It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hmmm. Interesting.

A small bit about me before I comment. I would appear to be a "newbie" here. I only signed up about a week ago to comment. I've been reading this site for years but have, for no articulable reason, just now signed up to comment. However, I have commented on political and entertainment sites since their inception. To give you some idea where I stand on "conspiracy" issues, I am convinced the U.S., at a minimum, permitted 9/11 to occur to control our society. I think the government has been hiding the truth about aliens for years. I think the Obama birth certificate issue is just fu****g stupid. (I am NO fan of Obama).

I think what you may be noticing is a direct result of conspiracy theories becoming main stream. There is no longer any check on our politicians saying utterly ignorant things. There is no way, even 10 years ago, a Palin or Bachman or Trump would make it to day two of a political career.

I have also noticed an uptick of comments on other sites. So, are "we" being infiltrated? Of course. There has been many a recent revelation of people being hired to comment and call talk shows (Limbaugh's show for instance).

So I conclude it is probably a combination of the two, i.e. infiltration coupled with a significant uptick in these issues as they have reached the mainstream.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes I agree with you.
but not all are diss info agents.
the are brain wash’t to believe it all.
they belive all they are told on TV.
and totally believe in the government.
you have to remember that the have taken
over then minds of most of the people.
Never believe ANY thing you are told.
always examine the evidence for your self.
and always keep an Open mind.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Since the Kennedy's, the days of Nixon, 9/11, the second Bush, and now Obama people tend to have a sense of distrust and no faith in their government. And after the examples I have just listed, can you blame them.
The system has created the conspiracies, the paranoia if you want to call it that, and all of the distrust.
So, what do you expect when something of this magnitude of Osama Bin Laden hits the bought and paid for main stream news media. Do you expect every body to bend over backwards and all be like sheep? I don't think so.
Some of the attitude on here is some times mind boggling, and then some times strangely suspicious.
This is the nature of the site, it's meant to be like this, there are all kinds of minds out there. The ones I don't like are the ones that try to stifle free speech.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by greydaze
Paranoia strikes deep..
Now I know the reason why I stopped coming around the site..Because it's chock full of paranoia.
Never used to be like this,or at least not that bad..Yeah I reg back in 09,but I was a longtime lurker before I joined.Now today even the smallest of things have become an automatic conspiracy.Deny ignorance?more like deny,and ignore reality...

BOO,I'm the Boogeyman..

Sorry man, but the Paranoia you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with finding out frightening things. By delibaretely confusing the one with the other, you are in fact putting out a tendency to look no further, because its all only "paranoia" anyway. Who pays your bills, Jack?

Now you found out the reason why you stopped coming here, strange anough, because you are obviously here, but now you know why. Before that, you where confused about why you did not come anymore, but now that you are still coming in spite of it all, you know why you stopped coming. I got to hand it to you, you are a true genius, my man!
edit on 3-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I hear you, and your concerns have been embedded within my own theories for a while now, quite conveniently such seems to have increased in noticeable intensity not long after the U.S of A announced its War on Conspiracies. (off topic - How many War on Nouns can you get away with, anyway?) This is a matter in which I have silently sat back and watched develop in my daily perusing.

It is such a fact, which has kept me from commenting. In fact, I could not even remember my old login it’s been so long since I have left my opinions to be scrutinized with unjust childish insolence. I have nothing against constructive criticism, and love having the holes in my theories pointed out but the manner in which such is often delivered is from a dark abyss of the heart, lacking understanding or a sound of solid judgement. So I, as am sure countless others, have just hung back, watched and read, and taken it all in and waited for when the time is right. I will one day share my observations, but I loath to hasten into a trap. I have held back out of a combined sense of wishing to flesh out my theories and provide as much evidence as possible as well as a matured understanding that I need to be sure this is the right community, that it is not too infiltrated, to pursue such topics.

My opinion on such waivers, a sad fact because I know amongst the fear-breathing and paid-confusion there are real truth seekers here, those with diplomatic tact and a desire to get to the bottom of it, the truth, whatever that is. I created this account just now, despite my preference as a silent observer, to let you know that you are not alone. We are still here, amidst the infiltrated chaos – it’s just gotten much messier as of late.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't think slayer is being paranoid. I think he has too much experience here (as do many) to fall prey to himself.
We're all searching for the truth, and a pattern is a pattern. We all know that when we step into the light, people are gonna be watching from their little peepholes trying to derail our trains. No problem; it's always been a fight to get to the truth. I for one appreciate even those small pieces of the truth I have found here, and I'll sort it out for myself. Thanks to the owners and the elders, and let's keep it coming. We've got a war to survive!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Order from Chaos

Am I Right?

That is correct.

A little bit of chaos creates more order than anyone knows.

This is why False-Flag Operations work so damn well.

As does deniability when chaos happens and someone takes advantage of it.

Prepare for disaster, disaster happens, clean up afterwards while doing away with prior controls.

This is the Hegelian Dialectic in action.

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

This is as well how and why President's get more power during crisis and emergency.

Because during times of crisis and emergency people seldom know how to lead themselves.

Let alone others.

We as a society, both conspiracy theorists and non-conspiracy theorists, lack pre-planning.

As well as the funding to have contingency plans in place with any merit.

There are however single individuals who pre-plan and have contingency plans.

Those are the few who will survive.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think it is safe to assume that our pipelines of information have all been "infiltrated". As a new member
I would like to clear my name that I am not a disinformation agent!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel

Paranoia strikes deep..
Now I know the reason why I stopped coming around the site..Because it's chock full of paranoia.
Never used to be like this,or at least not that bad..Yeah I reg back in 09,but I was a longtime lurker before I joined.Now today even the smallest of things have become an automatic conspiracy.Deny ignorance?more like deny,and ignore reality...

BOO,I'm the Boogeyman..

Sorry man, but the Paranoia you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with finding out frightening things. By delibaretely confusing the one with the other, you are in fact putting out a tendency to look no further, because its all only "paranoia" anyway. Who pays your bills, Jack?

What an excellent way to confuse long time members. I could code a bot that posts one ridiculous paranoid thread coupled with a hot button issue that makes one thread per day and over time erode your confidence in the site. I could grab the text for the post from a more lunatic/fringe website. It would take no more than a couple copy and pastes, and some mouse clicks.

This is why I'm saying ATS needs a test before each post that absolutely verify that the poster is human. If the webmaster does not like this idea I would like to know why. Most people here, I think, would like the peace of mind even if it took a few extra seconds to post/reply.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Yarbotuna777 because: said piece instead of peace, lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I don't understand this thread

Everyone knows Slayer is CIA...

doh...

No they are not!

They are death polka band. Right?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

This is my first post. It will serve as a test to view my settings and to comment on this thread.

First off, many who have posted to this thread are not keeping their comments focused to the thread topic. It would be beneficial if the site moderators could take off topic comments and move them to the appropriate thread if applicable. I know that this would be time consuming. Filtering through the rubbish is time consuming as well (to say the least). I don't know that this is due to ignorance or a slow learning curve by some users. I like the theme of "Deny ignorance". Infiltration may be perceived as an increased usage due to a higher abundance of Internet access technology, (i.e. smartphones etc...).

I am new to this site and hope that it will provide me with information to better understand some of today's events and share my perceptions with other critical thinkers. I hope to engage in intelligent communications with others.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarbotuna777

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel

Paranoia strikes deep..

BOO,I'm the Boogeyman..

What an excellent way to confuse long time members. I could code a bot that posts one ridiculous paranoid thread coupled with a hot button issue that makes one thread per day and over time erode your confidence in the site. I could grab the text for the post from a more lunatic/fringe website. It would take no more than a couple copy and pastes, and some mouse clicks.

This is why I'm saying ATS needs a test before each post that absolutely verify that the poster is human. If the webmaster does not like this idea I would like to know why. Most people here, I think, would like the peace of mind even if it took a few extra seconds to post/reply.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Yarbotuna777 because: said piece instead of peace, lol

I rest my case...I'm done here.
edit on 3-5-2011 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ontarff
reply to post by Scytherius

This is my first post. It will serve as a test to view my settings and to comment on this thread.

First off, many who have posted to this thread are not keeping their comments focused to the thread topic. It would be beneficial if the site moderators could take off topic comments and move them to the appropriate thread if applicable. I know that this would be time consuming. Filtering through the rubbish is time consuming as well (to say the least). I don't know that this is due to ignorance or a slow learning curve by some users. I like the theme of "Deny ignorance". Infiltration may be perceived as an increased usage due to a higher abundance of Internet access technology, (i.e. smartphones etc...).

I am new to this site and hope that it will provide me with information to better understand some of today's events and share my perceptions with other critical thinkers. I hope to engage in intelligent communications with others.

I think we also could use a system that tracks and blocks people automatically due to off topic posts. That coupled with a human verification system at registration would deter spam posts for both human and non-human members. I know it's not perfect but it would serve to keep people on topic. A system to ban the IP addresses of these people would be nice but I know there are a billion ways around that. If a user constantly posts off topic trash, they are not contributing to the site.

We need to use technology to our advantage or perish.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Yarbotuna777 because: premature post

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Youre in a room, a large room, youve been in the room for awhile, youve met people, made friends, the room continues to accept new people through the front door at a fairly steady rate,
news travels through the room, some things you hear, you like, some you dislike,
some people that you meet, you like, some you dislike.
Something of significance happens.
Which do you notice more?
100 new people with agendas squawking running through the front door,
or 100 people with agendas squawking who've been room residents for awhile?

[As I walk along, within the flock, behind a tree, beside a rock, one set of eyes, and then another, staring hungry at my brother. Through sun and storm, in day and night, to our left and to our right, and all the hoof beats raise the din, those staring eyes are fixed on him. I see the ambush set to fall, but I'm ignored when out I call. My brother walks along and sees, those staring eyes are fixed, on me!]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Definetly!!! after all its not hard is it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Definetly!!! after all its not hard is it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Youre in a room, a large room, youve been in the room for awhile, youve met people, made friends, the room continues to accept new people through the front door at a fairly steady rate,
news travels through the room, some things you hear, you like, some you dislike,

[As I walk along, within the flock, behind a tree, beside a rock, one set of eyes, and then another, staring hungry at my brother. Through sun and storm, in day and night, to our left and to our right, and all the hoof beats raise the din, those staring eyes are fixed on him. I see the ambush set to fall, but I'm ignored when out I call. My brother walks along and sees, those staring eyes are fixed, on me!]

Nice, but I just don't have the time to read 100 squakers posts. Maybe it's a sign of the times.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarbotuna777

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Nice, but I just don't have the time to read 100 squakers posts. Maybe it's a sign of the times.

Neither do I, so I pick my fruit wisely, just like you.
By the way, welcome to the room.
edit on 3-5-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hi, "Newish" member here ; ) First of all, you're damn right that ATS has been infiltrated. Do you really think that the powers that be would let a hugely popular site like this go unaddressed? Ask yourself what you would do if you were them. In fact, one of ATS's own members recently posted a thread that described the use of autobot programs that make it appear as though hundreds of "real" people are conversing about mass protests in order to ignite those very protests. The information war has been waging for decades and you can bet your ass it's happening on ATS.

So now it's nearly impossible to sort out what's real. You can't do it by weighing the "facts" because half of it is deliberate misinformation that's impossible to sort out. For this reason, our own mental reasoning can be used against us extremely effectively. The result is that we're motivated to take action in support or against causes we "believe" in. Get it?

The only thing to trust is our own "intuition". And we can learn to develop it. It's not just a "gift" that some people have. It can easily be developed. I'm going to post a thread on that shortly...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sorry Slayer, your thread = dead. I think your thread is one of the most important threads on ATS but the Jersey Shore watchers of ATS have voted otherwise. Peace and long life. I recommend investing your time in real change, like growing a garden and inventing/perfecting technology that get people off the grid....however small it may be. Times have a'changed. You want to stick it to these mother trucks.... invent something they hate.

Look at the 2 main posts on the top.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Yarbotuna777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join