there it is in my face about every ten seconds.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I apologize for the rant... you may be able to tell... we're not exactly comfortable with this influx of repeated material. I meant no offense, your point is certainly valid... and I sort of circumvented it.... I know you didn't intend to silence other people's point of view.... that was my aggravation getting the better of me....

crow eating begins here.... (yuk)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

See... Overworked and underpaid...

We need a coffee on aisle 5 please!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I apologize for the rant... you may be able to tell... we're not exactly comfortable with this influx of repeated material. I meant no offense, your point is certainly valid... and I sort of circumvented it.... I know you didn't intend to silence other people's point of view.... that was my aggravation getting the better of me....

crow eating begins here.... (yuk)

It's ok...everybody's entitled to a bad day.
I can understand the tension and stress.

Hopefully there will be some members who see this and they'll be a little more cautious from this point on.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's obviously going to be a busy day managing these as they come up.
I feel the staff is up to the task.

At the end of the day, you also have to realize, we're talking about unpaid volunteers here folks....

We do the best we can do.

Also, if a thread takes another angle (not just reporting the death, etc.) that justifies keeping the thread, it would be kept.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join