It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I feel compelled to answer the OP as I've joined at an interesting time.

I joined a few months ago because I read a few threads and realized that here lies a community of individual thinkers who aren't sold out to one illusion or another. This site was a great place to go to escape the ridiculousness of FOX and MSNBC and their obvious game of using the public as a giant chew toy to fight over.

A few months pass and now it seems like every thread I read is mimicking FOX or some other zombie master. And one more thing that bothers me is that the extreme right (you know who I mean) used to think that being patriotic was patriotic but those same people accuse patriotism under the Obama administration of being non-patriotic.

Obviously the double-standard (with the BC, foreign policy, Bin Laden, etc) is often caused by something as idiotic racism but that can't be all it is. And I'm not about to concede to the notion that so many fellow ATSers are that ignorant so I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume there is some other, deeper reason for this.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist so I don't know the code words used by you guys for people like that but I think it's along the lines of "shill". Is that the same as being infiltrated?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The lack of discernment is totally lost on ATS these days. Intelligence, research, and thought are rarely rewarded, while the uninformed screed of conspiracy gets ratcheted up several times when big news hits. It's definitely not the place it used to be, for the worse.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1442af22502.jpg[/atsimg]

EXACTLY!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow, You people on here are truly paranoid! I first off do not believe in bots taking over forums! If you have the LEAST bit of common sense you can discriminate between a bot and a real person. ATS is not that deep people! If TPTB were to survey ATS they would laugh their spooky asses off and disregard it totally as a reflective node of social importance.

I know from doing analytical studies from various psych models(you MUST have a comparison) that people with agendas put themselves out there like a sore thumb! I have caught a few of these agenda bearing folks on here only to laugh at them when I call them out for what they are.

I for one am not worried about unannounced visits from the "Men in Black" or life infringing consequences, like the young man here on ATS who was fired from McDonald's for speaking out about his occupation. I fear nothing and no man. I will speak my mind when I feel like it, it will be uncut and uncensored and the TRUTH!

I know everyone from Secret Service Agents to Fed's to Spooks personally and I can tell you that they have not heard of ATS nor care to, because I asked. Wouldn't you know it, they have waaayy too much important things to do than sit on a forum figuring out peoples' beliefs, political theories and mind sets.

Wow! Thank God that I have a life!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

No offense, but your books and your analytical studies of various psych models are WRONG about the strategy of the Intelligence Agencies, on Internet forums.

ATS is one of the best and it (we) is (are) costantly monitored...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists by nature are paranoid.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

First off, if you knew what a psych model was, you would know they are real subjects in real life, NOT IN BOOKS

second...I do not argue with paranoia so...

If that is what you say!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkMan11

I would have to agree that the "infiltration" nonsense us just that, nonsense. But i would have to respectfully disagree when you say my join date matters. Not that it's anyone else's business but my own, but my first post was hours before they announced there would be an announcement.

I'm not suprised you'd take that position. Next is a convoluted sentence: It doesn't matter that you think it doesn't matter. Your join date IS everyone else's business. ATS thinks so because they put it up there for everyone else to see. Your reputation is not something you can completely control except insofar as your posts are the major source of it. Now I'm not going to take the time to wade back through several pages and figure out what started all this, but not only did you just get here, you've immediately taken umbrage that this has been pointed out--in a thread that is all about this very issue. Believe it or not, it's not really about you at all. You just now walked through the door and already you're dictating to others what constitutes proper behavior here.

Think of ATS as a bar. People come here for their daily pint. The regulars may think they have their assigned seats. By and large people get along, though sometimes voices get raised. On the whole people have more or less the same interests. If it's a Steelers bar you don't root for the Packers, but few people are that stupid. See my previous post for how people interact. Now two new guys walk in.

The first one has his spurs a spinnin' and his chaps a flappin'. he looks around with a snear on his face, spits on the floor and tells the patrons they're stupid. The TV is crooked and though he hasn't even had a beer yet, he announces it tastes like piss. He saunters up to the bar, demands a bourbon and coke and says to make it snappy. He's got a chip on his shoulder a mile wide. The crowd grumbles and ignores him, but they're ready for a fight. There's tension in the air. Barkeep says, "I'm outta bourbon and don't have Coke and besides, it's a sissy drink." The guy turns to confront the bartender and half a dozen chairs slide back screeching on the wood floor as six very big men stand up.

Second guy walks into the bar with a grin on his face, says howdy to the nearest guys. He walks up to the bar and says, "You got any guinness?" The barkeep says, "WTF is a guinness?" and the guy says, "Hey, a Bud would be just fine!" and says thanks when he gets his pint. He then pulls out a few golf balls. He says to the guy next to him, "Hey, you know how to juggle?" "Nope." the guy says. "Wanna learn?" "Nope." says the guy. So the new guy juggles three golf balls, then four, then five, then gets an ovation. "I'll teach anyone here who wants how to do this. It's really easy." Before long he's got half a dozen guys juggling in th middle of the room. Everyone is laughing and having a good time.

So basically you can be an asshat or not. You choose.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

Originally posted by MrWendal
Slayer you are absolutely correct and not the only one noticing. I will even take it a few steps further and if I suddenly get banned, you can look to this statement for why.

These individuals are also protected by certain staff members on this site.

The last 48 hours have certainly been interesting for me.

Can you (would you) elaborate a little please?

I would love to elaborate, but the staff member in question has refused to respond to any u2u's regarding the actions they took.... I have been waiting like 2 or 3 days now.

I choose not to say much more than that at this time.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
Wow, You people on here are truly paranoid! I first off do not believe in bots taking over forums! If you have the LEAST bit of common sense you can discriminate between a bot and a real person. ATS is not that deep people! If TPTB were to survey ATS they would laugh their spooky asses off and disregard it totally as a reflective node of social importance.

I know from doing analytical studies from various psych models(you MUST have a comparison) that people with agendas put themselves out there like a sore thumb! I have caught a few of these agenda bearing folks on here only to laugh at them when I call them out for what they are.

I for one am not worried about unannounced visits from the "Men in Black" or life infringing consequences, like the young man here on ATS who was fired from McDonald's for speaking out about his occupation. I fear nothing and no man. I will speak my mind when I feel like it, it will be uncut and uncensored and the TRUTH!

I know everyone from Secret Service Agents to Fed's to Spooks personally and I can tell you that they have not heard of ATS nor care to, because I asked. Wouldn't you know it, they have waaayy too much important things to do than sit on a forum figuring out peoples' beliefs, political theories and mind sets.

Wow! Thank God that I have a life!

Wow, its certainly good to hear from the anti-black helicopter crowd. The paranoia on this site is unreal. I cant believe all of the people that are upset Usama is dead. You would think this would be a defining moment for the people of ATS yet they won't admit it until they see the "long form death certificate" of Usama is shown on CNN. The tea party wingnuts will never stop distrusting the government. These are the people that don't believe in the 99'th monkey or the monkey sphere and they are all a bunch of monkeys. Did it ever occur to your ConSpirs that maybe the reason special forces wanted to fly to the ocean in their helicopter, that was blown up, was because the body smelled of armpits and there wasn't time to independently verify Usama's identity with a 3rd party. Get a grip, at least I have a real life.

Hope you enjoyed the comedy

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I joined because I got sick of msm always repeating the same thing over and over never any question to what they are reporting just reporting. here you get different views on just about evertthing. i dont even look at this as a conspiracy site but a site where somtimes I get information that makes alot more sense than what I see on msm

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyful
I joined because I got sick of msm always repeating the same thing over and over never any question to what they are reporting just reporting. here you get different views on just about evertthing. i dont even look at this as a conspiracy site but a site where somtimes I get information that makes alot more sense than what I see on msm

Be extremely careful as to which wells you draw your water from, because from this forum they would have you believe that there are...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It already has been infiltrated, there is a government branch that does the lying work and they don't take any responsibility for it, which is wrong.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

I hate westboro baptist church!

Maybe we should put the ATS owners on the spot by producing ingenuous posts, forcing the ATS devs to adapt, using technology or die. Force the issue and develop counter-measures before the gov/coprorations/foreign governments can get a foothold on ATS. If the webmasters can develop effective countermeasures, truth has hope. How do you guys know this isn't a bot? I may be trying to lessen your confidence in this site via software. Even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Yarbotuna777 because: used the word ingeinous instead of ingenuous.... i'm not a doctor

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes ATS has been infiltrated.

By 4chan and "anonymous"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by HawkMan11

I would have to agree that the "infiltration" nonsense us just that, nonsense. But i would have to respectfully disagree when you say my join date matters. Not that it's anyone else's business but my own, but my first post was hours before they announced there would be an announcement.

I'm not suprised you'd take that position. Next is a convoluted sentence: It doesn't matter that you think it doesn't matter. Your join date IS everyone else's business. ATS thinks so because they put it up there for everyone else to see. Your reputation is not something you can completely control except insofar as your posts are the major source of it. Now I'm not going to take the time to wade back through several pages and figure out what started all this, but not only did you just get here, you've immediately taken umbrage that this has been pointed out--in a thread that is all about this very issue. Believe it or not, it's not really about you at all. You just now walked through the door and already you're dictating to others what constitutes proper behavior here.

Think of ATS as a bar. People come here for their daily pint. The regulars may think they have their assigned seats. By and large people get along, though sometimes voices get raised. On the whole people have more or less the same interests. If it's a Steelers bar you don't root for the Packers, but few people are that stupid. See my previous post for how people interact. Now two new guys walk in.

The first one has his spurs a spinnin' and his chaps a flappin'. he looks around with a snear on his face, spits on the floor and tells the patrons they're stupid. The TV is crooked and though he hasn't even had a beer yet, he announces it tastes like piss. He saunters up to the bar, demands a bourbon and coke and says to make it snappy. He's got a chip on his shoulder a mile wide. The crowd grumbles and ignores him, but they're ready for a fight. There's tension in the air. Barkeep says, "I'm outta bourbon and don't have Coke and besides, it's a sissy drink." The guy turns to confront the bartender and half a dozen chairs slide back screeching on the wood floor as six very big men stand up.

Second guy walks into the bar with a grin on his face, says howdy to the nearest guys. He walks up to the bar and says, "You got any guinness?" The barkeep says, "WTF is a guinness?" and the guy says, "Hey, a Bud would be just fine!" and says thanks when he gets his pint. He then pulls out a few golf balls. He says to the guy next to him, "Hey, you know how to juggle?" "Nope." the guy says. "Wanna learn?" "Nope." says the guy. So the new guy juggles three golf balls, then four, then five, then gets an ovation. "I'll teach anyone here who wants how to do this. It's really easy." Before long he's got half a dozen guys juggling in th middle of the room. Everyone is laughing and having a good time.

So basically you can be an asshat or not. You choose.

Yes my join date is everyone's business, being a available for all to see. However, i never stated that my join date was not anyones business. I was referring to my motives for joining being my own business. Which is, in fact, my business. If join date matters to you, thats great. If you choose to discount something a person says because you don't know them, that's your choice. You would also be discounting people that are here because they are long time readers and just recently decided to join.

And to assume I think that I believe something is about me? That is a stretch given that you already inferred you don't know anything about me personally.

The initial reason i decided to post was the use of the word "infiltration" which i found, and still find, humorous.

So now we get to the whole bar analogy. In a Steelers bar it would probably be worse to root for the Ravens.

www.afc-north.com...

However, If i were in a bar where the Ravens were playing on tv, I would be rooting for them be cause they are my favorite team. I wouldn't support something i don't like just to appease the status quo. Would i be the guy jumping up and down, rubbing it in the local fans face if my team is doing better? Maybe in a Steelers bar
Just kidding. But the answer is no.

On the other hand, if a Steelers (or any other fan) fan wants to talk about the game, football in general, stats, players, etc. I will not hesitate seeings it's a topic I'm interested in. I will also not hesitate to make a case as to why i think Ed reed is a better Safety then Troy Polomalu(i probably butchered that), no disrespect to Troy, if the subject comes up. But if someone in that bar thinks i couldn't possibly have anything to add to a public discussion just because i may root for a different team or think one player is better than the other, doesn't that sound like willful ignorance? Especially given the nature of a public discussion?

As for the the normal goings on at a bar, I wouldn't know. I went to a bar once when i was 21 and i wasn't impressed. Mostly because i don't drink. I went again on a friends birthday, and thats it for my bar experience. So I'll have to take your word on it. I'm just glad that ATS isn't a bar, and that maybe people would tend to be more open minded than the people you would typically meet in a bar.
edit on 3-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Because i can

edit on 3-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: Double because i can

edit on 3-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: To source Ravens-Steelers rivalry

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
yes infiltrated, there are paid shills on nearly ALL websites like this...

it's the powers that be's/were's attempts to sway consciousness through the internet...

i can tell, by tracking thier posts and/or threads, i used to do tat and then call them out, but then i started getting banned from websites..

you think "they" have not gotten to the people who run the websites?

lol

it's all good though, beause love and light will prevail/has prevailed....as it should, if you care about evolution....creation....life....love...joy and truth.

and we do, thank you

thank you

i enjoyed the game, now i am ready for peace, love, joy and truth

thank you

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
People from the CIA, NSA, FBI, M16, etc. are likely on this site and have been for years for recreational reading like I do (was in NSA). Besides, when anonymity is possible, many government agents wouldn't care about maintaining a ruse and would like to tell the truth on matters. E.g. here's a post I made which I wouldn't have made if I wasn't so careful as to hide my identity online: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm also a Mason, does that mean I'm trying to "infiltrate" this site too?

PS OBL's death is big news everywhere, not just this site, so if that's the apex of your argument for justifying possible infiltration then you are leaving much to be desired.
edit on 3-5-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Meh.. denying ignorance swings both ways you know, people tend to forget that.

Is there a conspiracy behind EVERY natural disaster, every major world event, every war, every video, every article on any news station? Of course not. But if you believed everything on this and similar boards, you would think there was.

Sometimes a scandal, a war, a death, a plane crash, an earthquake or a comet is just what it seems. Can you really blame people for trying to inject a bit of common sense into the proceedings?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
Anyone is allowed onto ATS. I don't understand the point this topic is trying to get at.

People from the CIA, NSA, FBI, M16, ETC. are likely on this site...some likely for recreational reading like I do. I was in the NSA for 2 years myself so I guess that proves my point.

Why not ask the Network Administrator who keeps a log of resolved ip's?

Why would the NSA, CIA, FBI come to ATS to hear fodder being chewed? when you KNOW after it is all processed through the "digital gut" that it comes out as steamy, BULL$#!T!

Is ATS representative of 90% or better of the general public's view? No.

Will they take you away, or get you fired from your Mickey D's job? Yes.

ATS is just a general forum people that ANYONE can join.

Has there been prior interest in ATS from TPTB?

YES!

Why?

ANYONE who is stupid enough to publicly announce their disdain for their government on the net is a loon, therefore plausible threat elements maybe on the forum.

To be honest with you, sites like these attract paranoia/schizophrenic entities, and government haters

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join