It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Post attacks movie "The Village"...hillarious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
www.nypost.com...

Read this and tell me that the Post isn't reaching. Come on... Oh my god, the leader's name is Walker...libruls must have made this movie! LIBRULS!!!! They have colored armbands...oh my god it must be a criticism of our god-president's policies!!!

A quote:
"The Village" pours on creepy atmosphere, but this dud is too intent on delivering its liberal "message" to actually deliver the kinds of scares it promises in the terrific trailer.

Why is this idiotic rag (The New York Post) still in existence?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
OMG I just had a thought were any of the houses in the movie painted white, its clearly about that certain politician. Thanks for the link, it was funny.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There'll be a Republican boycott organized within hours.

How did this one get by DISNEY?
Don't let M. Night brainwash your children into rampant liberalism! The lastest so called movie from M. Night SHAMylan depicts a paranoid meglomanic religious nut that leads his ignorant people through fear and intimidation! His name is WALKER! And get this, his color code early warning system is "yellow" to proceed with caution, or "red" when the monsters that seek to destroy their backwards existence are coming!!! SHAMylan eventually reveals there is no US or THEM as a mockery to Patriotic Americans everywhere! And as his name would suggest, he aint from around here himself!!! He's from HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a strong, clear message to HOLLYWEIRD that you don't take kindly to rich people telling you how to think! And support BUSH/CHENEY!!!

EDIT: Fictionalized mock example of reactionary boycott campaign one may expect to be spammed on AOL. How's that?

[Edited on 30-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
There'll be a Republican boycott organized within hours.

How did this one get by DISNEY?
Don't let M. Night brainwash your children into rampant liberalism! The lastest so called movie from M. Night SHAMylan depicts a paranoid meglomanic religious nut that leads his ignorant people through fear and intimidation! His name is WALKER! And get this, his color code early warning system is "yellow" to proceed with caution, or "red" when the monsters that seek to destroy their backwards existence are coming!!! SHAMylan eventually reveals there is no US or THEM as a mockery to Patriotic Americans everywhere! And as his name would suggest, he aint from around here himself!!! He's from HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a strong, clear message to HOLLYWEIRD that you don't take kindly to rich people telling you how to think! And support BUSH/CHENEY!!!

Where did you get this quote?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I just wrote it. Mock quoting myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The guy who wrote that article is way of base and sooooo full of # it's actually pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, he's seeing what he wants to see in it. I think it's bull#.

"Worse, the scares are very strictly rationed in what amounts to a heavy-handed political allegory about leaders who - without getting into any details - stir up fear (and restrict freedoms) to further their agenda."

Is he denying that this happens?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I just wrote it. Mock quoting myself.

No freaking, just thought it sounded like freeper talk.

You do a good rendition of them. Maybe you should think of joining the Republican party.

Obviously kidding.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
RANT, your freeper talk confused me too! I thought it was the real thing.

Anyway, I was going to go see the Manchurian Candidate this weekend, but not I'm definately going to see The Village instead/as well. Hmm....I wonder if the Post will attack The Manchurian Candidate as being liberal propaganda too. After all, it's about a president brainwashed to be a corporate puppet...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Uh, Flinx, the same reason why stupid and obvious liberal rags are still in business - everyone is not the same.

This little bit is not some Post creation, it has been picked up by others as well. As a matter of fact, Mr. M. Night is quoted in saying that that is what he had in mind.

Personally, I'd prefer they not run stories like this, though. My son and I are eagar to see the movie as it is supposed to be chock-full of scariness (that is a word, right?), and I'd prefer not to watch a fictitional movie while trying to figure out if there is a hidden agenda! It's fiction, for crying out farkin' loud; can't I at least see a thriller without politics getting involved???

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I was eager to see the movie for the same reason, but you can't go into it thinking you're going to see a horror flick. It's a suspense, mind-game movie, not a blood and death horror scream.

I was unimpressed, the scariest part was when she tripped and fell in a hole. I actually jumped. Ha!

The review's points were fine, it IS an editorial. And there were no spoilers! Bah! Even though I HAVE already seen it, I must say....if you walk in expecting a suspense movie, you will be fine. If you go in expecting an awesome horror movie you will end up like me, angry and short $7.

EDIT- If you're looking for another good New York Post review, check out the manchurian Candidate. The review compares EVERYTHING in this movie to the original, and confesses that it is simply not as breath taking. It seriously compares everything from characters, plot, scenery, setting, and even filming. The reviewer obviously wishes that the stunning cast could have been brought together to do a movie in which we didn't already know the ending from seeing the original 5 times.

But the best anti-revival note the reviewer makes is his last, "Even the song playing over the credits - Wyclef Jean singing "Fortunate Son" - is a cover."

HAHHA! www.nypost.com...

[Edited on 7-31-04 by Scat]

top topics

join