It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warns Americans abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

U.S. warns Americans abroad

www.politico.com

The State Department issued a worldwide travel alert early Monday warning Americans of possible reprisals stemming from the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.

Sent out shortly after President Obama announced bin Laden's death, the department said there was "enhanced potential for anti-American violence."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This news just in...Now that Bin Laden is Dead

A travel warning is issued...well we could have expected as much...

With thousands celebrating around the world that Bin Laden is Officially dead...

Officially dead

I seem to recall some news years ago...yeah...its all coming to me now....

In 2002 Osama - Reported Dead!

CIA reports, doctors and biographers have asserted that bin Laden had (has) a range of diseases from typhoid to renal disease, Addison’s disease, secondary osteoporosis and Marfan syndrome. Intelligence agencies think that in 2000, he had kidney-dialysis devices shipped to him in Afghanistan. His 1987 biography states that bin Laden was being treated with insulin for diabetes and suffered serious low blood pressure. Is it likely that the most wanted man in the world has been regularly receiving medical attention without detection for the past 10 years?

In 2008, former CIA case officer Robert Baer asserted, “Of course he’s dead.” In 2002 and 2009, Pakistani Presidents Pervez Musharraf and Asif Ali Zardari separately stated that bin Laden was dead. In 2002, FBI counterterrorism chief Dale Watson stated that bin Laden “probably” was dead.www.washingtontimes.com...

Then, there were reports that Osama was seen after he was dead living in luxury...

Osama bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri are believed to be hiding close to each other in houses in northwest Pakistan, but are not together, a senior NATO official said.

"Nobody in al Qaeda is living in a cave," said the official, who declined to be named because of the sensitivity of the intelligence matters involved.

Rather, al Qaeda's top leadership is believed to be living in relative comfort, protected by locals and some members of the Pakistani intelligence services, the official said.

edition.cnn.com...

A new twist on the all too familiar...

In any case...just in case...

"Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations," the alert said. "U.S. citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times."

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Guess we'll see, sooner or later pictures will leak of his dead corpse.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

Yes, or his leaking corpse will be shown...

Er um...thawed out corpse...

Will the real Bin Laden please stand up?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ahh.. They using old bins ghost now to scare people from fleeing amerika..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yes, and surely this will bring about more security measures....
Increased Pat Downs, and if your abroad, dont go out of your room.

Really now....we could see this coming right?

I am just waiting to see who the new villan is now...

And what a coincidence...did they wait to announce this until the

Royal Wedding was sealed???

edit on 2-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Oh, and just in case this does not get a thread of its own...

They will bury Bin Laden at Sea!

Now that bin Laden has been killed and his body has been positively identified, what is to be done with his remains?

U.S. officials tell me the last thing they want is for his burial place to become a terrorist shrine.

To avoid that, an informed source tells me, the intention is the bury his body at sea -- leaving no definitive location for the final resting place of his body.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Well that would be a good reason to be watching your back, I'll say...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Quite curious about that as well - suspect they going to get a bit more mileage from old bins ghost before they unveil the new bogeyman and the show goes on... Yep I feel sorry for the people in the states its going to get worse as their government "protects" them more from the bogeyman...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Can you hear that sound people? Listen closely, it's the sound of Obama moving his chess pieces, I can forsee a checkmate is going to be announced soon and we'll all be pawned.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Funny thing this was in the works they say for months...

And then, just like that .... we have a long form birth certificate (whatever it may or not be )

The Royal Wedding, and Osama is dead.

Its just strange, and seems planned that way. I wonder what they have up the sleeve...?

Oh, yes, of course all for our benefit...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Photo of a huge crowd celebrating the news at Penn State - @jakemkaplan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e4b92fb2be7.jpg[/atsimg]

plixi.com...

Students gathered in hundreds singing God Bless America...
yfrog.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes, and now this warning is escalated...

Interpol now issues warning....

INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble has congratulated the US and its counterparts worldwide for the gathering and sharing of intelligence that permitted the US to locate Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan, and to launch a targeted operation to bring him to justice - an operation that resulted in his killing by US special forces.

While Bin Laden's death strikes a crippling blow to an organization that requires members to swear personal allegiance to Osama Bin Laden, the head of INTERPOL called for extra vigilance by INTERPOL member countries' law enforcement authorities to a heightened terror risk from Al Qaeda-affiliated or Al Qaeda-inspired terrorists as a result of Bin Laden’s death.

With the announcement by US President Barack Obama that the US employed a carefully planned and executed operation against the Al-Qaeda leader in a compound in Abbottabad, north of Islamabad, the head of INTERPOL said that Bin Laden's death in the tenth year following the 9/11 attacks was 'a fitting end to a symbol, advocate and sponsor of terrorism globally whose actions resulted in the murder of thousands of innocent victims in the US and throughout the world.’

www.interpol.int...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Why do i get the feeling that this is still FAR from over..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Oh, and just in case this does not get a thread of its own...

They will bury Bin Laden at Sea!

Now that bin Laden has been killed and his body has been positively identified, what is to be done with his remains?

U.S. officials tell me the last thing they want is for his burial place to become a terrorist shrine.

To avoid that, an informed source tells me, the intention is the bury his body at sea -- leaving no definitive location for the final resting place of his body.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Well that would be a good reason to be watching your back, I'll say...
LAST THING WE NEED IS TERRORIST PIRATES.lol

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
With OBL gone now the most hated man in America will be Janet Napolitano. I wonder how long until spec ops takes her out?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Oh thats funny, thanks I needed that laugh!

Maybe its her we can thank for the finally dead Osama Bin Laden!

They are big footsteps to fill, but hey...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Uk has also..it goes without saying ..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Trust your feelings cos there bang on.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Funny thing this was in the works they say for months...

And then, just like that .... we have a long form birth certificate (whatever it may or not be )

The Royal Wedding, and Osama is dead.

Its just strange, and seems planned that way. I wonder what they have up the sleeve...?

Oh, yes, of course all for our benefit...

Yes it is all a bit odd

Add to that - the Royal couple have postponed their honeymoon abroad, this was announced not long after the wedding but reportedly had been decided some weeks / months ago..

postp oned honeymoon

The closer you look, the more dodgy it all appears..

peace
J
edit on 2-5-2011 by skjalddis because: added link

new topics

top topics

join