It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone else watching MSNBC prior the the announcment? "Grim development involving an overseas C

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Ok party people, I found the video you desire..

Go to around 8:35 and let it roll from there

edit on 2-5-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

OK, I see it.... I don't see any shocked face.... just a guy trying to read off a piece of paper and then his producers telling him not to....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

Does that not also imply that the administration can't keep a secret?

I think the delays of giving the official announcement were in fact because many of those who work in the media weren't prepared or on site, so the president waited for them. After all, it is up to the president when the announcement will be made, but it has a greater effect when it is delivered to all audiences simultaneously. Still, others believe it was because the president was spending the extra time to craft the speech to his liking before he would deliver.

Either way, it was definitely unexpected and odd the way things unfolded last night. I wonder what Muammar is doing right now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I agree with OP completely, and am currently constructing a thread outlining all of the holes in this story (any help is appreciated)

IMHO - Obama set up a press conference to tell the world something, Im not sure what, but it was something BIG. Big enough to make a disruption at Sunday evening at around 8:00pm EST. Then, suddenly, a story is sent to all MSM news channels, the ultimate distraction, the capture and death of Osama Bin Laden. Now, whether or not the news stations were tipped off of the original story Obama was going to disclose, i cant say (the guy in the video looks like hes traumatized by what hes reading). Somebody did not want Obama to say what he planned, and this story on Osama's death is like an Ace in the Hole (hes been dead for a while). They have built up the necessary evidence for it, and they throw it at the MSM, and instantly the tide shifts.

The press conference is delayed so Obama can make his speech adjustments, and from there on, it spirals out of control and they run with it.

The unnecessary and completely informal body dump in the ocean.
The Compound where Osama was found has been burnt down.
Photos sent to MSM of Osama have been proven to be photoshopped.
A book outlining the Navy Seals has ALREADY hit the shelves.
Osamas Body was DNA Typed in about 5 hours, I didnt even know that was possible.

EDIT: Not to mention the $3.5billion annually given to Pakistan for intelligence on this mans whereabouts, yet hes living in a $1.7million mansion in the heart of a city 60 miles from Pakistans largest military base.

These questions have to be answered!
edit on 3-5-2011 by Plan2exist18 because: add info

edit on 3-5-2011 by Plan2exist18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome
reply to post by queenofsheba

I understand what you mean. It's great...I'm glad, and I understand it is exciting because he was a horrible person, but really, people are celebrating like it's over...like a threat is gone. He hasn't reared his ugly head for a while. And now he's dead, and it's Monday, and nothing has changed really.

What I can't seem to get is why no one has posted a thread about both Bin Laden and Hitler's death was announced late at night on May 1. Hitler- May 1, 1945. Also, the famous Bush "mission accomplished" speech was on May 1st.

Oh...also, this should sit well with the prophecy/ numerology believers...it is exactly 66 years later!! Chew on that for a while!
edit on 2-5-2011 by restlessbrainsyndrome because: added

For some reason I too thought of Hilter and the date May 1st,although i did not know that May1st had anything to do with Hilter.

I also felt that there was some significance of the announcement being on this date,but i dont know anything about numerolgy,just have a gut feeling, like maybe it was a signal to someone?

I have a question if anybody can tell me, how did our government have Osama's dna
in order to use it as verification?

I smell a false flag coming, and I believe that if Osama is really dead, he could have been killed a long time ago, but the announcement was being saved for such a time as this, so there would be a convienient scapegoat (Al-Qaida)
for the next supposed terrorist attack, which maybe what they were going to announce first, meaning knowledge of a supposed terrorist attack
edit on 3-5-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Proctor11

The OP is VERY interesting. What the heck is really going on? There are so many things about the Osama Bin Laden story that just stinks of deception.

Was there another announcement (a grim one) that they decided to quash?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Maybe they have had all this info on how they killed Osama for many years waiting for a time when they would really need it to drown out something big. And they were about to announce some world changing information but someone or a group of people put a stop to it by changing it to this Osama news.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

I don't know and grandma here can be dumb as a stick..but something does not feel right and I am starting
to think something out of the ordinary comes next..why, I have few clues but the feeling is rather scary.
I cannot share that feeling with family as I'm sure you know, I'm behind the younger ones in thought and
action and knowledge of what's go on and why. I just have to keep quiet around them.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infojunkie2

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome

What I can't seem to get is why no one has posted a thread about both Bin Laden and Hitler's death was announced late at night on May 1. Hitler- May 1, 1945. Also, the famous Bush "mission accomplished" speech was on May 1st.

For some reason I too thought of Hilter and the date May 1st,although i did not know that May1st had anything to do with Hilter.

I also felt that there was some significance of the announcement being on this date,but i dont know anything about numerolgy,just have a gut feeling, like maybe it was a signal to someone?

May 1 is the Illuminati "birthday".
The Maypole (which represents the Baal obelisk) is used in a dance celebration on May 1. The dance is symbolic of "entrapment" as ribbons are entangled around the pole.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
it actually was grim, someone being killed is pretty grim. I think they were in this frame of mind. Osama had been found and U.S. troops stormed the compund he was hiding at and killed him.

The fact that yet ANOTHER military action was taking place amidst everything that has gone on in the past months, and in the middle east, yeah that's pretty grim news if you ask me...

edit on 5/3/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
Hey everyone, what do you all think about the possibility of it relating to the nuclear situation in Japan? Just a thought!

That's exactly what I thought. i thought this was related to the Japan disaster, and if i am right I read some news about the rods being melted all the way through, or something like that in some online newspaper.

Here it is. I am not sure if it has been posted elsewhere.

Top Japan Nuclear Technology Institute Senior Advisor: ‘Fuel Rods Completely Melted, May Already Escaped Pressure Vessel’, ‘Water [Inside Pressure Vessel] Is Highly Contaminated With Uranium, Plutonium, Cesium, Cobalt, In The Concentration We’ve Never Seen Before’

More on 77-year-old Michio Ishikawa of the Japan Nuclear Technology Institute on the situation at Fukushima I Nuke Plant, as he appeared on Asahi TV on April 29.

A Todai as-hole though he may be, I started to like this guy as I watched. He didn’t mince his words, and said what they are doing at Fukushima I Nuke Plant is not working. That surprised some, including the host of the show, as Ishikawa is known as a strong proponent for the nuclear power generation and the nuclear industry.

I watched the segment (video No.2 out of 11) where he discussed the situation at Fukushima I Nuke Plant, particularly about the condition of the reactor core.

Here’s what I’d add to the snippets on my previous post. (My summary translation of what Mr. Ishikawa said, not literal; my comment in square bracket):

About TEPCO’s “roadmap:

“I believe what they are trying to achieve after 9 months is to cool the reactor cores and solidify them so that no radioactive materials can escape. But they are just doing peripheral tricks like water entombment and nitrogen gas injection. Nitrogen gas, it’s dangerous, by the way.

“What they must do is to cool the reactor cores, and there’s no way around it. It has to be done somehow.”

About the condition of the reactor cores:

“I believe the fuel rods are completely melted. They may already have escaped the pressure vessel. Yes, they say 55% or 30%, but I believe they are all melted down. When the fuel rods melt, they melt from the middle part on down.

(Showing the diagram) “I think the temperature inside the melted core is 2000 degrees to 2000 and several hundred degrees Celsius. A crust has formed on the surface where the water hits. Decay heat is 2000 to 3000 kilowatts, and through the cracks on the crust the radioactive materials (mostly noble gas and iodine) are escaping into the air.

“Volatile gas has almost all escaped from the reactor by now.

“The water [inside the pressure vessel] is highly contaminated with uranium, plutonium, cesium, cobalt, in the concentration we’ve never seen before.

www.infiniteunknown.net... re-vessel-water-inside-pressure-vessel-is-highly-contaminated-with-uranium-pluto/

edit on 3-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i said this in another thread and i might be stretching it a bit but, what about the fact the royaal honemoon has been postponed do they know something we dont know?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

May 1 is the Illuminati "birthday".
The Maypole (which represents the Baal obelisk) is used in a dance celebration on May 1. The dance is symbolic of "entrapment" as ribbons are entangled around the pole.

I didn't know that was the meaning of May Day. I forgot until i read this I did that silly ribbon dance around the maypole at school as a small child.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'm with ya. I didn't get it either. When exactly is something not considered a victory?

Prior to 9/11 we were spending about $330 billion U.S. dollars per year on defense. After 9/11, that figure has progressively escalated. We've been chasing a boogie man who lives in caves and still has the AK-47 as his weapon of choice, for 10 years, and we finally got him. How is that a victory, in any sense of the word? At what point would it have been a failure? 15 years? 20 years? 30 years? How many innocents have died since 9/11? So, thousands upon thousands have died so we could kill one man who lives in caves, (at least that's what we're led to believe), and this is a victory? As of August, 2010, 8,813 Afghan civilians have been killed with another 15,000 seriously injured. Throw in about 1800 U.S. and coalition troops killed and about 5,500 seriously injured and somehow this doesn't have the makings of a "victory".

On the Iraqi front, it's far worse. We all remember when Saddam gassed the Kurds. The reported dead was about 5,000. So, we go in, to "liberate" them and as of June, 2010, 864,000 civilians have been killed. Some liberation. With friends like that, who needs enemies? But the masses just eat poo fed to them by the MSM. They rally 'round the White House and celebrate. We traded thousands of civilians for one bad guy. Just pathetic and disgusting.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Really?! Its very different......there is no point to this story at all!.....I personally believe the following...Osama has been dead...for a long time...we've had his body for a long time..Bush and Obama are in cahoots together and simply used this when it would be convenient for a purpose...like re-election over Trump. However..there is no basis to the beginning of this thread at all!....Grave and Serious is exactly what a CIA covert operation to seek out Osama would be ...grave would mean....life or death...and it would in fact be a "life or death" situation as anyone could be killed...and to me it would be a very serious dealing. I see no basis to something other than what this was at all.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It's entirely possible that the dark haired male anchor thought this was earth shattering news, after all he is an MSM employee. Other than that what else could it have been? Alien disclosure, Elenin, Niburu, ect? Truth is we probably will never know.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I just watched the video posted by gimme_some_truth and I didn't see a grim look on the anchor's face, nothing unusual about his body language either.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It's dead simple. Obama is a MASSIVE Godfather fan. Always quoting lines from the films it would seem.

He wanted the announcement to go out at precisely the same moment Ayman al-Zawahiri got the delivery of Bin Laden's turban and a couple of fish wrapped up in paper. The announcement was delayed because at first Obama refused to take the cotton wool out of his mouth before making the address...

This is all a precursor to something big happening in Pakistan. The US is terrified of an 'arab uprising' there overthrowing the Pak Govt resulting in one of the world's nuclear arsenals falling into Taliban hands. Bin Laden's 'death', faked or not, is going to be exploited by the US to pre-empt some kind of showdown with the Pak Govt its Army and Intel services.

It's the old adage, better to be in control of events than have them control you. But it could backfire - spectacularly - get ready to head for the hills...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think everyone needs to slow down. The media needs to maintain credibility and to do that they need to report factual news. I think a lot of the networks still remember the 2008 elections where one network claimed gore won florida and then everyone else reported it. Then 20 mins later they all retracted it. The networks took a lot of heat for that.

When I heard about the presidential annoucement, and right away i flipped open my laptop and started searching the internet. The first thing I found was a statement by the associated press that said the president will be addressing the nation at 1030 tonight, no details on the announcement have been released yet (something to that effect).

The second that announcement was made, the networks scramble. They want to be the first ones to deliver accurate news. They let the midnight anchors get on live tv, which is very difficult. Then while these rookie anchors are just trying to stay afloat and keep it from being dead air they have a people in their ears, and notes being passed to them telling them the intel they are getting.

Behind the scenes they have people making phone calls to all kinds of people trying to figure out whats what. It seems like some of the networks got wind that it was about osama but did not report it until the information could be confirmed. In this type of situation you dont just announce the information one source gave you. You need to verify it with others. Around this time you have the heavy hitter anchors finishing up makeup and can be dumped right into the live broadcast, and that other chump wont get another second of airtime.

On a side note its funny these big corporations cant get their heads around social media. I found out from someone on facebook osama had been killed in a raid before any of the networks picked up on it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by writtenimage

I heard them explain on MSNBC later on (about an hour later?) that their previous "grim" announcement was because, originally, they had heard of a helicopter crash in that area, but it turns out that it was Pakistan's helicopter and not ours. They assumed the President's speech was to be about major troop casualties, instead of about Bin Laden.

Since when news anchors care about dead US troops? They never do otherwise they would not have supported all those illegal wars.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by writtenimage

I heard them explain on MSNBC later on (about an hour later?) that their previous "grim" announcement was because, originally, they had heard of a helicopter crash in that area, but it turns out that it was Pakistan's helicopter and not ours. They assumed the President's speech was to be about major troop casualties, instead of about Bin Laden.

Since when news anchors care about dead US troops? They never do otherwise they would not have supported all those illegal wars.

Good point, and since when does Obama make an announcement about 1 helicopter crash?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join