It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Disclosure seekers are hypocrites?

page: 2
18
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine
I find it odd that the same people who distrust the government to the extent they believe the government has been covering up alien/UFO information for decades would suddenly do a 180 and trust them for 'revealing the truth' about aliens and UFOs.

That kind of behavior indicates to me that these people are NOT in seek of the truth, but rather something to reinforce their beliefs of alien intervention on our planet...


I agree to a certain extent and it is a point I've made in other disclosure threads. They believe the government when they are being told what they want to hear. However, that is the operative philosophy, "what they want to hear". If there was disclosure tomorrow and it did not fit their perceptions of aliens, they would not believe it.




posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

They believe the government when they are being told what they want to hear.


Conspiracy theory in a nutshell

edit on 2-5-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
Conspiracy theory in a nutshell


Though I should correct myself...it is not just a simple matter of believing the government meant when it says what they want to hear but when they think the government is saying what they want to hear. They have a tendency twist what is actually being said or invent it whole-cloth.
edit on 2-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine
reply to post by BlueLightRain
 


I'm one of those people who would love for it to be true too but as you said, it's unlikely the government could contain something like that for years.

They haven't contained it completely. There have been plenty of whistleblowers. However they have contained the damage and kept the seeds of doubt strong enough to limit the damage.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by namine
 


You really miss the point of what disclosure is about.

Those pushing for disclosure, like me, already know 100% what is real, and what exists, often with first hand experiences. And anyone saying otherwise is ignored for choosing to believe lies or as the working minions of the elite, counter intelligence.

We also are aware of what information is being kept from the public, that they are funding directly this group of elitists who are using public funds to procure advanced tech thousands of years above our science, though still caveman and leftover cosmic level, and hording it for themselves while running a murderous racket of WAR, Disease, Starvation, Drugs, And Crimes, to harm, torture, and abuse the majority of humans on earth and make their lives living hell beyond belief, for their own profit and sadism.

What we are demanding, is that this group of mafia thugs, STEP DOWN ASAP, and give the earth back to its people, and share the technology that belongs to the human race, ie. our progression that they have robbed from us, and can heal this planet of all abuse, nuclear, etc, and the free energy and resources to land, seeds, that all people have the right to have equally without any cost to them. In addition that we get progress. That they seek amnesty over arrests or else the arrests will come to the bloodlines.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The only benefit from these NAZI's disclosing is for the average apathetic person to become unglued. If we could get them ready to demand change and release of technology and information right now, it would be way overdue.

Its not because we need to know, we do already know.


2010 Mercedes Benz Biome Concept

Lovely, grown from the vine, literally, from the seed, like many CRAFTS are, they continue to grow in space, and took many years to reach road, maturity.

Allign with:



I CANT AND AM READY TO TEAR THE ROOFS OFF THE PARLIAMENTS WITH MY BEAR HANDS! THAT IS HOW OUTRAGED I AM.

kauilapele.wordpress.com... n-yen-to-feds/

Again, I am not guessing what exists. I KNOW 100% what exists having experienced it, frequently, both in terms of sitings and what could be called unwanted contact, though very grateful for it.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Disclosure seekers are hypocrites?


I get what you're trying to say, but to be honest it's probably too simple to put it like that, and generalising the whole group of people that want disclosure.

For instance : some of us want disclosure, not because we trust the government or the details of disclosure that they'd reveal, but because we think admitting that other life is out there is a natural part in our development, and the governments are blocking that. So I'd be happy that all the disclosure arguments have finally ended, and that as a Human race we can finally start looking at things in a better way, also that all of us that don't think we're alone don't have to feel like freaks in a circus any longer.

And the skeptics/non-believers would probably think they'd lost the great battle, but stuff all that. Those people would be very important in our next battle, which would be separating the truth from the obvious piles of crap that the government would give us in the way of info about any Aliens, etc.

Some believers would be happily agreeing with everything the government said, then building up their own scenarios from that info, that could be completely wrong in the firstplace. Skeptics would be needed in a big way to help with problems like that, and maybe 'believers' would finally get a better sense of why people who are skeptical are so important to the bigger picture.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Furthermore, there is no one who will ever convince me that most of the posters who write up nonsense threads like this and others, are just ordinary skeptics. I have a very hard time really imagining that average people are this uniformed and closed minded, except perhaps for a few highly religious programmed ones, fundamentals, because most of Mexico is open minded, they are a Catholic nation that gets alot on their news, and no one I've very talked to except for a few think like this, but would never post these threads.

I don't know what is about some people, but there are some of us that would never ever ever ever ever follow bad orders, and that contracts to silence us or even judges trying to do so would amount to so many BULLHORNS being bought and used it wouldn't even be funny.

Get on the side of people, real people, and demand disclosure especially tech.

Go under the stars and pour out your heart for this world and its suffering and for freedom for everyone from these negative beings running it, even for help to turn their lives around. Pray for light, and love, and peace to be with all the leaders and corporate heads and bloodlines and all black ops, pray their light/love will grow so they will wake up too. Because in the end, they'll be faring far worse than the masses they've tortured. Law of consequence and the nature of the school and they will discover they are being lied to.
Why will they fare worse than the masses? They who think they're the custodians and off the hook?

Intent to harm, cold blooded harm, harm for gain, greed/power.

Versus harm from trauma and due to abuse.

They're two different animals altogether from a Higher Perspective.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Get on the side of people, real people, and demand disclosure especially tech.


Who are the real people?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister
 



There are tons of us who write on all sites, and also speak to many behind the scenes, even teachers at school.

Its waking up the ones who would benefit from the NAZI's disclosing that will bring changes and technology to this world and stop their planned murder of many more people.

One child starving anywhere in this world is a murder though.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by namine
 


Those pushing for disclosure, like me, already know 100% what is real, and what exists, often with first hand experiences. And anyone saying otherwise is ignored for choosing to believe lies or as the working minions of the elite, counter intelligence.



Then why bother responding in the first place?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You misunderstand what would be expected by a government announcing officially that aliens exist.

By this action, it will now make it mainstream discussion. It won't make it *true*... but it will make it so those people who have been trying to get people to look deeper into it to no longer on the fringe and all the people who sit at the trough of "official word" will then be brought into the mindset of thinking it's possible as well.

They don't trust the Government to tell the *truth* about aliens... only to open the door. Most would expect it to be twisted around to continue the methods of control and fear... but it would at least make the pursuit of understanding what might be beyond our current understanding open to serious discussion across the entire population.

Please be careful when throwing the hypocrite label around... there are a LOT of ways to skin a cat.

Namaste!



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine
Something recently caught my attention regarding possible UFO Disclosure by the US Government. Before Obama made the announcement of Bin Laden's demise, there were a few people, even on this website, giddy with anticipation that disclosure could finally be happening. I find it odd that the same people who distrust the government to the extent they believe the government has been covering up alien/UFO information for decades would suddenly do a 180 and trust them for 'revealing the truth' about aliens and UFOs.

That kind of behavior indicates to me that these people are NOT in seek of the truth, but rather something to reinforce their beliefs of alien intervention on our planet, beliefs they are often unwilling to consider may be erroneous. In my opinion, either you trust the government on the issue of aliens and UFOs, or you don't, anything else would be hypocritical, and nothing but a pursuit to satisfy your own ego/belief system.

Expecting disclosure from a government you don't trust is self-defeating, wouldn't you say?


We trust they know the truth about Aliens & UFO's, but we don't trust them because so much information is so blatently been held back from public knowledge - We trust justice will be served! There's a difference!

Whatever's going on, some in power may want to get on with this Disclosure, whilst other may want to carry on with the lies and deceit!

Hardly hypocritical!
edit on 2-5-2011 by Just Chris because: Posted comment inside a quote tag.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99
 


I sympathise with people who believe they’ve seen things they feel are not explainable by conventional means. I don’t know 100% what is real and what exists; I haven’t had the first hand experiences you claim to have and I haven’t seen irrefutable evidence what you claim to be real is real. But my point with the OP is the government is an ‘evil group of mafia thugs’ and yet still held in high regard with respect to disclosure. Some ‘believers’ would rather listen to want they want to hear even if it’s not the truth and even if it’s coming from a source they’ve previously shunned, which in reality is belittling the search for the truth in favour of supporting preconceived knowledge of what is 100% real and exists.


Originally posted by Unity_99
Furthermore, there is no one who will ever convince me that most of the posters who write up nonsense threads like this and others, are just ordinary skeptics. I have a very hard time really imagining that average people are this uniformed and closed minded, except perhaps for a few highly religious programmed ones, fundamentals, because most of Mexico is open minded, they are a Catholic nation that gets alot on their news, and no one I've very talked to except for a few think like this, but would never post these threads.


Well, you’re insinuating you know all the undeniable facts of the alien/UFO phenomenon so of course everybody else will be wrong or drones or sheep, unless they tell you what you want to hear. I’m not sure if that part of your post was a sneaky attempt at calling me a disinfo agent
. I’d be very disappointed if it were. There’s a difference between being closed minded and not believing everything you hear and read. I don’t care much for religion FYI.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Disclosure seekers are hypocrites?


I get what you're trying to say, but to be honest it's probably too simple to put it like that, and generalising the whole group of people that want disclosure.

For instance : some of us want disclosure, not because we trust the government or the details of disclosure that they'd reveal, but because we think admitting that other life is out there is a natural part in our development, and the governments are blocking that. So I'd be happy that all the disclosure arguments have finally ended, and that as a Human race we can finally start looking at things in a better way, also that all of us that don't think we're alone don't have to feel like freaks in a circus any longer.

And the skeptics/non-believers would probably think they'd lost the great battle, but stuff all that. Those people would be very important in our next battle, which would be separating the truth from the obvious piles of crap that the government would give us in the way of info about any Aliens, etc.

Some believers would be happily agreeing with everything the government said, then building up their own scenarios from that info, that could be completely wrong in the firstplace. Skeptics would be needed in a big way to help with problems like that, and maybe 'believers' would finally get a better sense of why people who are skeptical are so important to the bigger picture.



Fair enough, it’s too broad a brush to paint all those seeking disclosure. But if you don’t trust the details they’d reveal, why would you believe them when they ‘finally admit it’ ? Surely, their word has to mean next to nothing to you after decades of lies and cover ups. I think the consensus is that life outside of Earth is very likely; there’s been no cover up about that from main stream scientists for the most part. What I also find intriguing is you say skeptics would be very important after the government has made disclosure. So the government will be the good guys at the moment of disclosure (ie telling you what you want to hear) and then they’d go back to being bad guys when the info they give about aliens no longer fits your version?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

They don't trust the Government to tell the *truth* about aliens... only to open the door.


But isn't that the whole point of disclosure? That the government come clean on what they know about aliens and UFOs?
You will let these people you've distrusted open the door for you?

It seems to me like you're cherry picking what to believe from the government and what not to with no regard to the truth, but rather what fits your bill of the supposed ETs on our planet.

Namaste

edit on 2-5-2011 by namine because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by namine because: add a crucial word !



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I dont think in this case people are hypocrites. I think what people are waiting for is an official acknowledgement that ailens exist and have been visiting. I myself dont beleive for one moment world Governments will tell us the true extent of what they know about the nature and agenda of any ET visitation, especially if there are bad ailens out there. I think we as a human race are ready for disclourse and have been since the late 1990s. In fact if anything the announcement is well overdue, if you believe the ET agreement that was made i think in the 1950s that world govts had 60 years in which to prepare and announce to the rest of the planet that they are here. I also happen to think that the events in the Middle East and the death of OBL is all part of it. Tidying up the planet in preparation for a new era whatever form that takes, rather like spring cleaning and tyding up your home in readiness for visit by your parents, girlfriend, boyfriend, that sort of thing. You want things to be looking good!



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
We trust they know the truth about Aliens & UFO's, but we don't trust them because so much information is so blatently been held back from public knowledge - We trust justice will be served! There's a difference!

Whatever's going on, some in power may want to get on with this Disclosure, whilst other may want to carry on with the lies and deceit!

Hardly hypocritical!
edit on 2-5-2011 by Just Chris because: Posted comment inside a quote tag.


How do you decide what to trust them on and what not to? It seems to me for some 'believers' it depends on whether or not said info coincides with their beliefs, beliefs that are not always grounded in facts, but feelings and circumstantial evidence.




posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine
But isn't that the whole point of disclosure? That the government come clean on what they know about aliens and UFOs?
You will let these people you've distrusted open the door for you?

It seems to me like you're cherry picking what to believe from the government and what not to with no regards to the truth, but rather what fits your bill of the ETs on our planet.


Please re-read my post to see the word choices I made and stop putting me in the "disclosure is at hand!" group. I can understand the intent and desire though, even if I don't think they are barking up the right tree.

There is a massive portion of the population who won't believe something is possible until they see it on TV in "official" capacity. Those seeking disclosure are seeking for the topic to become mainstream... not for accurate truth but for those who aren't looking at what is *already* out there to be basically given permission by their "info masters" to speak about it as openly as they do economics. Right now people who are trying to open the door are looked at as "crazy" because much of the population will only believe what they see on TV.

By reading your posts though, you seem to be really really dead set on trying to prove disclosure people are hypocrites without actually thinking deeper on the bigger picture effects and motives of a governmental disclosure. You are pointing a finger very very hard... but don't seem to notice the plank in your own eye.

Wishing you the best,
Namaste!
edit on 2-5-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: Word cleanup.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I dont think in this case people are hypocrites. I think what people are waiting for is an official acknowledgement that ailens exist and have been visiting.


Well, the reason I used 'hypocrites' is they don't believe the government's official position on ETs at the moment, but they will believe the government's official acknowledgement that ETs exist. Maybe hypocrite is too strong a word. I guess it's not so strange considering a lot of 'believers' are sure they know the truth.



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join