It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The eyelids movement at :34-35 sec looks so natural. Like a real living thing.

If you look close enough, you can see part of the forehead moving as well the instant it blinks. If this is a fake, its a well done job.
edit on 3-5-2011 by joscarfas because: To add second line

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Ha ha...I do agree but I assure you I'm quite legit. I never claimed to be anything else.... but 11 years of working in this business gives me the right to know a thing or two.

Like I said...very well done but all of it is pretty easily with todays software/hardware.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Apocalyptic

The eyelids movement at :34-35 sec really caught my attention. Based on your experience, how difficult would be to do something like this?

Could you create something like that with any of the available software you may have used yourself?

No punt intended, I'm no expert. But to my average mind this looks so real, like a real living thing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I believe this is a CGI mainly because of the motions the alien goes through.. they look pre-determined in order to prove that it isn't just a dude in a rubber suit.. Just dosen't seem to move with a mind of it's own..

Also, I believe there's a new game in the UFO series coming out.. this could be a trailer for it..lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
And let me break this down a bit more too. A few things:

1. The sound of the projector - Stupid. Are we to believe that the video WE are seeing is shot video with a camera of a projected film reel? Also...projectors...good or bad...don't usually speed up or down. The clicking sound is very constant even on old projectors so you wouldn't get a noticeable difference in the rate.

2. Time code in bottom left - This screams fake. Time code is almost NEVER seen as hours/min/seconds. The last digits are always FRAMES. So for film, it would be 24 frames per second. So each time that counter reaches 24, the seconds would advanced. Its usually min/sec/frames or for movies hours/min/sec/frames. But even bigger is that time code never existed in old film!!!! DOH!!! Time code didn't come around until much later with the use of tapes. It certainly doesn't appear on the actual film shot on old cameras from that era. Lastly...the time code appears to almost flicker in and out like its part of the film...lame...if it was captured video of the original printed film...the code would be very dark/contrasted and bright...very new looking. Not old. But time code leads me to believe that what we are seeing is not the actual printed film but video...but see my point #1...we wouldn't hear the clicking.

3. Alien - very good attempt at a digital alien but I can see some issues. They immediately make a mistake with the eye blinking. It looks way too exaggerated and forceful. Like someone with a twitch. Eye blinks are much faster and natural looking. The artist also made his work much easier by avoiding detailed lighting. Its hard to make out much with such grainy footage so you can get away with a lot. Artist is also avoiding a lot by not bothering to animate the hands much or anything else on the face. No walking, shifting or anything else to really sell it.

So in the end...a big fake. Some of the mistakes are very noticeable and immediately give it away like the time code and sound. Good attempt but can't fool me.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Apocalyptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
its fake alright..... the use of magic bullets misfire for the aging sort of gives it away big time though lol. Not hard to do. There are so many give ways on this few clips that it'd take a good few posts to explain. Short clips, 'shakey cam' and blurred and faded footage are the easiest ways to make something look right. Plus you do realise the eye balls would actually interpenetrate inside the head I assume?

Wayne...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think the arms are much longer when showing him standing from the front than when he is in the side lifting his arm comprende?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Faked by someone with a Darwinian mind.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnocentBystander
reply to post by Swills

Nah, film cameras don't record sound, so there is no reason for the projector noise. It's obviously been added. The question is, why would someone add a projector sound to a real video?

Well, we had some old super 8mm film that we wanted to record. We set up the projector, and filmed it with a digital camera. Worked well, except you could hear the noise from the projector...

So, I dunno about using projector noise solely to debunk the video....

But, that first arm movement, where 'it' reaches out to push a button or something... Looks like something from the muppets or sesame street....

Either way, interesting video...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hello,

I know everything about the way an alien moves, looks, acts and what mannerisms an alien has.

Therefore i can 100% say it is fake.

/sarcasm

Jesus people, seriously think for a moment, how the HELL do you know what an alien would look or act like? How it would move?

How do you know an alien doesn't blink like that? Moves more or less "fluid" than us? Or anything for that matter.

Simple fact is, you don't.

Anyway after that annoyance, it looks pretty good to me, more convincing than most, but in all honesty, short of breaking news I'd find it hard to believe, even with as much as i would like to believe it.

But yes, the effects of the video are slightly odd, the sound i dont really find an issue, it is not hard or uncommon to attach a microphone to a video recorder...

edit on 3/5/11 by Concept X because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UB2120
reply to post by Demoncreeper

So many people are so quick to label something fake. Like the Jerusalem UFO video. Everyone is an expert at debunking. I like to ask the question, what would it take for you guys to consider something is real? I guess admission from authorities with an official video? Eye witness account is no longer good enough, video either by camera or cell phone is not good enough. Even seeing something on government controlled cameras, like traffic cams, is not good enough.

This wasn't a traffic camera or government controlled camera.

And so, I would MUCH rather be cautious than gullible. I want to believe in "aliens" and all that stuff. That is one of the main reasons I joined ATS. I believe the truth will emerge here first. Eventually.

I just don't think this is it.

If you want some credentials on why I believe it is fake, ok. I work in a big brother "ish" job. I work with camera's all day long. I work with digital video, analog video, reeled video, and I work with exporting and editing software. For a long time I've done this. More than 10 years. 8 years in an industry is enough to get "expert" status for the purposes for commercial consulting.

Here are some reasons for my OPINION. First of all, that "reel" sound is a sound font you can find bundled in with adobe after effects and other editing programs. It is pretty clear and crisp in the video that is over 50 years old. If the video was crappy and withered, the sound of the reel should also be.

The shutter speed and frame rate is another issue. The video is smoother than some of your mentioned "traffic cams".

The "aging" and "scratched" effects are repetitive. Aging and scratching are also options in adobe after effects, and other multiple MULTIPLE movie editing software that is included on standard pc's and mac's.

Youtube is an excellent venue for testing a persons "skillz" with these types of software. It is becoming less and less a credible and reliable source of "factual" information.

I have to remain cautious and skeptical. Believing anything is panic inducing. I've worked in law enforcement as well. I have a hard time believing MOST people.

Like I said, I would like to believe. I have had a few "questionable" sightings myself. The main reasons I joined this site. But the motto here is "Deny Ignorance". Not "Close your eyes and believe everything on youtube".

I'm simply keeping my eyes open. People love to fool people.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Demoncreeper because: REASON

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So the atmosphere is fine for them as if humans who left and returned... I dont know good footage.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The atmosphere on the earth is good for "wants to say something".

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by realitydiscovered

Us all
or not real

edit on 5/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well, we had some old super 8mm film that we wanted to record. We set up the projector, and filmed it with a digital camera. Worked well, except you could hear

Hey...you may be on to something.... Viral marketing for Abrams' Super 8 movie maybe?
Wouldn't be the first time....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is definitely CGI. I'm sure. I show this to my familiar alien friend and he said that this CGI because this creature doesn't remind to him any know species in our galaxy. And he know what he is saying because this alien is also expert in CGI.

edit on 3-5-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've been looking at this video off and on since I saw it yesterday try to figure out if it was real or faked. While I lean towards the idea it is most likely fake. Most of these videos tend to be hoaxes so we've all been conditioned to except them to fake.

After watching and rewatching I don't think the alien in the video is CGI, as many suggest. The alien to me seems to be physical. My first thought was an anamorphic puppet, due to the lack of motion you would think there should be (but who us can honestly say we're experts in alien behavior). The hand moving at about 0:35 (front view) is a nice detail.

Now as the video itself, well anyone that knows anything about digital effects can tell you making a video look like it was shot on a 8mm or similar camera just takes a digital CGI filter. Other tells that video is questionable is the time stamp that fades in out more than the rest of the picture. I assume the time stamp was added after it was recorded. While the time stamp fade is odd anyone else notice the actual date is blacked out, which implies that video mostly likely past through a third party before being post on Youtube. Another point there is a approximately 19mins missing from the middle of the video (between the side view and the front view shot).

Over all it looks like it was recorded from a film screen which would add to graininess a bit and explain the projector camera noise running in the background

Honestly it could go either way Fake or Real. It could just as easily be faked even if it was real.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The thing that makes me believe this could be real is the small little side to side or shifty human like movements this " alien " makes. Like the slight little motion of the body on 2-3 occasions in the video where it is just too real looking to be fake. I need to watch the video a few more times though, but yea I didn't focus on the eyes so much I was more noticing all the movements that seemed to flow together like that of a living creature/being..

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join