It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay Bin Laden is Dead.. Now QUICK bury him at Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Osama bin Laden, the face of global terrorism and architect of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, was killed in a firefight with elite American forces Monday, then quickly buried at sea in a stunning finale to a furtive decade on the run

news.yahoo.com...

Who the hell does that?
Who the hell kills someone and then QUICKLY bury him at sea?
The mafia, or someone faking a death?

In other news I won the lottery this morning however my lottery ticket spontaneously combusted while in my hand.
How do I claim my prize?

This administration is a complete joke!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They were burying him in accordance with Islamic burial practices. After his death, his body would have had to be buried within 24 hours.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I wonder how many months warships will circle the burial area to prevent his body from being recovered. What about currents? I bet they just shut down the oceans.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
They were burying him in accordance with Islamic burial practices. After his death, his body would have had to be buried within 24 hours.

Really?
What about the other thousands of muslims killed?
Did they do this also for every insurgent, every civialian casualty and every taliban?

Or does only the alleged 911 mastermind deserve a proper islamic burial?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I could'nt stop laughing when I heard this "news" this morning......

Most of us all knew OBL was dead years ago......

buried at sea......what a load of utter bullcrap!

The REAL question is......why Obama comes out wth it now? Sounds like someone/s was about to open a can of worms over the coming days.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Who's to say that they didn't bury others in a proper Islamic way? If the US wasn't in possession of their remains though, like they were of OBL's, it's not their concern to do things the Islamic way.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Abbotabad is 1,000 kilometers from any sea.
Sounds convenient to me

Meanwhile, the Mississippi is about to flood, Fukushima radiation is off the charts, Israeli jets are preparing to bomb Iran and the USD is about to slide into the abyss.
Nothing to see here, move along folks.
oh, and the dead OBL pic is fake as $3 bill.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Source for this claim? From what I've been able to find, Islamic customs is to bury soon so that embalming or unncecessary disturbing of the body is avoided. Found nothing about sea burial being necessary either.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah they said the reason i think they are going to use his head to clean up the oil spill in the gulf of mexico

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Why does the Muslim who doesn't practice true faith have to be buried in accordance with the Muslim beliefs? They should've toured his body around the US on a block of ice.

I do find it interesting that the CIA was tasked with targetting the (alleged) "ex"-CIA operative. Was it really a hunt to find him, or was it more like "Oh hell, its time to fly to the compound to kill Osama."?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

www.al-islam.org...

If it is feared that an enemy may dig up the grave and exhume the dead body and amputate its ears or nose or other limbs, it should be lowered into sea, if possible, as stated in the foregoing rule.

It's also being said that they didn't want the body to be buried on land to become a shrine.

I think we have to be patient and see what proof comes out.
edit on 5/2/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is a thread already on this and him being buried at sea, why make another?!

Here it is
Osama Buried at Sea....within 24hrs..Really?
edit on 5/2/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add link

link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I could'nt stop laughing when I heard this "news" this morning......

Most of us all knew OBL was dead years ago......

buried at sea......what a load of utter bullcrap!

The REAL question is......why Obama comes out wth it now? Sounds like someone/s was about to open a can of worms over the coming days.....

I think it's to enable a withdraw from Afghanistan and make Obama look like a hero......just before election time. But I agree with you 100% His kidneys would not have allowed him to last this long. But he did serve his purpose as a place to hang all that anger on.

link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Agree with you 100%....this is a wag the dog load of tosh, that has been released to deflect from the major events engulfing the world.

My god, do they really believe that anyone with half a brain, is going to believe this ridiculous story

Interesting as well that the price of oil has dropped and the markets in Asia and Europe have rallied, not sure if the market rally is based on futures though...but whatever, you can bet your grubby bottom dollar that money will be made outta this lil' charade.

Pakistan involvement is probably part of the wider picture as well ....all very interesting ???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

How convenient. Last night while I was watching the reports come in I said to myself if the conspiracy theories are true than there is no way we will ever see this body. Sure enough, I wake up this morning and here this. What a crock!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Re-election

Vote Obama, the president who finally got Osama Killed!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Found nothing about sea burial being necessary either.

I didn't mean so much that the sea burial was necessary; just that the body had to be buried. From what I've gathered, they buried him at sea so that his final resting place wouldn't become a shrine.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The election is over a year away. I doubt that this will play very much into Obama's reelection at all; especially once the excitement wears away and Americans realize that things still aren't exactly peaches 'n' cream.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This story has stench written all over it. I've been holding my tongue over the breaking news of his death because I wanted to explore both sides. Both the mainstream story that he was just killed and the conspiracy theories that he died long ago.

But this story is like a neon sign giving credence to the conspiracy theories. Buried at sea to respect Islamic burial practices? No way. Although not as religious as Osama, Sadaam and his sons were buried after MUCH rigmarole in the media, photos of the deceased, examinations of the bodies, and a public execution of Sadaam. And he was supposedly small potatoes to Osama.

So we're to believe the most wanted man of our time was quietly slipped into the ocean? I truly hope nobody believes this.

Now I really am concerned this is a set up for a false flag operation or a genuine retaliatory terrorist attack.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in one of the exsiting threads such as this one.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join