It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden's hideout revealed (and crashed US helo!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

A Pakistani soldier stands near a compound where it is believed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden lived in Abbottabad, Pakistan on Monday, May 2

A crashed military helicopter is seen near the hideout of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden after a ground operation by US Special Forces in Abbottabad on May 2

SOURCE: photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

There are a couple more photos of the compound but they didn't seem to offer any more info.

Sure looks like he was living large-for them in that area.

Something tells me the Paks knew what was up and most likely aided him.

Really, I think it is a wonder the US got OBL. But thank God they did.

So, here is the Black Hawk. I didn't see any major explosive damage( in the little you can see). Knowing our stuff on Black Op Missions, most likely mechanical failure. Thankfully no one died on our side (the good side).
edit on 5/2/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/2011 by anon72 because: edited to add source.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Black hawk down huh? This whole story theyre feeding us isn't adding up! Sweet find btw, Ty!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

There are a couple more photos of the compound but they didn't seem to offer any more info.

No link? I would like to see the other pictures that you say don't seem to offer any more info, i'll do that deciding myself thank you.

OBL is not dead.

I will believer that when i see a real time film of him getting shot, no matter how cruel or nasty it is, proof is proof. Since this is missing, i dont buy into this.

Reminder....

Remember Saddam Hussein?????

There was a video of soldiers pulling him out a small hole in the ground, as there was a video of him getting hung!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
MSM reported last nite, that there was no phones or TV at the compound where OBL was killed. I guess that huge satellite dish in the OP's first picture was for looks?
edit on 2-5-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In another thread it was claimed that a reporter described the operation as GRIM before getting cut off.

Maybe they shot down a US blackhawk and killed the US special forces and they are trying to cover it up by saying they killed bin laden??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Crap. Here is the Link.

My bad.

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

And, to the last poster, yes, it was reported he had no phones/internet/Sat. But I also saw the disk. Doesn't mean it was working?

I think we need to dig more.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for the link, now i believe you that the other images aren't really adding to the story. Still i find this whole thing odd, and still i do not buy into it. First of, the CIA SAT image from 2004/2011 (Looks like they had a hunch of where OBL would build a hide out). But oke it could have been a preventif image of the area, i will leave that open.

I will stick to my own opinion on this, and that is: OBL is not dead, there would have been footage/coverage of the operation like what happend to Saddam Husseins capture/dead.. Remember soldiers pulling SH out from a small hole in the ground, and the leaked footage of SH being hung??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
In another thread it was claimed that a reporter described the operation as GRIM before getting cut off.

Maybe they shot down a US blackhawk and killed the US special forces and they are trying to cover it up by saying they killed bin laden??

Are you serious? Such a big news to cover up special forces that were killed who were operating without a formal pakistan government approval?

Nope. They would cover that up by providing a statement indicating that as a special peace mission gone wrong due to mechanical failure and then explain somehow to the pakistani government in the background.

However just because of this news and operation, it does not mean a thing that OBL was killed day before. I think he was taken out a long time ago
but thats just me.

However it is confusing to read

Another resident, Nasir Khan, said commandos had encircled the compound as three helicopters hovered overhead. "All of a sudden there was firing toward the helicopters from the ground," said Khan, who watched the drama unfold from his roof. "There was intense firing and then I saw one of the helicopters crash."

LINK 3
edit on 2-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
SkyNews reported VERY early on in last night's coverage that it was an Apache helicopter (three times that I heard) and that three crew members were killed (only heard this once). I reported that in the main/initial/big thread on the topic. US stations didn't report the helicopter crash until at least three hours later.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I don't think they would have taken Apaches that far inland for a Spec Ops (sneak attack). IMO.

You can see this one is a Blackhawk-used to transport troops etc.

And, I think one can see that they did a hard landing but intact. Everyone walked away most likely. But, did they fly another one in to replace that one or all jump on the one remaining one?

This whole matter is starting to stink to high heavens.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Okay. Just saying what they reported early on. MSNBC (and probably others) has since reported that we destroyed the helicopter ourselves. SOP, I guess.

Bin Laden was indeed holed up in a two-story house 100 yards from a Pakistani military academy when four helicopters carrying U.S. forces swooped in . His guards opened fire on the commandos, and his final hiding place was left in flames, witnesses said.

One of the helicopters was forced to land unexpectedly because the steep walls of the compound left too little air beneath it to allow it to hover over the scene as planned, a senior administration official told NBC News' Courtney Kube.

The same condition made it impossible for the helicopter to take off afterward, the official said, leading U.S. forces to destroy the craft on the ground to protect its technology and intelligence.

U.S. officials said no Americans were hurt in the operation.

Source

Haven't seen anything else saying what kind they were. Here's one artcle saying they were Navy out of Ft Campbell and another article saying the specific one that stayed on the ground and was destroyed might have been Sikorsky helicopters, as you said, Black Hawks.

edit on 5/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I am seriously beginning to wonder if we can believe much of anything coming out about this operation.

Honest.

And, I don't want to be That Guy....

Obama's chance to make a big mistake will not letting the American people see that S-of-B dead photos and reports etc. He will be back to being behind the 8 Ball if he clams up about this.

People want Proof-Positive. End-of-Story

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For a man who was considered a good cave builder, I'm surprised he didn't have some underground tunnel so he could escape at the first sign of trouble.

top topics

join