It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Need This: Norwegian Institute For Air Research Radiation Data And Links

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Link to Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU)
transport.nilu.no...

FALLOUT MAPS FOR NORTH AMERICA
These maps, made available by the Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU), show which areas of North America have received or will soon receive the highest dumps of radioactive fallout from Fukushima. The maps show during which time periods to expect incoming fallout in specific areas. It is a tragedy and a scandal that the U.S. and Canadian governments do not provide such information to its citizens. The link below will take you to a page where you can click on which radioactive fallout element to track over which area of the world. Be aware that the amount of fallout already on the ground in North America will continue to affect us for a long time to come, even if concentrations shown on this mapping (which shows current streams of new fallout from Fukushima) become less intense in the future.
transport.nilu.no...

www.vesica.org...

In addition to the NILU link, there are numerous links to the CURRENT RADIATION FALLOUT SITUATION IN NORTH AMERICA at this site
www.vesica.org...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Do you have a link for europe or africa ?

I read the entire northern hemisphere has a detection of fallout

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

I do not. I can look into though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Would be much appreciated

thankyo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I noticed that the site I linked above has this additional information for the rest of the world:

Update On The Worldwide Nuclear Fallout Situation
by Robert J. Gilbert, Ph.D.

This article contains the following sections:
General Update (including Sites with Radiation Monitoring Info for North America)
Recommended News Sources: Websites, Television, and Radio
The Truth about “Low-Level” and “Safe Doses” of Radiation
Most Mainstream Media follow the Nuclear Industry’s “Script” and are not conducting Independent Reporting
Fukushima may be a Portent of Things to Come in North America (with a list of the Top Ten ‘At Risk’ Nuclear Plants in the U.S.)
www.vesica.org...

Seems like a good place to start.
edit on 5/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

First of all:

ATTENTION: These products are highly uncertain based on limited information for the source terms. Please use with caution and understand that the values are likely to change once we obtain more information on the overall nature of the accident. The products should be considered informational and only indicate 'worst case scenario' releases. From what we've learned recently, it seems releases of this magnitude have not yet occurred. Furthermore, these modeling products are based on global meteorological data, which are too coarse to provide reliable details of the transport of the plume across Japan.

And secondly, given how completely prominent the above is on the Norwegian site, so it is impossible to mistake for real data, and the numerous links to "news" from a "holistic" site, I'm a little suspicious that this is spam.

edit on 2-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Oh, I almost forgot:

A Slew of Radiation Links: "On The Road With Dutchsinse" (Or "An Apology")
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He has posted "a slew" of international links for radiation monitoring with the video I linked in this thread. I also pasted all his links into that thread for easy access.

I initially discounted his offerings but I have since recanted and now value his reporting.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The summary you posted is completely false. Please respond to the quote from the Norwegian site I showed which very clearly states the model is a worse-case scenario which is likely to be inaccurate anyway.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

That is indeed what the site says. Use at your own discretion. The other links from www.vesica.org... seem valuable. I am confident that people have the ability to review these links and come to an independent decision regarding the veracity of the information.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

thanks this is who we are...

info is getting harder + harder to get...

this is good stuff...

+

thanks again

seeya
edit on 2/5/2011 by shaneR because: figured out how to flag...doh!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

It is not good stuff at all. The Norwegian site clearly states that the information presented is not real, is an extreme worst-case, and is not based on accurate data. It says it right there on the page next to the graph.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by shaneR

It is not good stuff at all. The Norwegian site clearly states that the information presented is not real, is an extreme worst-case, and is not based on accurate data. It says it right there on the page next to the graph.

May I ask a question?
What would you say is the purpose of that site. What do they hope to accomplish by offering worst-case simulations based on inaccurate data? Those are not rhetorical questions. I'm more than willing to try to understand your side of the argument.

Edit To Add: What fault do you find with sites dedicated to "Holistics". Namely this site:

www.vesica.org...

I offered a link to a site with information I thought people would find valuable. If you do not, then you do not. I am not trying to sell snake oil.

Here is a sampling of articles linked at that site:

RADIOACTIVE FALLOUT HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED ACROSS THE ENTIRE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE OF THE EARTH
www.digitaljournal.com...

FRENCH NUCLEAR RESEARCH GROUP CRIIRAD ISSUES WARNING AGAINST CONSUMING SPECIFIC FOODS FOR ENTIRE COUNTRY OF FRANCE
All French citizens were warned against consuming rainwater, leafy greens, and all milk derived products (including from goats and sheep as well as cows) due to radioactive fallout contamination in Europe. The U.S. and Canadian governments still claim that all of the above foods are safe in North America, even for infants and pregnant women; unfortunately the reality is that the level of radioactive fallout present here is 8 to 10 times greater that of France and the rest of Europe.
www.euractiv.com...
edit on 5/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: edit to add

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.vesica.org...

AREAS WHOSE FOOD PRODUCTS MAY NOW CARRY RADIOACTIVE FALLOUT

The Entirety of the Northern Hemisphere around the world is affected by fallout, as well as the Pacific Ocean.

Most Serious: Japan, Pacific Ocean, and Pacific Rim States

Most Contaminated food areas of North America (based on fallout wind spread patterns charted by European scientific research agencies) in order of likely intensity of contamination, starting with the most contaminated:

* Entire Pacific Coast (note that much of the produce in North America comes from this region, especially California)
* Northern U.S. States close to Canada, and Canadian areas close to the U.S. (including Toronto etc.)
* Eastern States
* Central States of the U.S., and Far Northern areas of Canada

Japan Tsunami Fukushima Nuclear Disaster 2/2- Leuren Moret - PDX 9/11 Truth

She brings up Norway, they're the ones getting the most info and not hiding it like our governments, and legally they can because they have international agreements to check for likely risks that could affect their nation.

The whole thing was rigged and still is.

They need to use Boron, and now that would amount to underground tunnels, and then cement when its cooled down, and not wait 9 months.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
how do you read the "fukushima potential release" estimates on the nilu.no site?
it seems to be measured in becquerel/m-2 but what is "4.3e+03" becquerels..
and is there a way to convert from becquerel to sievert?
thank you.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Ummm, I thought there was a map? All I see is links to info and no links to a map . . . maybe I have not had enough coffee yet?

I guess I kind of answered my own question . . . I found the interactive tool.
edit on 2-5-2011 by nonnez because: Found it

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Please note that the OP's summary of the NOrwegian link is entirely false. If you look to the left of the map on that site, you will see a disclaimer that the map is not a live tracker, but a worst-case model based on estimations which they now believe to be inaccurate anyway. This thread is based on a flat-out lie.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Ah, I see that now too. Thanks for pointing that out. So many of these sites are exactly the same, they all speculate and estimate their data without direct real-world sampling.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
radioactivity in Europa

you-measure.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
What I really need or want is to know how radioactive material interacts with the atmosphere. I bet there isn't anyone ever who has done a calculation of this, most nuclear accidents and weapons testing were short in duration and this is something new. Do the particles ionize the atmosphere? How does it affect Earth's geomagnetic field? Everyone is looking at immediate environmental effects but this is something obvious, anyone with some knowledge can predict loss of life, only a few can accurately predict the actual scale of this. But how that continuous stream affects weather patterns etc. is probably quite complicated. What I want to know is where is all this energy going? How can the Earth absorb this excess amount of energy which is steadily being released, when it's "new", not something that existed before so Earth could not have anticipated for it like it has done with volcanoes or other large events where a sudden amount of energy is introduced into the atmosphere.

Anyway back on topic I'm guessing the charts are well thought out, the amount of radioactive material is known, weather patterns are known, there is a lot of information gathered from the past and it's all put into a computer simulation. When I saw the charts initially I got the impression whoever made it chose lower levels on purpose to be on the safe side.
edit on 3/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I must say thank you for these links. They are so good compared to others saying everything is alright and lying. The possibility of seeing the total amount released, in the first link, and the concentration for Iodine-131, Cesium-134 (or 137?) and Xenon-133 sounded great to my hears. The second is also great and contain nice informations.

S & F

Thruthseek3r

top topics

<<   2 >>

join