It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bin Laden's CORPSE: handled accordance to Islamic law

page: 2
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They were going to do a fake body on video, but their test run was a failure. Their test run was the kids who filmed the "alien" which was made out of turkey. So the CIA was going to make a fake bin laden body out of turkey parts and pig entrails but their test run proved to be not convincing.

Just joking.




posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
it was in the name of his religion that he done those thing he did

screw islamic traditions respect a man and his religion when his religion was to murder in the name of allah

i have had enough of this pc bs.





posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by de Thor
Come on, guys. Show some class. Put this chapter to rest. Let him be buried in accordance with Islamic law. To not would make the radical muslims even more pissed.


Your right. That would be bad to piss off more muslims. Those poor people. Wait... oh that's right, they're the enemy. Ok let's piss them off and fight a real war. Stop playing patty cake!



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by truthorlies
 


Why does it make you sick? He's dead, he's been buried, simple as that. He's been given a religious funeral in accordance with his beliefs, What would be your alternative?

As far as I'm concerned, if he was responsible for 9/11 he's paid the price for it, I'm personally opposed to the death penalty and extra judicial execution but I won't lose sleep over his assasination. He's been laid to rest and God can judge him for his crimes.
edit on 2-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)


Once again, my alternative would have been to wrap him in bacon, toss him in the furnace, and spread his ashes over the middle east. Why are we appeasing the rest of the terrorists?



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies
 


Not all Muslims are terrorists. It's thinking like that that will continue this "war" for all eternity. Burial at sea is not Islamic law. It was done to avoid his grave becoming a shrine, as has already been pointed out. I seriously doubt his body was washed in accordance with Islamic law. That was likely told to the media to avoid further inciting Muslims. I am sure they just dumped his body overboard for the sharks.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies
 


Because that would make you no better than 'the terrorists'. Defiling and mutilating dead bodies is not going to win hearts and minds. It's not appeasement either it's common decency. You've killed the man, you took his remains away instead of leaving them for his family/associates to deal with, therefore you bury him according to his tradition like any decent human being should.
edit on 2-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Yeah, if only we can find a way to use this event to make more Muslims hate America for no reason other than that we are jerks. Osama is dead. Pissing off other Muslims will achieve what? I bet it is a nice safe, comfy chair the answers are to come from.


A great many Muslims hate Osama as much as we do and think he and his beliefs are a corruption of Islam.

Our respect for Islam by burying Osama in Islamic ways just equates Osama to Islam.

The fact is, many Muslims would be happy to see Osama on a pike being fed upon by crows. The Muslims that hate us will continue to hate us even if we buried Osama facing Mecca with a Taj Majal sized shrine.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blade The Hunter
The only people that should be buried at sea are Navy personnel, not people like bin laden. I call total baloney on this anyway, the s.o.b is not dead. For such a high value target, I want to see the video footage from the helmet cams spec ops commandos like to wear, and I know for a fact S.E.A.L team 6 would have worn them on that mission.


Yeah right, you want to have access to special operations communications, procedures and tactics. I'm sure a lot of people in AQ would love to see that, too just for their own education and training.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by truthorlies
 


Yeah, because we should really be concerned about their religious tradition when they come over here and try to kill us.


It's part of the international laws of warfare, buddy. An enemy combatant, once killed, is to be interred or otherwise disposed of with as much respect for his known or assumed faith as possible. That's why the Nazis got crosses over their heads, too.

Just 'cause some cave-dwelling putzes opt to not follow said laws does not give us leave to do the same, just as someone stealing a car does not mean that you can also steal one.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by truthorlies
 


Yeah, because we should really be concerned about their religious tradition when they come over here and try to kill us.


It's part of the international laws of warfare, buddy. An enemy combatant, once killed, is to be interred or otherwise disposed of with as much respect for his known or assumed faith as possible. That's why the Nazis got crosses over their heads, too.

Just 'cause some cave-dwelling putzes opt to not follow said laws does not give us leave to do the same, just as someone stealing a car does not mean that you can also steal one.


Laws of warfare went out in Vietnam. No one follows them except us. And we pay for it. Make an example.

On live TV, wrap his body in pork, burn him, and spread his ashes in pig food. Then announce to the muslim world that everyone who attacks us will receive the same. War ended.
edit on 2-5-2011 by truthorlies because: spelling....again



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies
 


No NOT war ended. Acting so juvenile and disrespectful would only exacerbate the 'war on terror' considering it would be used by Islamist groups as 'proof' that America is at war with Islam. A notion becoming more and more prevalent throughout the middle east as prejudice against Islam is steadily on the increase in the west is this idea that western foreign policy takes aim specifically at Islam, attitudes that specifically take aim at Islam are a contributing factor. Defiling dead bodies will create terrorists it won't disuade them.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by de Thor
Come on, guys. Show some class. Put this chapter to rest. Let him be buried in accordance with Islamic law. To not would make the radical muslims even more pissed.


You believe this tripe? Yeah, I heard they invited some Islamic Clerics to the event and they eulogized him and then the sailors on board one by one gave their respects with tears in their eyes that such a great man had passed away. Yeah..



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 2-5-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthorlies
So after they cut of Christians' heads, do they bury them with cross headstones? Why do we keep doing this. They are the enemy! How did we treat Germans and Japanese during WWII?


Take a look at one of cemeteries where German soldiers were buried (outside Germany).
Just look in what shape it is kept, and marvel at the nice crosses and all

Link


I find the OP bigoted and without much merit. We don't have to become animals to claim superiority over an enemy who may have been one.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

CAIRO – Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Source



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by truthorlies
So after they cut of Christians' heads, do they bury them with cross headstones? Why do we keep doing this. They are the enemy! How did we treat Germans and Japanese during WWII?


Take a look at one of cemeteries where German soldiers were buried (outside Germany).
Just look in what shape it is kept, and marvel at the nice crosses and all

Link


I find the OP bigoted and without much merit. We don't have to become animals to claim superiority over an enemy who may have been one.


Absolutely I'm bigoted! We are in a world where the rules of law are only followed by the United States! Why do we have to play ball when the rest of the world is cutting off our heads! I don't remember from my military days of a clause in the Geneva Convention saying that cutting off the enemies heads is A-OK.

Wake up people. Research wars from the dawn of time until the 20th Century. Wars are fought to win. Not to say "No No Mr. Enemy. You are wrong. No matter what you may do, we will slap you on the wrist."

To buddhasystem:
Germans taking care of German graves. We are talking about Americans taking care of Muslim graves.

Let me elaborate: A+A= B
A+C does not equal B
edit on 2-5-2011 by truthorlies because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by truthorlies because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

CAIRO – Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Source


abcnews.go.com...

A video is going to released at some point.



posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthorlies
To buddhasystem:
Germans taking care of German graves. We are talking about Americans taking care of Muslim graves.


Yeah well, Germans are paying up for the upkeep. That's mostly a financial issue. They are afforded these neat stone crosses and all. By your logic, the field should be bulldozed over. And that's that.



posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies
 


You're not taking care of any graves, he was buried at sea. He was ceremonially washed, someone (a Muslim member of your navy I'm assuming) would have said a prayer (maybe they ignored that bit?) and he was thrown in the ocean never to be seen again. The fact that you even cared about it puzzles me.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1   >>

log in

join