It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My town's reaction to Osama's death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

No they weren't paid, and this took place right near where there are several bars, and a lot of the college kids live in that general area.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmokeydogg7
I got a bad feeling theirs gonna be another attack soon

Hopefully on those towns that celebrate murder etc.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by assclown1

No they weren't paid, and this took place right near where there are several bars, and a lot of the college kids live in that general area.

LOL

Nowhere in my post did I suggest that they were paid. I simply asked if hey were all hanging out together because it looked like a lot of people for a Sunday night at 11:00 pm.

So, I am inferring from your reply that this is normal late Sunday night behavior for this area.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Weird how the rabid ecstatic screams of joy sound, even to a non religious person like myself, akin to the twisted writhing torment of the eternally damned in Hell.

The whole thing is spooky & unhinged on every level.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This type of # makes me thoroughly embarrassed to be an american

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wish I could click my heals and go back 25 years....

Honest to God I do.

Knowing what I know now.....

The Kids up at Penn State University (PSU) also went nuts. Lucky bastards.

I was in bed about 10 secs after Fox broke the news.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by assclown1

you mentioned college kids, if you ask me i think they knew this in advance from there teachers or colleges.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow that's pretty over the top. I can see all the guys thoughts "Were all getting laid!!"

2nd

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a Sea of fanatics. The only difference I see between these kids and the so called terrorists is skin color and clothing. Baaah

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
This video makes me so sad!!

How can it be that SO MANY people have no stinking idea about 9/11.

It should make you sad. 9/11 Truthers are going to have to call themselves "deathers" now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Weird how the rabid ecstatic screams of joy sound, even to a non religious person like myself, akin to the twisted writhing torment of the eternally damned in Hell.

The whole thing is spooky & unhinged on every level.

I agree. The whole thing does, indeed, make me feel strange. From the oddly disproportionate hype of the original announcement, to the strange timing, to the president being almost an hour late, to this strange flash mob in the streets. All of it just feels weird to me.

They are saying that this is a world changing event and I feel like we are expected to be overwhelmed with joy, such as the people in the video. But I don't feel that way, and I don't know why.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oldgoat

Me too. Pathetic. Makes us look just like those "Muslims celebrating and cheering 9/11" idiotic videos (real or not...doesn't matter) that probably these very same people decried and were so shocked and offended by.
edit on 5/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by oldgoat

Me too. Pathetic. Makes us look just like those "Muslims celebrating and cheering 9/11" idiotic videos (real or not...doesn't matter) that probably these very same people decried and were so shocked and offended by.
edit on 5/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

No comparison. Muslims cheering innocent deaths vs Americans cheering a Muslim terrorist death.

Osama was a terrorist before 9/11.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
By seeing this video... Why I swallowed that pill.?? I am starting to feel lonely now...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
By seeing this video... Why I swallowed that pill.?? I am starting to feel lonely now...

You are not alone - I swallowed the red pill too and I feel utterly disconnected from this type of behavior - I find it frightening more than disgusting.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Obviously, I don't agree with you. He's a figurehead/symbol for hundreds of thousands if not over a million deaths that we caused in our quest to find him, so by extrapolation the cheering is equally in poor taste. And you know, even if he wasn't a figurehead for all that? Cheering any human's death is pretty low in my book, no matter if their nationality, race, religion, or what have you matches my own or not.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

You are not alone - I swallowed the red pill too and I feel utterly disconnected from this type of behavior - I find it frightening more than disgusting.

It feels like a slap in the face. Like hello, reality check.

I believe soon they will shuff this condition down our throats, link below. It is frightening to see the contrast.

Belief in Conspiracies Linked to Machiavellian Mindset
edit on 2-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I wonder if people will still be celebrating when the gas goes 5 dollars this summer or more.

I also wonder if any retaliation from the middle east is going to be the reason to get those prices as high as they can push.

Here in my neck of the woods some are celebrating and others actually more than some are been skeptical.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Edit: I don't know how editing caused it to double post, but check the below post.
edit on 5/2/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It is a wonderful thing that young people can express their excitement at great news for America and the free world. We had a similar scene on my college campus and it was amazing. Things like this happen once in a lifetime.

I can only really think of three things, the death of Osama, the victory of the US over the USSR in the Olympic Games, and the end of World War II.

edit on 5/2/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join