It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli jets prepare in Iraq to strike Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Israeli jet fighters have reportedly conducted drills at a military base in Iraq in order to strike targets inside Iran.

Now, i dont really know what to make of this, its from an Iranien news agency so it might just be propaganda, but we have known for a long time that Israel is ready and waiting to strike Iran and even wanred them in the past that they only have a limited amount of time to give up their nuclear ambitions.

So maybe there could be some truth in this story, what would iran gain from lying about it, nothing.

www.presstv.ir...

Worth reading this also: www.offnews.info...

26/02/2011 | Israel could still strike Iran, despite Mideast unrest
Aluf Benn

While chaos and change reigned supreme, Iran succeeded in repairing its uranium-enrichment plant after the cyber attack by the Stuxnet computer worm.

The uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya have focused Israeli attention on the west, and overshadowed the disturbing news from the east: Iran has succeeded in repairing its uranium-enrichment plant at Natanz, whose functioning had been disrupted by the Stuxnet computer worm.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

so it might just be propaganda

Might be a dress rehearsal or show of force but Israel have been restrained by the US for at least a few years now and it's the last thing the US needs right now. Nutjob terrorist is back to work in Iran so maybe these drills scared the little man!

edit on 2-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Itop1

so it might just be propaganda

Might be a dress rehearsal or show of force but they have been restrained by the US for at least a few years now and it's the last thing the US needs right now. Nutjob terrorist is back to work in Iran so maybe these drills scared the little man!

You say its the last thing they need, but then why did they get themselves involved in Libya, to me it sounds like they havn't had enough quite yet and Israeli jets might well be preparing for "The next phase", Israel have been warning Iran for the last couple of years, the CIA attempted to stop the Iran nuclear programe with the stuxnet, but now Iran have recovered from this and are yet again progressing, Amadinijad (whatever his name is) has gone in to hiding, maybe they know and are expecting it to all kick off soon?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
just as a side note:
John Lear predicted Israel
would strike Iran in 2008.
So we'll see I guess if he
was right.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
just as a side note:
was right.

Do you know when he predicted that would happen, i dont really follow predictions but it would be interesting if he said summer 2011 or something along those lines

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

he also claimed the moon had a breathable atmosphere.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

but then why did they get themselves involved in Libya,

Because they are in NATO. The Libya situation was pushed mainly by the French then the British. They are at the coal face in the work but are taking a back seat as far as the command. Obligations!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Do you know when he predicted that would happen, i dont really follow predictions but it would be interesting if he said summer 2011 or something along those lines

it was part of his 2008 project camelot interview.
part 2 of 4 I think.

But I don't remember him putting a time
frame on the attack. or a particular date.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Glad you stayed on ATS! But mate "Blind Freddy" can see that coming some day. Probably not now though. I could be wrong! Who knows!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

but then why did they get themselves involved in Libya,

Because they are in NATO. The Libya situation was pushed mainly by the French then the British. They are at the coal face in the work but are taking a back seat as far as the command. Obligations!

Yea true, but considering the US have just done an operation on Pakistani soil to kill osama bin laden without Pakistans knowledge is a pretty bold move, considering all things recently, i really dont think the US government gives a #, they want in on Libya as much as everyone else, the reason why they are taking a backseat in commanding it is PURELY a PR stunt... Obama doesnt wanna be slated as a warmonger like bush was.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

This is the reason why the last thing they need is Israel going at it right now! However they are pretty busy right now even though they do have capacity to do more if they want! When a withdrawal from either Iraq or Afghanistan is announced they it will probably hot up with Iran!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Itop1

This is the reason why the last thing they need is Israel going at it right now! However they are pretty busy right now even though they do have capacity to do more if they want! When a withdrawal from either Iraq or Afghanistan is announced they it will probably hot up with Iran!

All america has to do is supply Israel with the tools to do the job and sit back and enjoy the fireworks, the US is too far from Iran to be too conceanred about any reprisal so its not gonna be much skin off their nose and these days the fighting is usually done by sea to land missiles and air to land, ground troops wouldnt even need to get involved.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

… its from an Iranien news agency so it might just be propaganda, but we have known for a long time that Israel is ready and waiting to strike Iran and even wanred them in the past that they only have a limited amount of time to give up their nuclear ambitions.

I think you’ll find that anything coming from Presstv, the Iranian state controlled mouthpiece should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

So maybe there could be some truth in this story, what would iran gain from lying about it, nothing.

The question to ask is why would Iran be reporting this type of thing? The answer is to keep the Iranian population on their toes and diverted from the events in the rest of the Middle East and North Africa, where despotic regimes (just like the one in Iran) are being threatened by their own people. Of course, Iran has shown that they are capable of quelling any internal opposition by using force, but they must have an eye on Syria where brutal suppression does not seem to be going as it usually does. I bet the State security forces are on overtime in Iran at this very minute.

Another question to ask is what would Israel gain from attacking Iran? At the moment they would gain very little and only act to harden attitudes and quieten the unrest across the Muslim world. Which is why Israel won’t act and the US and everyone else will sit back. Why act when there is a good chance the enemy will implode – chance would be a fine thing.

Yet another question is what Iraq would gain. Nothing. That is why Israeli aircraft are not in Iraq.

Regards

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

aww what a shame...i got really excited reading the news item.
ya know the feeling you get when youre about to go watch the summers action block buster

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This JUST in, related to my post above.

Iranian state TV carries report of Israeli build-up

(Reuters) - Iranian state television ran a report Monday saying Israeli military aircraft were massing at a U.S. air base in Iraq for a strike on Iran.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Israeli jet fighters have reportedly conducted drills at a military base in Iraq in order to strike targets inside Iran.

Now, i dont really know what to make of this, its from an Iranien news agency so it might just be propaganda, but we have known for a long time that Israel is ready and waiting to strike Iran and even wanred them in the past that they only have a limited amount of time to give up their nuclear ambitions.

www.presstv.ir...

Aluf Benn

While chaos and change reigned supreme, Iran succeeded in repairing its uranium-enrichment plant after the cyber attack by the Stuxnet computer worm.

The uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya have focused Israeli attention on the west, and overshadowed the disturbing news from the east: Iran has succeeded in repairing its uranium-enrichment plant at Natanz, whose functioning had been disrupted by the Stuxnet computer worm.

hey OP FnS if you could add this to the OP
Israeli Jets Prepare For Imminent Strike Against Iran: Iranian TV
www.zerohedge.com...

was going to start another thread but it just confirms this one fresh off live tv!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

www.presstv.ir...

Aluf Benn

hey OP FnS if you could add this to the OP
Israeli Jets Prepare For Imminent Strike Against Iran: Iranian TV
www.zerohedge.com...

was going to start another thread but it just confirms this one fresh off live tv!

I'm not allowed to edit my OP at the moment because of edit flood control, but i will as soon as im allowed

Makes you wonder if this whole Osama Bin Laden thing is to distract us from a build up for a strike on Iran after all, this isnt new news, a strike on irans nuclear facilities has been on the cars now for the last 4 years?
And it would be the first time, Israel wiped out saddam husseins only nuclear reactors back in, what 1981? i cant remember now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yes this could be it, the grim news that the CIA had discovered a plot by the Iranians to launch a first nuclear strike against Israel and the ensuing ww3.

Israel must act swiftly and decisively, they will need to strike with overwhelming force and it will happen within hours.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I believe theres a bit of truth behind every story, whether its been dramatised remains to be seen, but i really wouldnt be suprised if Iran gets hit some time soon.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

just as a side note:
was right.

Well it's 2011 so I guess he missed it by 3 years...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join