It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this 911 image before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This morning while watching the Al Jazeera coverage of the death of OBL, they ran this still picture (along with many others) over the commentary.

Frankly, I was awestruck by what I was seeing. I thought that I had seen all ther available images from 9/11 but this one was completely unfamiliar to me so I took a screen capture. It appears to have been shot from the reverse angle on the buildings from what we usually see and judging from the fireball, it would seem to have been shot moments after the second plane hit.

I had to convert it to .JPG format since, despite being listed as allowed file types on ATS Media, I could not upload the original .BMP image provided by my screen capture s/w.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/451323b40ad7.jpg[/atsimg]

The question that leapt to mind was, "What am I looking at between the right-hand tower and the (seeming) lamppost?".

Any help in locating the original image for further analysis would be very much appreciated as well as any speculations as to what appears to be an aircraft in the picture.

Thanks.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Tholidor because: Imbed image

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

ejected debris or one of the various planes / choppers in the area at the time, without video it's hard to tell.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
it looks like an object with an upward trajectory...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
chopper was what came to mind at first but what is that white line on the right of the lampost that seems to be in line with it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Might possibly oh, I dont know....a CRANE at a construction site?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't know what the object is you are talking about.

But as for the picture, it appears to a still from a video. Judging by quality someone's personal video camera. As to why you/we may have never seen it, there were a lot of cameras pointed that way after the first hit. There are probably quite a few more we will never see. I know I wouldnt have sold the images unless it was something worth while.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nope. It is something VERY heavy. Like, a plane engine.

www.youtube.com...

Watch the very first video, you can see the debris flying out of the tower.

It does not have an upward trajectory, it is not a crane, it is coming from the tower.

Plane parts.

Also at 1:40+, and 1:18+, and at 2:14 also.

edit on 2-5-2011 by FDNY343 because: Additional comments

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Very interesting observation, thanks for posting it. If it's a crane it's either a very tall crane or the angle of the photo puts the crane quite near. Doesn't look like a helicopter (this is a pic which can be blown up to get more resoultiion of the object). And look at all the jet fuel which is being burnt off there, how much fuel can be left in the plane or buidling interior after this? This pic creates lots of questions, so again, thanks for posting it. And to answer your question, I don't recall the pic either.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FDNY343

After watching the linked video (as well as a few others along with stills from the same time frame), note that each piece of debris has a distinctive smoke trail following it. Not so with this anomaly. Also, the position relative to the buildings is wrong for it to have been a piece of the ejecta from the impact.

The object also appears to have wings. However, if it is an aircraft, why does it not appear in other photos or videos?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have watched the video and its just debris coming from the trade centre and plane.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It is a chunk of thermite plasma being BLOWN out of the tower....If you get my drift....

edit on 5/2/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not to mention that it states that America killed OBL back in 2001....And now we just killed him, to boost re-election....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A search at TinEye brings up 4 sites that show this pic, including versions that have less of the picture cropped (link expires in 72 hours but you can redo the search easily)...

TineEye search

e.g. this pic from an Italian wiki page:

Also of possible interest, it looks like you can see a shadow of the object down and to its left, on the right hand tower.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
its obviously a person jumping to escape death

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the uncropped photo. Appears to be debris.

top topics

join