It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Buried at Sea...within 24 hours. Really?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bossdog82

Originally posted by JKF1897

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by theALW

Then why did they feel the need to show pictures and keep the bodies of Zarqawi, Hussein's sons, Hussein, Pablo Escobar, etc.? I'm not saying we should have mounted it, get real. But they should have shown the American people, before they disposed of the body. Why do you believe this story? Do you believe the government always tells the truth?

Because showing this right off the bat of his death could ignite some serious rage of his followers, and really I don't know what they may have up their sleeve (especially since they do major attacks every 10 years or so). They didn't want to push the buttons of any sleeper cells that may have a dirty bomb and just waiting for something disgraceful like a picture of Osama shot up on CNN to spark them to set it off.

Let the winds die down, you'll get your proof. Yes we deserve proof, but have a little faith.

And you dont think that having hundreds of people chanting USA infront of the white house over OBL's death would not cause the sleeper cells to wake up come on that is BS

I think they would be more enraged at the people chanting than seeing a pic of his dead body

From what Ive been reading from some Mid East analysts in the last few weeks, Al-Qaeda has been steadily losing popularity in the last few years so we have no idea how many active sleeper cells may actually be out there or how many people would be ticked off by images of a dead Osama. Muslim youth seem to be stepping away from extremism as a solution to their problems and embracing political activism. Thats not good for the extremists but its a positive change and I hope our government doesnt try to highjack any of these popular uprisings. Many of the people I know from the Mid East would be happy to see Osama dead and I dont think would be offended or get upset by seeing pictures of him in such a state. They hold him responsible for tarnishing Islam in the eyes of the world, so no love lost.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

They didn't want to push the buttons of any sleeper cells that may have a dirty bomb and just waiting for something disgraceful like a picture of Osama shot up on CNN to spark them to set it off.

But somehow all the footage of crowds fist pumping and waving American flags, chanting USA! USA! USA!, and huge headlines on papers saying "We got the bastard!", etc. weren't enough to warrant a dirty bomb attack that they had just waiting around for the right occasion? Are you serious? If they had the ability to hit us, they would whether they showed the body or not.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by Ancient Champion

hell no we're not happy, look what these pricks and all their conspirators have done to us this country and the world

clinton ,bush, obama...the club

I think it's funny how the world stopped blaming the devil for the worlds problems and now blames the US Government.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't usually buy into most of the conspiracy theories posted on this site, but this one is a doozy. Some thoughts:

1. The "Islamic rituals" part, I believe was said just to placate the large Muslim population. For many Muslims, they think that OBL is the "figurehead" for the "war against Islam" (as they see it). So merely to say "we followed Islamic practices" is an attempt to show the Muslim's that they only went after him because he's a terrorist, but that after the deed was done, they still respected Islam enough to honour the traditions.

2. Burial at sea: ridiculous! He died in Pakistan so he should have been buried there. Did they dump him in the sea on his right side, and facing Mecca? Did only men view/handle the body? Since he died a Shahid (martyr) he should not have been washed before burial, so WHY would you dump him in a big body of water? Did they shroud him first? Were the ritual prayers done?

I'm betting NO on all of those, so I think it was just coincidental that he was disposed of so quickly, and it was very opportunistic to claim they did it to follow Islamic customs.

3. Much Earlier/Never?: WHAT is the real reason to dispose so quickly and so irreversibly of his body? If you bury it in an undisclosed location, you could STILL avoid all the problems that have been claimed (shrine no country wanting him blah blah) BUT if need be, you could dig him up if you need something later (ie. more DNA or w/e). But to dump him in the sea says "this is it, there's no going back".

How do we know he's really dead?
Who looks for a dead person that's been dumped in the sea? NO ONE. What if he's not dead, but was captured? They could torture him extract info from etc... for years to come, and no one will care because nobody knows and nobody is watching.

When did he die?
The speed of this thing is ridiculous. No rational person can believe it all happened so quickly with no leaks anywhere. WHAT IF he did die but earlier/a lot earlier than is claimed? It would be a good reason to "dump his body at sea" so quickly (hiding freezer burns?) or just claim to have done that because he was dead & buried a long time ago?

The sceptic in me says this whole thing is an opportunistic stunt, whether he is really dead or not - whether he died recently or years ago.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

yea i know the whole thing is just sad right we are supposed to take these clows at their word when all they do is lie to us they must really think we are stupid

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hey everyone check out my new thread.

I just captured bigfoot but I dropped him in the ocean. If you don't believe me tough sht !

I'm gonna do a follow up about bigfoots fake birth certificate.

edit on 3-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Because that's a rational stance to this topic...

secondline

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Many of the people I know from the Mid East would be happy to see Osama dead and I dont think would be offended or get upset by seeing pictures of him in such a state.

So let me get this straight. The useful idiots (NeoCon patsies) are arguing that killing this guy would not offend anyone, but parading his dead body around or showing pictures/video of his dead body would offend these same people and instigate retaliation.

Ahoy Me Hearties! Looks like somebody is feeding the fish...and it's not OBL/UBL/Osama/Usama/Tim Osmond (with a name like that, he should have became a singer).

link   
CNN: "Now, stop questioning Obama's legitimacy".

okay, cnn, i'll take your word for it. i....trust you...

Commentary's closing paragraphs:
"They have tried to present U.S. politics not as a choice between liberal and conservative but as a choice between American and non-American, between real Americans and between a dangerous dark-skinned intruder. They have sought to portray the president as a man who could not be trusted to lead the country because he owed no loyalty to the country, because he did not belong in the country.
After the events of the past 72 hours, those kinds of attacks should be finished now. It's a cleaner world without bin Laden soiling it. And American politics will be cleaner for the expunging of the malicious fantasy of the president's non-Americanness.
Obama has performed the first job of an American president: He has used the power of the nation well to defeat the nation's enemies and defend the nation's people. After an interval for celebration of yesterday's accomplishment, it will be back to politics as usual. But let's hope that this time, the usual will include this difference: that the administration can be criticized as "liberal" without being libeled as "alien.""

www.cnn.com...
*******piece by david frum, special assistant to gwb, author of 6 books, including "comeback: conservatism that can win again"*******

i was just about to turn my attention back to "keeping up with the kardashians" and stop questioning obama's legitimacy because, well, even conservative david frum is "on board with obama" now...when i remembered that my problems with obama have nothing to do with skin color or race or birth place. Nor do I interpret general opinion of obama as a "choice between american and non-american"....but thanks, CNN, for trying to save me the some time and tell me how i feel about the issues...phew, now i can get back to more important stuff...like facebooking that i love obama.....

link   

its not funny and first you have to prove that binladen had anything to do with anything

most of us already know uncle sammy hates us and wants us all dead

link   
I was wondering this earlier, what if the Seal-6 team that made the assualt captured Osama alive. If I was the President or CIA Director (the inner intelligence circle) I would want to keep him alive and tell the world he was dead. If the world thinks he is dead you wont be questioned or scrutinized about his treatment by any of the humanitarian groups around the country/world. I also believe you could begin interogating/torturing him to get AS MUCH INFORMATION as possible. If the world knew he was alive there would be people monitoring this situation non stop wondering if we are taking the interogation practices too far. I'm hopeful that we caught him, planted the seed in everyones mind that he is dead, and are now we're interogating him to find out everything he knows, where people are at, who's funding, etc, ect and any/every piece of information we can possibly obtain from him, once you believe you extracted all the information, you take him out, lights out for OBL.....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

its not funny and first you have to prove that binladen had anything to do with anything

most of us already know uncle sammy hates us and wants us all dead

Prove that he didn't have anything to do with anything

and yes lets blame all of our problems on the US Government.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

As much as I hate to say this, Saddam was really not a "direct" threat to america. Yes, he killed thousands of his own people, and sheltered people who would later hurt us.But, he never launched an attack directly aimed to hurt and kill Americans on our own soil, at home or abroad.

America has a "direct threat" ideal - you are completely invisible until you do something to directly harm us or a natural resource we need. While we did invade Iraq and oust him, that was more due to his control of the oil fields and his loose threats of one day attacking us. He didn't ram two planes into towers, bomb a US warship, spread hate and fear-mongering throughout a targeted sect, and revel in his newfound resistance leader stance.

Osama was "the" bad guy, no matter how you cut your paranoid slice of cake. Of course there are things about his death that won't come out for months, if not years, but some of the finer facts may be let out after people have time to cool down and the 24 hour news cycle is not so ravenous for something of this nature.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

Evidence may very well exist - I just said that the international community could have some problems with just taking your word for it (because of all the earlier lies to the international community) without examing the evidence themselves on how and when he died?

Ooops too late! they immediately dumped the friggin body into the ocean! :shk:

And believe me, that's the only problem I am having with this farce.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Chevalerous because: I dumped some embarrassing stuff into the ocean!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That's exactly what I thought, unless Osama was a threat with a gun or something, then they probably had to shoot him.

Anyway it makes sense to bury him at see, if he was buried at a specific place, his grave or final resting place will be made into a shrine by other terrorists.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I was wondering this earlier, what if the Seal-6 team that made the assualt captured Osama alive. If I was the President or CIA Director (the inner intelligence circle) I would want to keep him alive and tell the world he was dead. If the world thinks he is dead you wont be questioned or scrutinized about his treatment by any of the humanitarian groups around the country/world. I also believe you could begin interogating/torturing him to get AS MUCH INFORMATION as possible. If the world knew he was alive there would be people monitoring this situation non stop wondering if we are taking the interogation practices too far. I'm hopeful that we caught him, planted the seed in everyones mind that he is dead, and are now we're interogating him to find out everything he knows, where people are at, who's funding, etc, ect and any/every piece of information we can possibly obtain from him, once you believe you extracted all the information, you take him out, lights out for OBL.....

My best maxwell Smart for this one.

Why of course Chief you nailed it what a brilliant sceme. Good going Chief. Logic al at every point. Uh there's just one thing Chief. "What's that Max? He's dead Chief. Dead as a door nail. Been dead for years. I'm talking really dead here Chief. No flesh on the bones DEAD>.DEAD>DEAD>
edit on 3-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It's good that they have anounced that he IS dead, so now they can get on with finding the real killers of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, and set OJ free.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Conspiracy for the sake of conspiracy.

Top quality postings again ATS!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

They didn't want to push the buttons of any sleeper cells that may have a dirty bomb and just waiting for something disgraceful like a picture of Osama shot up on CNN to spark them to set it off.

But somehow all the footage of crowds fist pumping and waving American flags, chanting USA! USA! USA!, and huge headlines on papers saying "We got the bastard!", etc. weren't enough to warrant a dirty bomb attack that they had just waiting around for the right occasion? Are you serious? If they had the ability to hit us, they would whether they showed the body or not.

You're comparing a small crowd of college kids chanting USA with a picture of a leader of terrorism shot in the head.
Come on now. Second, Fox News, CNN can't cover a crowd celebrating like that? Oh hey, shut down the video, we don't want to show this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

i'm not speaking as if i know they have evidence, i'm about a skeptical as the rest of you on it, but i'm also not jumping the gun and calling this all a complete farce. i think that no one here will be happy with evidence presented and will race to prove it's fake despite it's authenticity.

anyhow, unlike most, i can't just work off of the assumption that they took his body, without collecting evidence and dna, and just dumped it in the ocean. while i can't assume they have evidence, i also can't assume they don't. i'm waiting a few days before i start calling names a joining sides. right now, i just play devil's advocate because i enjoy the debate. or work for the CIA, whichever you prefer.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join