It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Body Headed for Burial at Sea, Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have got to wonder if there are really so many stupid people in the world that don't see this story about Osama Bin Laden being killed here recently is sheer B S and now they are going to bury him at sea? Good Grief, can anyone not see that this is all lies and propaganda? Are there really so many people so brainwashed as to not see this is proof that Obama is a Liar and this is all just as PR Stunt? What scares me is such people who will believe this trash, also drive cars!

blogs.abcnews.com...

edit on 2-5-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos and expanded comment

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
While I see your point, and lean toward that inclination, I would like to simply point out one reason why he could be buried at sea. Respect for the dead. If he's buried at sea, it makes sure nobody can get to the body. If the U.S. allowed access to his body it would be stolen, desecrated, and worse. We don't want that image any more than we already have it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I say we freeze him and keep his body for evidence. How can you get rid of a body like that so quickly?

Fishy.

Khar

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
While I see your point, and lean toward that inclination, I would like to simply point out one reason why he could be buried at sea. Respect for the dead. If he's buried at sea, it makes sure nobody can get to the body. If the U.S. allowed access to his body it would be stolen, desecrated, and worse. We don't want that image any more than we already have it.

They need to at least bring his hands to be examined for freezer burns.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I await a picture and video of his death and body to be shown before i believe in this...

but then again this is America... we believe without using our 5 senses, reason, intelligence and logic...

so bring it on....

im pretty sure main stream media has good reason why we cant be shown proof, even if Osama was here in 1st world countries and did have blood samples taken for physicals we have his DNA strands on standby... to double check if it is him...

im sure that is not necessary....

Since we have the body I'm sure this will cause great discomfort but well worth it to silence the non-believers

Fox

Also... 15 trillion dollars and more spent on these 2 wars say uhhhh.... no we want proof of this BS... and thats all it is

U.S. officials tell me the last thing they want is for his burial place to become a terrorist shrine.

To avoid that, an informed source tells me, the intention is the bury his body at sea -- leaving no definitive location for the final resting place of his body.

A senior administration official tells my colleague Jake Tapper this about the body: "We are ensuring it is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition. It's something we take seriously and therefore it's being handled in an appropriate manner.‬"

I call HorseSh!t, pardon the language but necessary
edit on 5/2/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It is against islamic beliefs to bury at sea.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Sounds like it's a done deal.

A U.S. official told NBC News that bin Laden was later buried at sea "in accordance with Islamic law and tradition."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Yeah...this isn't fishy. Almost laughable, really.

edit on 5/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is SO strange and unbelievably unbelievable! "Traditional" islam burial at sea in a hugely desert region? That would mean that type of burial would be COMMONPLACE wouldn't it, to be a tradition? I'd like to hear Al Quaeda's opinion on that one actually.

associated press: Official: Bin Laden Buried at Sea

Official: Bin Laden buried at sea
(AP) – 56 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. official says Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea.
After bin Laden was killed in a raid by U.S. forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body would be handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said. Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the U.S. decided to bury him at sea.
The official, who spoke Monday on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not immediately say where that occurred.
Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

edit on 5/2/2011 by shockedonlooker because: correct source error

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of countries who would've been glad to take the "martyr" remains too! C'mon now!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I was just about ready to go to bed and then I saw this on CNN about the body being buried at sea and I had to come on here to see if it's being addressed on ATS and I thank the OP for posting this as a separate thread. This is laughable that the same day they supposedly kill him they dump him at sea.... Is this some sort of traditional Muslim burial or what.... dump him at sea immediately?
edit on 2-5-2011 by soleprobe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

Do you know more about it than this, from Wiki?

Bolded part might be the excuse?

Islam

The sacred texts of Islam prefer burial on land, so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out. However, if a person dies at sea and it is not possible to bring the body back to land before decay, burial at sea is allowed. A weight is tied to the feet of the body, and the body is lowered into the water. This would preferably occur in an area where the remains are not immediately eaten by scavengers. Also, if an enemy may dig up the grave to mutilate the body, it is also allowed to bury the deceased at sea to avoid mutilation.[3]

Source

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
Respect for the dead. …makes sure nobody can get to the body. …body … would be stolen, desecrated, and worse. We don't want that image any more than we already have it.

That has got to be one of the lamest excuses I’ve ever heard. Even the CNN interviewed victim’s family member thought that it was bizarre.

Now we know for certain: THEY DON’T HAVE A BODY… at least a fresh one.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Man, were they ever quick to dump the body. They're turning this thing into a joke.

Sounds like an episode from the Sopranos.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The Minute I heard the Burial at sea line I knew something was up. I searched the internet to see if I am the only one and lo and behold there is a plethora of people discussing this strange occurrence. Especially since the Navy usually reserves Burial at Sea for Hero's. Any way this is why I specifically joined up here tonight to post my questions about this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Well lets say that this is as clear cut as the media is making it out to be, he was killed just outside Islamabad at Abbottābad in Pakistan and buried in a "sea" within 24 hours of death.

The nearest sea to Abbottābad is the Arabian Sea, with this in mind, the total distance from Abbottābad to Karachi (nearest place on land to the Arabian Sea) is 1537km. If this was done by vehicle it would take approximately 17 hours 57 mins if taken by the fastest possible route.

I used google maps to look at the shortest distance.

There are airports in both Karachi and Islamabad so it could have been done this way, I cannot find flight times and I have no idea how long it would take to clean up the remains, sort out a burial etc if done by this method.

It seems to me that the timing would have been really tight.
edit on 2-5-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

man, doesnt anyone use search button?????

u made a thread with almost the exact name of one that already exists...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PLUS there was already one before that ...
see...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

we already have too many double threads, do not need triple !!!

seeya

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Insulting to us all, really.

Playing games with us. Covering up lie after lie as we vote them in, pay for their lifestyle, entrust them with the quality of our laws and lives, and this is how we are repaid. In blatant lies, misinformation, and corruption.

At times I feel like humanity can overcome it's woes. I have a lot of of faith in what we can accomplish. Other times, I just feel washed out. It's so difficult to want to participate in a reality to muddled with distortions and greed that it's almost not worth this.

Just another reminder what a senseless plight we partake in.

Cheers to our leaders, the kings and queens of us all.

Have your way with us.

It's obvious after the royal wedding and now this from my own country that nobody will stop you. Do your worst.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join