It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Maximum with Minimum Sun Spot Activity = 1859 Event?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Have a look at how the Sun is supposed to look now that it is reaching its Solar Maximum Cycle of every 11 years :

Last Solar Maximum :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c91454ebc24e.jpg[/atsimg]

Sun as at Today :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f228e84d324d.jpg[/atsimg]

This is very but very strange, in fact Scientist were stunned so much they even hint to an incoming mini Ice Age because of how low the sunspot activity is.

Well a mini Ice Age is not that far fetched once looking at this graph you can see that we are due for one :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a2d62b178d2.jpg[/atsimg]

But Ice Ages Apart..

The fact is that the famous 1859 Solar Event, which scientists confirm that a replica of such an event with all the high tech we depend on, the damage to humanity can be apocalyptical , sending humans back to stone henge.

We are still in a very early stage to understand our mother star. Could it be than that the less Sunspots the stronger the Emissions?

We have already experienced some strong Flares this year but where are the Sunspots????

As per NASA :

geomagnetic storm of 1859, for instance, occurred during a solar cycle of about the same size we’re predicting for 2013

science.nasa.gov...

Also..any expert might help us with the following.

Where there any changed to the SOHO satellites related to how images are processed? since as we can see..there is quiet a change in the Sun Color when seen through MDIIGR :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7c9ac2edd66.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good post ! Good questions ! Good thinking ! All the billion dollar hardware we have up there and still not sure whats going on... Or is it they are not fully telling us the big picture ? Who knows...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Of course not. Because the truth would create panic and they don't have enough bunkers for all of us. Dont be naive.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Great thread

We are still in a very early stage to understand our mother star. Could it be than that the less Sunspots the stronger the Emissions?

Now I'm wondering the same thing, if there are less sunspots in a solar maximum then does that mean when we do get them they produce a stronger emission. I'm going to have a look around and see what I can find on this. Very interesting.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

What's the date this image was taken?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c91454ebc24e.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 2/5/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

last solar maximum..2001

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Sorry to be a pain can you be more specific.

Day and Month would be handy.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Intersting post OP

Think we are in unchartered territory, at least in terms of very recent memory.

I read something last night on RSOE about England having the warmest April since records began, however sinister this could be potentially I have a great tan

S+F

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

no problem

i took the image from google..

my search criteria :

www.google.com.mt...

i'm currently at work and got my hands pretty tight

if there is someone who can have a look at the data here :

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

AUG - SEP i think it was the max..but i'm not sure

edit on 2-5-2011 by heineken because: corrected link

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

i prefer a nice tan too !!!

down with Ice Ages

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The sun seems a lot hotter to me lately. A few times I have had to move into shade in the last few weeks because the sun is so hot it feels like it`s burning me. I don`t remember doing that before.
Maybe it`s just my imagination and not relevant, but I thought I`d throw it out there.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Cool, found it.

19th July 2009.

Just remember we aren't at solar maximum yet, still 2-3 years till predicted maximum.

Although spaceweather, like normal weather will pretty much do what it wants, when it wants.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

thanks for your input..

you know..

when facing the unknown...the smallest detail is what can make the difference

many have been telling the story that the Sun did got brighter..but we have not yet been given an explanation as to why is that..or if it can be confirmed as to being true

myself..i do remember looking at the Sun directly..ok with the aid of my hands..but lately..even with my hands I cant stand looking at it

so is it getting brighter?..if yes..why is that?

why the Sun changed color in the Soho Images?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

at least thanks to NASA..we will experience the incoming solar event from the comfort of our home..always if we still have electricity

i'm so looking forward to this

Chad...

can you estimate from the data how much prior the maximum there is increase in sunspots ?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnonymousLurker
The sun seems a lot hotter to me lately. A few times I have had to move into shade in the last few weeks because the sun is so hot it feels like it`s burning me. I don`t remember doing that before.
Maybe it`s just my imagination and not relevant, but I thought I`d throw it out there.

Living on the mid east coast of Australia, skin cancer capital of the world - It's common to feel the sun that hot, I sat out the back step last winter and you can still feel it on you burning, although on a cold morning, is quite nice

Interesting thread heineken - I guess I better learn to quit the internet addiction and grow a garden in case the grids get fried!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

i hope you do it!!!

if anything happens it might save you and your loved ones...i would be so proud of myself

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Think about it this way:

You have Ball with many Holes (Sun with many Sunspots) - Slowly fill it up with Water (increasing Solar Activity) = The Water drains out slowly but steady because of the many Holes in the Ball...

You have a Ball with only one Hole (Sun with only a few Sunspots) - Slowly fill it up with Water (again,increasing Solar Activity) = The Water drains out of the Ball,but since there is only one Hole,its filling up faster than it beeing getting out...

Guess what happens when the Sun doesn´t produce enough Sun-Spots to let out all that Energy during a Solar Maximum?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

couldnt explain it better

so it might be the case ..that the lesser sunspots..the more intense the eruptions

how can we confirm this

i will try to research once at home...i will appreciate anyone joining forces

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Very interesting .. Thanks ..

Is it possible SOHO's cameras, have various lens filters available at their disposal ? ...

Perhaps someone more in the know can shed light here: (no pun intended)

The pic from 2011, where the tone is different ... i tried to find that pic( but couldnt), to determine what equipment was used to capture it .. eg.. an optical image onto CCD ?... This was as close as i could find ... but no mention of CCD in my brief search ...
Could CCD, or whatever techology used, be prone to some sort of wear from the extreme light /radiation over the years (even with strong filter, or perhaps a natural wear in technology through time, regardless of extreme light)... which would result in the end footage having a slightly different tone / hue / brightness / contrast ...

Or perhaps the image captured was beyond the visible light spectrum .. and had false colour applied ?

Or .. is it possible the image is not optical .. but a computer generated image, based on data recieved from whatever on board sensors .. with false colour applied ?

I just found this .. May or may not be relevant ...

Flatfield correction for SOHO MDI The SOHO satellite has been spectacularly successful at imaging the sun, and has now been operating continuously in the harsh environment of space for more than 12 years. In that time the CCD camera and optics have sustained significant radiation damage. We have developed a new technique for correcting the optical and CCD errors, producing a database of flatfields which can be used to reduce the flat fielding errors on the instrument by around a factor of 10. The repository of flatfields is hosted with the main MDI data service at Stanford University: soi.stanford.edu... and is mirrored locally here.

www.astro.gla.ac.uk...
edit on 4/5/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: ... I just love editing things

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Definitely not telling us the whole truth. They just can't start to reveal everything that is going on with their datas to the whole mass. If everybody knew the whole truth concerning what is happening many would just go crazy without being able to handle it.

Thruthseek3r

top topics

join