It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's CORPSE: handled accordance to Islamic law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I hope this comes out as false, but if it's true, tonight was a loss. If we really did go in and take this guy out, why handle him in sharia law?

BREAKING: I'm watching FOX news and they have just confirmed that they will bury him by 4 pm tomorrow in accordance with sharia law. He killed thousands of Americans and we are going to appease the muslims. What happened to this great occasion.

JUST CAME ACROSS: this is happening while I'm typing:::Under Islamic tradition, ABC's Zunaira Zaki reports, the body would be washed by Muslim men and buried as soon as possible, usually by the next prayer (Muslims pray five times a day), although there may be delays under certain circumstances (for autopsies, for example). The body is usually buried in a simple white sheet-- whether buried in the ground, or at sea.:

This makes me sick!

www.nationalreview.com...
blogs.abcnews.com...
edit on 2-5-2011 by truthorlies because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2011 by truthorlies because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Yeah, because we should really be concerned about their religious tradition when they come over here and try to kill us.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I say wrap him in bacon, burn him, and spread his ashes over the middle east.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthorlies
I hope this comes out as false, but if it's true, tonight was a loss. If we really did go in and take this guy out, why handle him in sharia law?

BREAKING: I'm watching FOX news and they have just confirmed that they will bury him by 4 pm tomorrow in accordance with sharia law. He killed thousands of Americans and we are going to appease the muslims. What happened to this great occasion.

JUST CAME ACROSS: this is happening while I'm typing:::Under Islamic tradition, ABC's Zunaira Zaki reports, the body would be washed by Muslim men and buried as soon as possible, usually by the next prayer (Muslims pray five times a day), although there may be delays under certain circumstances (for autopsies, for example). The body is usually buried in a simple white sheet-- whether buried in the ground, or at sea.:

This makes me sick!

www.nationalreview.com...
blogs.abcnews.com...

What you expect them to give us a body to examine after they gave us this...

they cant even fake a bc how they gonna do a body lol besides everyone wins Ossama gets to live a new peaceful life (assuming like his wife or whatever said and he wasn't dead years ago) and they get to launch another 9/11 kinda black flag cause the 'Muslims' want 'revenge'...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I mean really did you expect anything but the utmost respect for the muslim religion- traditions?? They will probably place him at that ground zero masque and worship him there in NYC.

Keep celebrating in the streets you bunch of sick idiots.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How bout one bullet for every victim just to make extra sure he's really dead?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So after they cut of Christians' heads, do they bury them with cross headstones? Why do we keep doing this. They are the enemy! How did we treat Germans and Japanese during WWII? Look at old cartoons, commercials, ads in magazines...seriously people!

Would we have made sure that Hitler was buried with all of his last wishes?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The US is being careful here to make sure this looks like a war against terrorism as opposed to a war against Islam. Nonetheless. I wouldn't be burying him in accordance with any religious right. His burial site will become a Mecca-like pilgrimage for many Islamic extremists.

IRM

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So if they dump the body at sea, how are we ever going to see a corpse?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm watching FOX news right now and why does it say USAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD? FOX news can't even spell the name right.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

edit on 2-5-2011 by ThirdI because: Retracted statement, my apoligizes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yeah, if only we can find a way to use this event to make more Muslims hate America for no reason other than that we are jerks. Osama is dead. Pissing off other Muslims will achieve what? I bet it is a nice safe, comfy chair the answers are to come from.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
CNN is now reporting that he's ALREADY buried at sea.

smh

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alohagirl21

His name is actually really spelled that way, it just translates to Osama. The FBIs Most Wanted list had him listed as Usama as well.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I bet the military members that had to wash his body and elegantly place the corpse in white were real happy.

I hold hope that they actually just heaved him overboard.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The only people that should be buried at sea are Navy personnel, not people like bin laden. I call total baloney on this anyway, the s.o.b is not dead. For such a high value target, I want to see the video footage from the helmet cams spec ops commandos like to wear, and I know for a fact S.E.A.L team 6 would have worn them on that mission.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Come on, guys. Show some class. Put this chapter to rest. Let him be buried in accordance with Islamic law. To not would make the radical muslims even more pissed.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'd agree with the burial at sea as opposed to in the earth, as the last thing we need is a shrine for all his followers to worship at his grave, but they should have ignored Islamic tradition this once and let other heads of state see the body to confirm his death. All this does is fuel the conspiracy theories. This isn't the first time they buried a body that died under suspicious circumstances, remember Dodi Fayed?

When you think about it, burial at sea is about the best option when dealing with a terrorist leader who would be viewed as a martyr. Bury him in Pakistan or Afghanistan and his grave becomes a shrine, bury him on US soil and it becomes an abomination and incites further violence against the US. He's fish food now, let him rot in hades.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truthorlies

Why does it make you sick? He's dead, he's been buried, simple as that. He's been given a religious funeral in accordance with his beliefs, What would be your alternative?

As far as I'm concerned, if he was responsible for 9/11 he's paid the price for it, I'm personally opposed to the death penalty and extra judicial execution but I won't lose sleep over his assasination. He's been laid to rest and God can judge him for his crimes.
edit on 2-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Also being discussed in this thread in case you're interested in the comments there. I found a change to a Wiki between early this morning when this "burial at sea" was announced and now to the write up about the law. This timing and the actual change are pretty interesting given the circumstances.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join