It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Like each and every organization, ATS was infiltrated, the moment it was conceived.

Any and all grassroots movements as well as online organizations have this problem.

No one ever thinks to look for the snake-in-the-grass, usually Agent Provocateurs, ATS is no different.

Plus not to mention during a recent influx of nonsense, during chaos, like Osama bin Laden's alleged death, news stories link ATS, alternative news stories source ATS, and as well people usually too timid to speak join after longtime lurking to join in.

During times of chaos power grabs always happen whether it is known or not known.

I've said it once and I'll say it again the terms and conditions are took lackadaisical.

Too many Nancy's out here who can't comprehend ATS would want to protect itself legally.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have been accused of having an agenda
i do
I want the truth
I want it to rule

not only have I infitrated ATS
I also have you surrounded

and hey
they say the PEN is MIGHTIER than the SWORD
so look out

edit on 2-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Why is that when we see a rise in diversity of opinion, a segment of ATS members automatically assume some nefarious reason?

You built this magnificent site dude, and you can't answer that question?

By nature, people are skeptical and question everything here... The basis for all of it is fundamentally the same.

With all of the recent news reports (I believe it is fake) that the government is seeking to deploy software to do this, then you should expect this kind of paranoia, and also... IF the government was using this here at ATS, how can you be 100% sure that it doesn't preform well enough to evade all of your detection methods????

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Im not causing disinfo, promise!

I'm on the light side, observing all of this and creating my own solutions, which I wish to share with all of you soon

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
IF the government was using this here at ATS, how can you be 100% sure that it doesn't preform well enough to evade all of your detection methods?

Because -- if such software exists -- it will have been created by the firm with the lowest-bid, cutting corners to complete the project at a profit, against specifications designed by an incompetent under-paid bureaucrat.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
IF the government was using this here at ATS, how can you be 100% sure that it doesn't preform well enough to evade all of your detection methods?

Because -- if such software exists -- it will have been created by the firm with the lowest-bid, cutting corners to complete the project at a profit, against specifications designed by an incompetent under-paid bureaucrat.

Now this is a man who knows exactly how his government works.

Ain't it the truth.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I spat up my coffee through my nose from laughing so hard...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11

Are we assuming my join date is indicative of something?

Yes. That's the idea. The "agent/infiltration schtick" has that as part of its meme. It's really not that far fetched. Look at it from this standpoint. Many of us have been here for years. We may argue over whether stars and flags, posts and Karma and Wats and poiints mean anything useful, but those indices and your points does mean one thing clearly: longevity. Someone new is not going to like the fact that longevity might be important because, after all, you put on your pants the same way, yada yada. OK, I get that, but the fact is WE don't know you where we might know each other. Over the years we have interacted. Maybe we've gotten mad at each other. Maybe we have reconciled, but surely we have learned each other's basic points of view. I know, for example, that any time I see a post about UFOs from Issac Koi, I'd better pay attention. I know the same thing about, say Gazrok.

I don't know anything about you. So if "you" (and I'm not picking on you personally or what you have said, but just using an example here) are brand new here and immediately float from thread to thread telling everyone they are stupid, if you act like a troll or do what I call 'willfully misunderstand,' then I can understand why people here might think, "Who is this guy? He just got here, yet he's throwing his battle axe around and disrupting the flow?"

Now the thing of it is, I could say the exact same thing, but if I did the guys around here would say, "Oh, that's just Schuyler again." because over the years they know I tend to be more conservative than average here, that I don't think lights in the sky prove anything, and that I roll my eyes at the 'agent/infiltration' schtickk every time it comes up, which is weekly. They may even know my misspellings may be because I can't see the screen very well, so they may be a little more tolerant of me on that score because you gotta give the old guys a little slack.

So, yeah, join date DOES matter. You have to build your reputation. But I'll tell ya, if you write coherent and legible posts, provide references and links to what you claim, and generally present your arguments without resorting to ad hominem attacks, then you will QUICKLY gain a reputation as a poster we all ought to pay attention to. If you don't, you won't. It's that simple.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don’t know it looks to me like a number of well known members are creating threads relevant to the topic to either promote relevant theories or garner attention and to bolster their stats off of the influx of traffic a big event always causes.

Some would say this thread falls into the latter category.

This though is what happens when a big story hits the news.

We tend to see then what the real majority is when people feel compelled by some momentous reason to finally speak up.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
the persona software is in full power mode and it is dead easy to drive ats content/homepage with this kind of tool

Really?

Your evidence?

On the first page of this thread, I explained how we have a system (which we may eventually provide as an open source software solution for other sites) that monitors new registrations for patterns than would indicate coordinated activity. None has been observed.

Why is that when we see a rise in diversity of opinion, a segment of ATS members automatically assume some nefarious reason?

Having done a couple threads about the HB Gary Software and other sock puppet software this is very weclome to hear.

It says a lot about the quality and integrity of the site that real efforts and solutions are being looked for and created!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Personally, I just think it's all gone a bit over-drive.

Noticed it a bit myself. Gonna refrain from posting for a few hours and then wander back out into those mounds of posts. See what I can dig up, so to speak.

Mr L

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Be advised

As many of you already know I and many others have been members here a few years and have seen some patterns develop when certain news events break and I'm well aware of this being a conspiracy site and all but, the last few hours ATS seems to have gone into OVERDRIVE

I swear, so much confusion flying around on ATS at the moment esp regarding OBL's death. I'm having a field day reading all the stereotyping and what appears to be blatant disinformation and smearing of news articles information.

It seems to me that there are quite a few "Newish" members [Not singling anybody out] who seem to be thread hopping from one thread to another. What happened to deny ignorance?

Has anybody else seen this or is catching the "Confusion" of reported stories here?
I dunno, maybe my tinfoil hat is a bit too tight this morning.

Walks off scratching his head to get some coffee

Carry on...

edit on 2-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I believe it has been infiltrated. I had a post removed for discussing "illegal" activities, and told, once it's Legal in the US it would be fine, but it is Legal in the U.S. in 14 states, and more coming.

Aparently those 14 states aren't part of the USA, or some how, they simply don't count........

The mods have been selectively censoring topics they so deem unacceptable without so much as an explanation of why....

If you aren't gonna tell me why, then -- how do you expect me to not do it again?

Doesn't make sense.... Oh and they said, certain topics couldn't be talked about without an Age Gate.

There is no such thing as age gating free speech. Even if you want to consider some topics "Adult" then create an Age Gated Sub Forum and call it a day.....

But some how that is too easy.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Terms and Conditions, 16e

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Got in trouble for that one myself one time.
edit on 5/2/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Perhaps its Mr. Complietoavoidarrest and his old friends "infiltrating? They don't seem to have too much to do these days.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Actually, I look at it in another light.

If there were no infiltrators, we wouldn't have any credibility.

Having them come in here to mess with us just lends to the fact that we are getting too close to the truth...and they ain't liking it at all!

Take it as a compliment if they pop in to one of your threads...it means you're making them nervous.

It's also a good measuring stick. The closer we get to the truth, the more aggressive they get.

They may be a pain in the @$$, but that's about it. We will always outnumber them anyway.

edit on 2-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I can't count the number of times this ran through my head today.
It's definitely happening to a degree.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by HawkMan11

Are we assuming my join date is indicative of something?

Yes. That's the idea. The "agent/infiltration schtick" has that as part of its meme. It's really not that far fetched. Look at it from this standpoint. Many of us have been here for years. We may argue over whether stars and flags, posts and Karma and Wats and poiints mean anything useful, but those indices and your points does mean one thing clearly: longevity. Someone new is not going to like the fact that longevity might be important because, after all, you put on your pants the same way, yada yada. OK, I get that, but the fact is WE don't know you where we might know each other. Over the years we have interacted. Maybe we've gotten mad at each other. Maybe we have reconciled, but surely we have learned each other's basic points of view. I know, for example, that any time I see a post about UFOs from Issac Koi, I'd better pay attention. I know the same thing about, say Gazrok.

I don't know anything about you. So if "you" (and I'm not picking on you personally or what you have said, but just using an example here) are brand new here and immediately float from thread to thread telling everyone they are stupid, if you act like a troll or do what I call 'willfully misunderstand,' then I can understand why people here might think, "Who is this guy? He just got here, yet he's throwing his battle axe around and disrupting the flow?"

Now the thing of it is, I could say the exact same thing, but if I did the guys around here would say, "Oh, that's just Schuyler again." because over the years they know I tend to be more conservative than average here, that I don't think lights in the sky prove anything, and that I roll my eyes at the 'agent/infiltration' schtickk every time it comes up, which is weekly. They may even know my misspellings may be because I can't see the screen very well, so they may be a little more tolerant of me on that score because you gotta give the old guys a little slack.

So, yeah, join date DOES matter. You have to build your reputation. But I'll tell ya, if you write coherent and legible posts, provide references and links to what you claim, and generally present your arguments without resorting to ad hominem attacks, then you will QUICKLY gain a reputation as a poster we all ought to pay attention to. If you don't, you won't. It's that simple.

I would have to agree that the "infiltration" nonsense us just that, nonsense. But i would have to respectfully disagree when you say my join date matters. Not that it's anyone else's business but my own, but my first post was hours before they announced there would be an announcement.

Regardless, i care not whether people trust me, listen to what i have to say, or believe me to be some nefarious data mining secret agent. Or something equally "possible".

Rather than join date, behavior is king. If people do not like my behavior i can't do anything for them, seeings i don't have a shred of interest in their acceptance of my behavior.

Having said that, i have no intention of adding to the rampant ignorance that seems to inhabit most threads. You take the good with the bad. Furthermore, i have no intention of violating the terms of service. So in that regard, anyone who has a problem with my presence can kindly keep it to themselves.

One last little thing. This is not meant to be an attack, or what have you. I understand my phrasing can be caustic at times, but it is due to my primary fault; Impatience.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm a new member who joined last night after the announcement. I've been reading ATS off and on for awhile and have been meaning to join for some time. I was on the signup page reading the site rules when the special report came on. I was too busy watching and complaining to finish my registration. Story of my life perfect timing to look like an idiot. As for thread jumping and causing confusion I hope no one thinks I'm here to do that. The last thing I would want to do is deter someone from the truth, especially since I'm searching for it myself.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The solution: Only read posts by people you know and trust.

Ouch, talk about limiting yourself. Stupid people can say things that help you figure out something intelligently.

Infiltrated, more like joined freely lol.
Sure why not, do I care? Nope, my mind still filters the info.

I think it's great to have different opinions!
I also think it's bad to have 70 treads on the same thing!

Hey, I can't lie, I want to be popular in real life. I'm a musician that wants to rock the world and open your hearts

But guys...stop wanting to have the most popular tread about the same subject. Just add info to the existing one

edit on 2-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Very much agreed User8911. I find it odd that such a credible member would have suggested we read only certain posts from certain members. Talk about showing your cards! I have been known to post some questionable things too though as I'm sure all of us have. So no harm no foul.

Anyhow, I have discussed and am convinced that the HB Gary software is being used on the internet but I haven't seen anything here that I can definitively say is a pattern. I think it is a good thing that there is an influx of new members.

As soon as I read this quote from Skeptic it affirmed to me that I have not seen a pattern here. I have seen some posts that sure as heck seemed computer generated but that is just my opinion and there really was no pattern to them.

On the first page of this thread, I explained how we have a system (which we may eventually provide as an open source software solution for other sites) that monitors new registrations for patterns than would indicate coordinated activity. None has been observed. Why is that when we see a rise in diversity of opinion, a segment of ATS members automatically assume some nefarious reason?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join